Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Life a Computer Simulation?

stevemagegod

If Life is nothing more than a Computer Simulation than perhaps a lot of the cases of Paranormal events that happen are just Glitches in "Reality". Some of these possible Glitches in Reality could be Ghosts, Teleportation, When Time seems to move faster some days and not other days, and the Soul. I am Christian and believe in One God. But lately i have been thinking that if there is a Creator and that this is nothing more than a Simulation than there should be a team of "Creators". As bigger projects require a team of advanced programmers as one person would take a long ass time to write every piece of code. So i am thinking that there are a Pantheon of Gods out there. Maintaining the Main server in which the program runs on. And fixing Glitches that occur a long the way. Such as some of the paranormal events that defy current logic, as they do not happen all time. But with any Computer Game/Simulation we should be able to find Cheat codes to make are character better. And i believe that these codes could be Hallucinogenic Drugs, as many Shamans use them to connect to the Higher Planes. Perhaps some of the places that have a higher rate of Ghost activity are re spawn points within the game as almost every game have them as some spirits can interact with environment around them.

Since when did hallucinogens make a person better?

Since when did hallucinogens make a person better?

He didn't mean make a person better, but let them see outside the box.

He didn't mean make a person better, but let them see outside the box.

Well thats what he said, he likened them to cheat codes.

Well, I guess they would be considered "better", but there are other ways to cheat like that, that doesn't involve drugs. When I used to play arcade games, they always told me "winners don't use drugs".

Well, I guess they would be considered "better", but there are other ways to cheat like that, that doesn't involve drugs. When I used to play arcade games, they always told me "winners don't use drugs".

Well think about it for a minute. Many Shamans use hallucinogenic drugs and ancient rituals to connect with a higher reality and sometimes speak with "God" during their altered states of conscience. Thus breaking Reality by coming back and teaching what they learned during their altered states of conscience.

Possibly..,.. If every intelligent race evenchually creates artificial life inside of simulations, and they create say an average of 9 of them. This would mean that 90% of all intelligent life is "artificial"

It is wise to keep labels and dogmas in check, there is far more to the relationship between man and plant than most realizes. Chemistry is intricately connected with the spirit.

Shamans that use entheogens are participating in an ancient technology. Labeling their substaces as negative without understanding their full affect on humanity is a grave mistake. I did once myself, but I am wiser now.

Prescription drugs is the 4 leading cause of death in the us. Either through abuse, mistake, allergy, or side affect. Throw in legal drugs like nicotine and alcohol and it might be in the running for first place.

(mods, if im crossing any lines i apologize and delete)

Natural entheogenes.....are... Well... Watch... One of the most brilliant people I have met in um sent me these synchronistically while I was discovering this mans work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo-MxPudywo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJWmUiwcxu0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

In what sense does tripping make a person better?

I don't think you're getting it.

edit: It's a spiritual thing you either believe, or don't (altered states leading to an unseen, real "world").

Edited by _Only

I don't think you're getting it.

edit: It's a spiritual thing you either believe, or don't (altered states leading to an unseen, real "world").

Oh I get it, but I don't buy it.

They're called hallucinogens for a reason.

Oh I get it, but I don't buy it.

They're called hallucinogens for a reason.

That's what I would have said, if not for hearing and reading of many, many, many different people from all places and walks of life who can experience that same "world" those shamans have seen, through completely natural means, without ingesting any hallucinogenic substances. Including various types of "shamans" themselves. Which makes it harder to simply say that that "place" is only created from an ingesting a substance. But again, you will either believe what these people saw or not, or think they are in a misunderstanding of what they experience or not. But probably the best way to decide is for one to experience it themselves. Wish I could say I've been able to.

edit: Well, I have in a certain aspect, but I'd prefer to get a bit further outside of the box naturally (and safely). :blush:

Edited by _Only

That's what I would have said, if not for hearing and reading of many, many, many different people from all places and walks of life who can experience that same "world" those shamans have seen, through completely natural means, without ingesting any hallucinogenic substances. Including various types of "shamans" themselves. Which makes it harder to simply say that that "place" is only created from an ingesting a substance. But again, you will either believe what these people saw or not, or think they are in a misunderstanding of what they experience or not. But probably the best way to decide is for one to experience it themselves. Wish I could say I've been able to.

edit: Well, I have in a certain aspect, but I'd prefer to get a bit further outside of the box naturally (and safely). :blush:

Same world? Like the exaggerated definition of "same" NDE proponents use?

Same world? Like the exaggerated definition of "same" NDE proponents use?

No. An altered state of mind. A place that someone can move about in that isn't the same as this reality.

Some call it a spirit realm, astral plane, seeing God, a "good trip", etc.

Of course many don't believe in all that, and that's fine. But that's what the OP was talking about, and what many have experienced, through various means. What you think they really experienced is up to you, though.

