Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Multi-Culturalism Enriches

itsnotoutthere

''A Muslim is to go on trial in a British legal first, accused of encouraging two boys to flog themselves during an Islamic ceremony held in Manchester.

Syed Mustafa Zaidi, 44, is accused of encouraging the boys, aged 15 and 13, who cannot be named for legal reasons, to beat themselves during a traditional Ashura ceremony at a community centre in Levenshulme, Manchester, on January 19.

The practice is common among Shia Muslims but allowing children to harm themselves is contrary to British law.

Ashura involves practitioners flagellating themselves using a Zanjeer Zani, an implement which has a wooden handle with chains and blades attached.

The Ashura ceremony takes place during the Muharram, the first month of the Islamic calendar, and commemorates the martyrdom of Husayn, the grandson of the Prophet Mohammed and a central figure in the Shia faith.

Zaidi, of Station Road, Eccles, Salford, denies two counts of child cruelty. Doubtless his defence will be that it is his religion.''

post-39751-1219163293_thumb.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InHuman

• Pax Unum

• Bill Hill

• Sag!ttarius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its mad isnt it, but no doubt even though this practice goes against British Law, there will be a "loop hole" on religious grounds or at the very least a trip to the European Human Rights.

multiculturalism, off the top of ya head can anyone think of any good thats come about has a result of multiculturalism being forced on the population, because i cant think of one single thing, :unsure2:

This is outrageous!

It's outrageous, we are suppose to be a modern western democracy.

This is the UK... he should be allowed to practice whatever religious practices he likes.

We're talking about 'social cohesion' and enrichment people.

Multiculturalism is about recognizing, celebrating and maintaining the different cultures or cultural identities within our society to promote social cohesion.

And it's great. No really. It's really really great. I love it.

im sure if i tried that with my neighbours 2 small children. steps would be taken.

It's weird how all of this (immigrants, multi-culturalism) works so well in other places but gets people so emotional in the U.K.... mabey its the air over there..

It's weird how all of this (immigrants, multi-culturalism) works so well in other places but gets people so emotional in the U.K.... mabey its the air over there..

Where does it work? Noone lets in immigrants like we do, so I fail to see an example of immigration that would be comparable. When Cananda and the US have immigrants, they get to choose who gets in the country and who doesn't. We don't mostly. And what with the country being like, 3 square feet big, it's pretty noticable.

'According to official UK government estimates, approximately 1,500 migrants arrived to live in the UK every day during 2005. The same figures suggest that 185,000 more people immigrated into the UK than emigrated to another country, yielding a net population gain of 500 per day.'

What makes you think it works so well?

We don't have all this whining by the people, or the pandering by the goverment (who wants their vote, and will do ANTHING to appease them)... we get along pretty well, our laws are enforced for the most part no matter who it is, and the immigrants bring industry, wealth and knowledge with them... but I guess thats because of the point you made, you guys let just about anyone in (guilt?) and your goverment is so keen on staying in power that they will do anything to have the immigrants vote for them..

The air's fine, unless your standing to close to a liberal, must be all those organic beans.

The air's fine, unless your standing to close to a liberal, must be all those organic beans.

Are you lashing out because you can't afford real beans?

See, I can make unfunny remarks too.. =)

Are you lashing out because you can't afford real beans?

See, I can make unfunny remarks too.. =)

*claps*

What with that and your first post, that's two now. Well done.

