Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Is Snowden An American Hero?

domestic spying snowden nsa

  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Snowden A hero! (22 member(s) have cast votes)

So you think Snowden is an American Hero?

  1. Yes (14 votes [63.64%])

    Percentage of vote: 63.64%

  2. No (1 votes [4.55%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.55%

  3. undecided (5 votes [22.73%])

    Percentage of vote: 22.73%

  4. Other: please elaborate (2 votes [9.09%])

    Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,831 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

Please feel free to speak out on what you are thinking about this issue with regards to the whistleblower who re-exposed the unconstitutional atrocities by the NSA.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#2    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts
  • Joined:25 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The mists at the edge of your dreams...

  • "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

In this day and age...I guess we should think of it that way.  He took a huge risk for himself and family.

It shouldn't have to be that way.  Doing "the right thing" should not elevate someone to "hero"...however...in the times in which we live...most people don't do anything that doesn't serve themselves and their personal friends and family...so considering that...anyone who makes a personal sacrifice because they see something terrible is happening...I guess is a hero.

I'm waiting for the character assassination to begin....I'm guessing the next thing that we are going to see is a total shredding of credibility so they can reel in any future revelations he may or may not come forward with.  Apparently he is hiding in Hong Kong now.  I guess he thought they couldn't drone him there...but the Seal teams can get him wherever he goes.  They will have to destroy his character before they can take him out or throw him in prison.  To do otherwise would make a martyr of him.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#3    Kowalski

Kowalski

    The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • 4,102 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:* Madgascar *

  • It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

I think he is a hero.

He took great personal risk to do what he did. Also, I just read an article that said there are more revelations to come. Not to mention of the 40 (?) page document he gave the press on PRISM, only 4 pages have been published. Another article, stated that Congressman and senators were just coming out of a meeting about all this, and there were some revelations that left them stunned, and asking LOTS of questions, but they can't reveal any more info. other than that. So it sounds like there is more stuff to come....
Maybe their collecting more information on us than we realize....

Edited by Kowalski, 12 June 2013 - 05:38 PM.


#4    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,955 posts
  • Joined:13 Aug 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Eire

  • Stupid Monkeys.

    Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

Almost everything which is reported is a lie to some degree. The only thing left with real power to shock is the truth.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#5    hacktorp

hacktorp

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Joined:11 Dec 2010

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostKowalski, on 12 June 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

I think he is a hero.

Thank you for voting.  Your opinion has been tallied and recorded for permanent record at the Utah Data Center.

The shirt and slacks ensemble you're wearing today aren't the best match, by the way...yesterday's was much better.

Best regards,

NSA


#6    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,320 posts
  • Joined:23 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:27North 80West

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

No question he is a hero, at least certainly a patriot, and willing to sacrifice his own life for his country.

What this will finally demonstrate is how the american people have lost all control of their government, though I suppose there will be some who see this as government's proper role.


#7    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,955 posts
  • Joined:13 Aug 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Eire

  • Stupid Monkeys.

    Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

Its a failure of the people to hold their government accountable, not a failure of the concept of governance. It would be well to remember this when the small government crowd start baying like a pack of wolves.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#8    Kowalski

Kowalski

    The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • 4,102 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:* Madgascar *

  • It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

View Posthacktorp, on 12 June 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

Thank you for voting.  Your opinion has been tallied and recorded for permanent record at the Utah Data Center.

The shirt and slacks ensemble you're wearing today aren't the best match, by the way...yesterday's was much better.

Best regards,

NSA

Hmm...Maybe I should change into my camo so no one can see me....


#9    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,393 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

He's a hero to the citizens of the US and an enemy to "our" government. That should tell you everything.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#10    hacktorp

hacktorp

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Joined:11 Dec 2010

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostKowalski, on 12 June 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

Hmm...Maybe I should change into my camo so no one can see me....

Fine idea...you'll find them in the bottom drawer, left side.


#11    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts
  • Joined:25 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The mists at the edge of your dreams...

  • "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 12 June 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

Its a failure of the people to hold their government accountable, not a failure of the concept of governance. It would be well to remember this when the small government crowd start baying like a pack of wolves.

Br Cornelius

It's nearly impossible to hold accountable the Gov when so much is done in secret under the label of "national security".  Maybe it is...maybe it isn't...we rarely get the opportunity to make that call for ourselves.  So many people have absolute faith that their "leaders" would never do anything to hurt them...they observe little and question even less.

