Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Disappearing Bees

suziwong

Our bees are disappearing! - If you think that this sounds like a plotline from Doctor Who, then you would be right – but this is not science fiction, and it affects every single one of us!

I have summarised some of the main points into a blog - would love to have your views

Disappearing Bees - Full Article

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malakthrin

• crystal sage

• questionmark

• suziwong

Top Posters In This Topic

Our bees are disappearing! - If you think that this sounds like a plotline from Doctor Who, then you would be right – but this is not science fiction, and it affects every single one of us!

I have summarised some of the main points into a blog - would love to have your views

Disappearing Bees - Full Article

As beekeeper I can tell you that "disappearing bees" may happen in some places, but it is not a general phenomenon. Mine are doing fine and worked a lot this year.

As beekeeper I can tell you that "disappearing bees" may happen in some places, but it is not a general phenomenon. Mine are doing fine and worked a lot this year.

Agreed (although I am not a beekeeper). I've seen hundreds of bees this summer (hundreds on one plant, mind you), this suggests to me that bees are doing fine and dandy around here. Unless, of course, it is in my house. :P

I don't think there is a cause for concern over the colony collapse disorder in some places, likely a temporary thing.

Nice article though, congrats.

Agreed (although I am not a beekeeper). I've seen hundreds of bees this summer (hundreds on one plant, mind you), this suggests to me that bees are doing fine and dandy around here. Unless, of course, it is in my house. :P

I don't think there is a cause for concern over the colony collapse disorder in some places, likely a temporary thing.

Nice article though, congrats.

You probably don't have any GMO crops... it seems that the bees don't like them... especially those with insecticides.. genes spliced in them....

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/...,473166,00.html

" the fact that genetically modified, insect-resistant plants are now used in 40 percent of cornfields in the United States could be playing a role. The figure is much lower in Germany -- only 0.06 percent -- and most of that occurs in the eastern states of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania and Brandenburg. Haefeker recently sent a researcher at the CCD Working Group some data from a bee study that he has long felt shows a possible connection between genetic engineering and diseases in bees.