Edited by Whojamaflip

Even though am dead set against multiculturalism on the grounds that i've seen no evidence to suggest it actually benefits the local community or the country has a whole,

but i do think it could have worked but a mistake was made way back in the 1960's. when the minister responsible for the birth of Multiculturalism passed laws and actively encouraged immigrants not to integrate with society, and the common law (if thats the right word) which we should all abided by has been chopped and changed to suit ethnic groups on religious grounds, so instantly creating one law for "them" and another for "us".....

and it all started with a Sikh bus conductor, who was told he couldn't wear his turban because it goes against the bus companies uniform policy, the Sikh geezer instead of accepting this, then threatened to set himself on fire and the bus company management **** themselves, and bowed to the pressure and let him wear the turban, not long after a law was past to protect the wearing of the turban, (everyone knows the one of Sikh's being exempt from wearing a safety helmet,) and since then things has snow balled and we have **** loads of exemptions which now encompasses all religions

Edited by stevewinn

Where does it work? Noone lets in immigrants like we do, so I fail to see an example of immigration that would be comparable. When Cananda and the US have immigrants, they get to choose who gets in the country and who doesn't. We don't mostly. And what with the country being like, 3 square feet big, it's pretty noticable.

'According to official UK government estimates, approximately 1,500 migrants arrived to live in the UK every day during 2005. The same figures suggest that 185,000 more people immigrated into the UK than emigrated to another country, yielding a net population gain of 500 per day.'

Not sure about immigration but Singapore, I would say, is more diverse than the UK and no problems there that I've heard of (InHuman was referring to multi-culturalism too). Now as for pure immigration, I don't think it makes much sense to take in too many people in a very short period of time.

Not sure about immigration but Singapore, I would say, is more diverse than the UK and no problems there that I've heard of (InHuman was referring to multi-culturalism too). Now as for pure immigration, I don't think it makes much sense to take in too many people in a very short period of time.

There's the problem. Immigration is not so much the problem as integration. People move here & bring along customs & practices that are alien & unwelcome to our way of life, & it is us who are supposed to adapt. it'a **** about face.

My culture is just fine the way it is.

I don't need or want it enriched through multi-culturalism.

At least you can take comfort in the fact that one day the benefits of Sharia law will be extended to all Britons, no matter what ethnic background!

At least you can take comfort in the fact that one day the benefits of Sharia law will be extended to all Britons, no matter what ethnic background!

LOL. No chance. There's an unspoken time bomb ticking in England, it would be a short lived venture if it was ever tried. Good luck with Scotland too, they make us english look placid, i've seen their anger first hand :D ....as for the Irish, nuff said :D

and it all started with a Sikh bus conductor, who was told he couldn't wear his turban because it goes against the bus companies uniform policy, the Sikh geezer instead of accepting this, then threatened to set himself on fire and the bus company management **** themselves, and bowed to the pressure and let him wear the turban, not long after a law was past to protect the wearing of the turban, (everyone knows the one of Sikh's being exempt from wearing a safety helmet,) and since then things has snow balled and we have **** loads of exemptions which now encompasses all religions

Everything (except for his reaction, which is common of all old people) seems completley reasonable. Now if you went on and started making exceptions for things completley over the top (this case with the kids) then I see where the problems comes from... people take it waay too far. A turban is one thing, having kids flail themselves (they are too young to make the choice themselves) is another..

Ain't working so well here in Canada either, in case you haven't noticed all the immigrant street gangs across the country (thank cripse for such a big territory. that'll be the end of the road when they reach Yukon or NWT...). Even worst in the US or France, but Motherland Britain's got some serious immigration problems. I would certainly favor a more "iron fist" approach to the Western countries immigration policies (and a less invasive presence in foreign policy...).

Edited by Sag!ttarius

:lol: this will completly confuse the liberals, im just wondering how many liberals it will take to figure this one out :mellow:

I think interfering with a persons religious beliefs is disgusting, Muslims should be allowed to flagellate themselves or each other, actually it should be encouraged, thinking about it i will offer my services and will flagellate Muslims free of charge.

Edited by hetrodoxly

It's all so... what's the word...all very Mu... muu muslamic. Is that a word?

Muslamic? :unsure2:

Why sure, even the British Doggies lives are improved, why just look, they get to wear Paw booties every time they inter into a suspected Muslim criminal’s Home…

Pavot

Majority of british people don't have a problem with diversity. Just sheer numbers.

It's just a free for all over here thanks to the EU.