When all you have is pieces of info...half truths and blatant propaganda...how can you ever hold anyone or anything accountable.  People that were making connections and making these "accusations" a couple of years ago got branded a "tin foil hat wearing loon" and written off as a irrational "conspiracy theorist"...not so funny now is it?

The rabbit hole goes so deep, I don't think most people could grip the reality of things...it would be too unreal to comprehend.

They say these measures are required for national security under a rising threat.  The "evil brown people" want to destroy our freedoms.  So what do we do?...we destroy our own freedom under the guise of protecting it....say what?

Maybe...just maybe...if we hadn't have been mucking around in thigs that was none of our business years ago...we wouldn't be hated so much now.  Maybe...just maybe...the people that wanted to destroy our freedom have actually succeeded and too many people are too stupid to realize it.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#12    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,955 posts
  • Joined:13 Aug 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Eire

  • Stupid Monkeys.

    Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

The history of governments abusing its people is long and well documented. There is little controversy in that.

The problem is what is a rational approach to holding a government to account. The answer is not to do away with government as we then become prey to another set of abusers.

The real issue is how can we now, as citizens, hold our governments to account for the wrongs they do - whilst maintaining a society which still fits the description of been advanced and civilized.

A critical set of events took place in the USA in the 60's with the assassination of JFK and Martin Luther King. They warned us about it in advance but we weren't strong enough to resist the propaganda machine. A coup took place and unfolded over the next 50years and you are living with the consequences. There was nothing inevitable about the hijacking and corruption of your nation - you as citizens were manipulated to believe that was the only way things could be, but you were wrong. Resting back control will be hideously difficult as ignorance of the issues is widespread and they have had 50 years to prepare for the inevitable backlash. Most will not even try to understand and stand up. The chances of failure are probable.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius, 12 June 2013 - 06:22 PM.

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#13    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,393 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

"I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in -- and the West in general -- into an unbearable hell and a choking life."


- Osama Bin Laden

http://archives.cnn....ex.html?share=1

Edited by Sweetpumper, 12 June 2013 - 06:27 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#14    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts
  • Joined:08 Oct 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alberta, Canada

  • if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 12 June 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

A critical set of events took place in the USA in the 60's with the assassination of JFK and Martin Luther King. They warned us about it in advance but we weren't strong enough to resist the propaganda machine. A coup took place and unfolded over the next 50years and you are living with the consequences. There was nothing inevitable about the hijacking and corruption of your nation - you as citizens were manipulated to believe that was the only way things could be, but you were wrong. Resting back control will be hideously difficult as ignorance of the issues is widespread and they have had 50 years to prepare for the inevitable backlash. Most will not even try to understand and stand up. The chances of failure are probable.

Br Cornelius

This, all day long.

Surprisingly I feel torn on the OP's topic. On one hand, I absolutely applaud the great risk Snowden took exposing what he did. On the other hand, this program is nothing new. He's exposing something they told us about years ago (I will have to go back for sources), which makes me wonder "is this more of a security risk than an expose'?" I am dead-set on have free speech and absolutley dedicated to having an uncensored internet but I'm not so naive that I don't know some surveillance is required to keep us safe.

It's a tough one! :no:

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity


#15    Kowalski

Kowalski

    The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • 4,102 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:* Madgascar *

  • It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 12 June 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

The history of governments abusing its people is long and well documented. There is little controversy in that.

The problem is what is a rational approach to holding a government to account. The answer is not to do away with government as we then become prey to another set of abusers.

The real issue is how can we now, as citizens, hold our governments to account for the wrongs they do - whilst maintaining a society which still fits the description of been advanced and civilized.

A critical set of events took place in the USA in the 60's with the assassination of JFK and Martin Luther King. They warned us about it in advance but we weren't strong enough to resist the propaganda machine. A coup took place and unfolded over the next 50years and you are living with the consequences. There was nothing inevitable about the hijacking and corruption of your nation - you as citizens were manipulated to believe that was the only way things could be, but you were wrong. Resting back control will be hideously difficult as ignorance of the issues is widespread and they have had 50 years to prepare for the inevitable backlash. Most will not even try to understand and stand up. The chances of failure are probable.

Br Cornelius

:tu:   I don't support anarchy or abolishing the government, I just want them held accountable for all the c**** they have done, and continue to keep doing. I would prefer, to go back to what our Founding Fathers envisioned and the type of limited government as outlined in our Constitution. We should limit government, not abolish it...





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users