Edited by _Only

I think maybe the idea is about causing a shift in perception, which can be done many different ways: hallucinogens, meditation, sweat lodge, Sun Dance, a long series of full prostrations, extended periods of singing/dancing/chanting, ceremony. Anything that puts a physical stress on the body tends to break down our normal perceptions and allows us to get out of our "box", or experience a paradigm shift.

I don't think it's the shift itself that's important, though. I think it's what we make of it, how we process it, where it takes us or how it changes us, either spiritually, psychologically, or mentally, or all three. It can be a catalyst for growth, but doesn't always lead to that. And some people are quite happy & content and feel no need to have this kind of experience. But to deny the value of other cultural practices, other spiritual traditions, other philosophies, practices, beliefs, etc., based on our own limited experiences, seems akin to an ostrich sticking their head in the sand and asking where everyone went.

If Life is nothing more than a Computer Simulation than perhaps a lot of the cases of Paranormal events that happen are just Glitches in "Reality". Some of these possible Glitches in Reality could be Ghosts, Teleportation, When Time seems to move faster some days and not other days, and the Soul. I am Christian and believe in One God. But lately i have been thinking that if there is a Creator and that this is nothing more than a Simulation than there should be a team of "Creators". As bigger projects require a team of advanced programmers as one person would take a long ass time to write every piece of code. So i am thinking that there are a Pantheon of Gods out there. Maintaining the Main server in which the program runs on. And fixing Glitches that occur a long the way. Such as some of the paranormal events that defy current logic, as they do not happen all time. But with any Computer Game/Simulation we should be able to find Cheat codes to make are character better. And i believe that these codes could be Hallucinogenic Drugs, as many Shamans use them to connect to the Higher Planes. Perhaps some of the places that have a higher rate of Ghost activity are re spawn points within the game as almost every game have them as some spirits can interact with environment around them.

If life is nothing more than a computed simulation where these glitches do occur, who's to say that genetic modification isn't similar to what we consider hacking? Bypassing an anti-hack system such as in a game, and injecting the hack itself through the .dll file. Just an assumption, considering over 98% of Human DNA is still currently unknown. If living is just a game, I damn well wish someone could just give me the Walk-through of Life. ^_^

Edited by ViViDviSioN

If life is nothing more than a computed simulation where these glitches do occur, who's to say that genetic modification isn't similar to what we consider hacking? Bypassing an anti-hack system such as in a game, and injecting the hack itself through the .dll file. Just an assumption, considering over 98% of Human DNA is still currently unknown. If living is just a game, I damn well wish someone could just give me the Walk-through of Life. ^_^

Not me I prefer not to use the cheats. As a 12 year old I was determined to go through doom on the hardest settings, and I rather enjoyed discovering the locations of the secret weapons.

Altered states can be achieved in many ways and is an intrinsnick part of our history and culture that has been vilified by both religion and government. Those who understand altered states are not subject to control and all institutions hate that.

Ah you make a Good point. Perhaps Genetic Modification is a Form of hacking the computer code within us. As are anti-hack system would be high end encryption within are DNA structure. As it toke years for us to figure out only 2% of are DNA and a lot of it is considered "Junk DNA" as far as we know it serves know real purpose. Perhaps the Junk DNA is the Readme and copyright notepad files you find along side the .dll which serve as the real code.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a matter of time for a sim (in the game The Sims) to communicate with us in this current world.

The Sims world is made of electricity and metal (RAM, hard drive). It's 50x less type of element than our world.

Conclusion : it's possible to communicate to a higher consciousness/world. And the number of type of elements/energy that constitute the outside world is far more greater than the number of elements in this universe.

Electricity, the thing that keep everything running at the same time, is equivalent to energy in our world. Analogically, if there's energies/elements other than electricity in our world, it's safe to say that "outside" world is not just build with "energy".

stevemagegod,

Yes, a digital simulation or virtual reality.

You say you are a Christian; those gods you mention are Angel spirits.

Glitches would pertain to fallen entities interfering with the simulation (Divine plan).

Drugs open the mind up to the other dimensions and should be avoided. Shamans use them to connect to demon forces.

Ghosts are people (often spirits having a specific assignment because they did not complete their task on this side of time) in a different dimension that vibrates at a much higher frequency which is why we generally can't see them with the natural eye but they can be captured with flash photography.

Are you questioning reality itself? God? or something else?

People, the real question here is "Is life a computer simulation"

No.

The answer is no.

People, the real question here is "Is life a computer simulation"

No.

The answer is no.

Hmmm, just what a top secret life programmer would say...

Whether life is a computer simulation or not, if you keep asking "who's the one who created the programmers who created virtual life" and so on... you'll end up with the answer : God.

Whether life is a computer simulation or not, if you keep asking "who's the one who created the programmers who created virtual life" and so on... you'll end up with the answer : God.

Unless it's infinite. But of course in infinity an evolved god I'd probably likely aswell.