Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

A New Muslim Plan

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,432 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

From the article:

The unique importance of the Temple Mount to Judaism and to Islam makes the location vulnerable to tensions and conflicts between Jews and Muslims. Usually, these incidents originate in rumors such as: “The Jews are coming today to bomb the mosques and build their Third Temple.” Obviously, false accusations and baseless suspicions like these turn the site from a holy place of prayer and love into a site of violent political demonstrations. And, consequently, potential escalation of tension brings more restrictions and discomfort to all. Who benefits from this? Surely not the believers.
While the Israeli government ensures limited public access to the Temple Mount regardless of religious beliefs, only Muslims are allowed to pray at the place, which is known to Muslims as Haram al-Sharif. Otherwise, the government has prohibited everyone except Muslims from worshipping there since 1967, due to security concerns. Nevertheless, Muslims, too, are occasionally restricted. The Jordanian Waqf which administers the site has restricted non-Muslims from entering the Dome of the Rock and the Al-Aqsa Mosque since the year 2000. What’s more, non-Muslim religious symbols are not allowed to be worn while entering the site.
Freedom of worship is an essential issue. The Temple Mount, where the First and Second Temples stood, is the holiest place to the people of Israel. However, it is no less holy to both Muslims and Christians. Since this is a location that God has announced to be a “house of prayer for all nations,” it should be a place of festivity for all believers. As all who call on the God of Abraham are brothers, Jews and Christians should be able to offer prayers there in dignity and peace along with Muslims. To cast believers out from such a place, to prevent worship there, is a heinous and, quite frankly, cruel policy, which is an offense not only to men, but to Islam. God Himself condemns anyone who forbids worship:

“And who is more unjust than he who forbids that in places for the worship of God, God’s name should be celebrated?-whose zeal is (in fact) to ruin them? It was not fitting that such should themselves enter them except in fear. For them there is nothing but disgrace in this world, and in the world to come, an exceeding torment.” (Koran 2:214)

read here: http://www.jewishpre...er/2013/03/12/#

#2    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,804 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

You mean doing something that make sense like live together as one nation of many peoples and religions under secular laws and rights.

Think of the boost to the economy with the tourism alone.

Edited by Darkwind, 18 March 2013 - 08:07 PM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#3    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,432 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Yeah.  The wold needs to stop fearing, hating and judging or we're gonna die.

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,975 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostOverSword, on 18 March 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Yeah.  The wold needs to stop fearing, hating and judging or we're gonna die.
PRECISELY....and because it is our nature to be hard headed and stiff necked we will almost have to extinct ourselves as a species before we finally learn this lesson.  Such a waste.  But I fully believe the vision this author has will come true some day.  All peoples worshiping the one true God.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#5    .AKUMA.

.AKUMA.

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

• The True Warrior Enters The Arena with all his powers
    At the Ready.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

ahhh....if only the 3 abrahamic religions could get along, ive studied the bible and the quran and and a little bit of the torah, and ive always left thinking all 3 are the work of the same devine being. Why cant they all see that? The scriptures are like 3 parts of a single grand book......

One World, One Order

The Greatest Accomplishment of the Devil, Was Convincing the world he doesn't Exist.

#6    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Sounds lovely but it's wishful thinking. Anyways, if they ever did rebuild the Temple of Solomon, it would mean the return of animal sacrifice. That's a non-starter for me.

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,975 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

The book of Revelation mentions the animal sacrifice and the fact that it gets interrupted - I guess others will feel the same.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#8    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,508 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Have faith, pilgrims!

"A Scottish church has become the first in the UK to share its premises with Muslim worshippers.
St John’s Episcopal Church in Aberdeen now welcomes hundreds of Muslims praying five times a day in their building as the nearby mosque was so small that they were forced to worship outside.
The minister of St John's, Rev Isaac Poobalan, has handed over part of the church hall to Chief Imam Ahmed Megharbi and the imam has led prayers in the main chapel.
Rev Poobalan said today that he would not be true to his faith if he did not offer to help."
http://www.dailymail...sque-small.html

:)

#9    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,903 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

View Post.AKUMA., on 19 March 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

ahhh....if only the 3 abrahamic religions could get along, ive studied the bible and the quran and and a little bit of the torah, and ive always left thinking all 3 are the work of the same devine being. Why cant they all see that? The scriptures are like 3 parts of a single grand book......

Because apples are better than oranges and everyone hates grapes.

#10    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

View Post.AKUMA., on 19 March 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

I figure that the big 3 evolved from the same root,and at some point split into the 3.If only they could get along,pesky artistic differences.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#11    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,405 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

It is known as sectarianism.  The divisions within the Abrahamic religions -- Sunni vs. Shia, Orthodox vs. Reformed, Catholic vs. Orthodox vs. Protestant -- tell us there is inherent in the tradition a tendency to this sort of division and internal hate.

I think at root it comes from the Commandment to avoid idolatry -- that Jehovah is a jealous god who tolerates no differnces of opinion.

#12    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,508 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 20 March 2013 - 05:54 AM, said:

It is known as sectarianism.  The divisions within the Abrahamic religions -- Sunni vs. Shia, Orthodox vs. Reformed, Catholic vs. Orthodox vs. Protestant -- tell us there is inherent in the tradition a tendency to this sort of division and internal hate.

I think at root it comes from the Commandment to avoid idolatry -- that Jehovah is a jealous god who tolerates no differnces of opinion.

I think at the root it comes from tribalism and our love of feeling superior.

#13    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,656 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Jews, Christains and the Muslims all believe in the same god of Abraham , however isn`nt  the fight over which Son Issac or Ishamel was almost scarifice there and God promise their desendants the land? I ve read in the Muslims books they believe it was Ishamel that Abraham was to scarifice and not Issac.Is that what the conflict there is all about ?

#14    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 20 March 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

Jews, Christains and the Muslims all believe in the same god of Abraham , however isn`nt  the fight over which Son Issac or Ishamel was almost scarifice there and God promise their desendants the land? I ve read in the Muslims books they believe it was Ishamel that Abraham was to scarifice and not Issac.Is that what the conflict there is all about ?

I believe Abraham sent away his Concubine Hagar and her son Ishmael,when another Concubine called Sarah reported to Abraham that Ishmael was making idols.Also, apparently he tried to kill Jacob.

http://www.realbible...l/ishmael-1.php

This is allegedly where all Conflict is supposed to start.Although the site may be a bit dodgy.

Those pesky females. :w00t:

Edited by shaddow134, 20 March 2013 - 02:40 PM.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#15    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,656 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 20 March 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

I believe Abraham sent away his Concubine Hagar and her son Ishmael,when another Concubine called Sarah reported to Abraham that Ishmael was making idols.Also, apparently he tried to kill Jacob.

http://www.realbible...l/ishmael-1.php

This is allegedly where all Conflict is supposed to start.Although the site may be a bit dodgy.

Those pesky females. :w00t:

Not sure of that version, I try and go by what the Bible says, but what I mean by the desendants were`nt  the Jewish people  and Christ  the desendants  of Issac,where as the Mohammed and his followers are the desendants of Ishamel. I`m not aganist any religion or belief,  just want to learn the history of why there was such a conflict.

Edited by docyabut2, 20 March 2013 - 03:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users