Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Outside the box

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:08 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: Andrew Mason</strong>
Image credit: Andrew Mason
Tammy A. Branom: Recently, I was browsing my movie collection and an old 1963, black and white movie called “The Brain That Wouldn’t Die” drew my attention.  To briefly summarize the movie, it’s rather like a Frankenstein’s monster tale.  Bill, a (brilliant) surgeon is using new “techniques” to save lives.  He also confiscates limbs from the hospital where he works for “research.”  After he wrecks the car he and his fiancée are in, he manages to salvage only her head from the burning auto.  Packing it to his secret “lab” in a cabin, he animates her head.  Then he searches for a body for her.  Of course, there’s a monster in a closet and an assistant who the surgeon has practiced on and the surgeon’s concerned father, but that’s not why I watched this film.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    zooage

zooage

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• Free Tibet

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:39 PM

If one is nothing more than a mass of electrical signals in a lump of goo inside their head, then doesn't that make them who they are? Could these signals then not be construed to be ones soul, or at least the place where their soul resides? Ones soul is all that they are, all that they did in their lives,both good and bad, their loves, suffering, and memories. So freezing it would either be of no use at all because their soul has moved on after death, or it would freeze their soul for them to re-claim at some future time.

Why would anyone do this to their soul? I would think that everyone would hope they move on too something better when they die. How can they take their memories with them to the after life and still have the memories in the frozen mass of Goo? I don't want my head frozen!! And the worms ate into his brain...

Would you exchange, a walk on part in the War, for a lead role in a Cage?

#3    Trog

Trog

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

• Life is too short for disagreements.

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:36 PM

During the French Revolution 1789-1799 when the aristocracy were all losing their heads , they carried out a bizarre experiment on the decapitated head , they held it up and yelled the persons name to see if there was any responses .

Each time the eyes in the severed head moved across to see who was calling their name , of course I have no proof that this happened , it's just what I've read from years ago , and considering that it happened 220 years ago , I would have no idea where to look for conformation .

I have no idea whether or not a dead frozen body could ever be brought back to life , but who knows what medical science will be available in the future ?

The Ark of the Covenant was the sacred chest, overlaid with gold, which occupied the inner sanctum of the temple and symbolised God's covenant with his people.. Covenant= The promises that God made to his people as recorded in the bible. The Ark of the Covenant has never been found .

#4    cluey

cluey

complete paradox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Location:~in your head,lol.....seriously though............."the driest continate on earth".......which is also comparable to a land mass on another planet!!!...........

• BLACK ADDER!!!.."let's get them when and where they are most vulnerable"...*WHACK*....."just my luck to get the one that was hard".... :D

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:27 AM

View PostTrog, on 16 March 2011 - 10:36 PM, said:

During the French Revolution 1789-1799 when the aristocracy were all losing their heads , they carried out a bizarre experiment on the decapitated head , they held it up and yelled the persons name to see if there was any responses .

Each time the eyes in the severed head moved across to see who was calling their name , of course I have no proof that this happened , it's just what I've read from years ago , and considering that it happened 220 years ago , I would have no idea where to look for conformation .

I have no idea whether or not a dead frozen body could ever be brought back to life , but who knows what medical science will be available in the future ?

it is true......well...yes! once decapitated.....a head/eyes can still funtion briefly and move .....don't ask me any crazy questions,lol.......i know this  from research    :w00t:

Edited by cluey, 17 March 2011 - 01:28 AM.

Believes all people have to admit to some level of neurosis!!!
will never let my mother cut my hair again!!!!
The feet you step on today!....might be attached to the legs of the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!!!!
it is hard to sore high with the eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users