Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama to General Wesley Clark

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:16 AM

Blondigeist on Sep 7 2008, 10:13 PM, said:

Wasn't General Clark the one who said recently words to the effect of McCain getting shot down and held as a POW for 5 years didn't qualify him as a militarily savvy person like everyone has been going on about? I think that would be why Obama wanted to distance himself from Wesley Clark.  Even tho I would suspect Obama and Co. agree...as do I.

Did he, this is the first time I've read this

#17    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:11 PM

Caesar on Sep 7 2008, 08:16 PM, said:

He said that McCain hasn't held executive responsibility, which is technically false, although if you put it in terms of political experience it is true - and certainly by Clark's (who was a general) standard, it didn't amount to much.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."   D.H. Lawrence

#18    Vampwitchenstein

Vampwitchenstein

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:51 PM

Caesar on Sep 7 2008, 08:16 PM, said:

Found the articles 4 you, & video...

Published: June 29, 2008
WASHINGTON: With Senator Barack Obama planning to visit the Middle East and Europe in an apparent effort to burnish his foreign policy credentials, the credentials of his likely presidential rival, Senator John McCain, came under sharp attack Sunday from a man considered a possible Democratic vice presidential candidate.
The retired general Wesley Clark said McCain had not "held executive responsibility" and had not commanded troops in wartime.
McCain's experience in Vietnam, where he was a prisoner of war for five years, has seemed at times almost to grant him invulnerability to criticism of his security background. But on Sunday he was assailed by a fellow military man, a highly decorated one who was once the NATO supreme  commander.
McCain frequently points out that he led "the largest squadron in the U.S. Navy," but Clark said on CBS television that that was not enough to support a claim to the presidency.
"He hasn't been there and ordered the bombs to fall" as a wartime commander, the general said on CBS. Clark is mentioned as a possible Obama running mate, although he originally supported Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton.
When the interviewer, Bob Schieffer, noted to Clark that McCain had been shot down over Hanoi, Clark replied, "I don't think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be president."
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/29/america/campaign.php

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/29/clark.mccain/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/11/g...s_n_106457.html
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/29/we...-records-value/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5bYzL2y7xQ

FACEBOOK!
Posted Image
"I can only conclude it's something mental." ~Dr. Jack Seward/Bram Stokers Dracula

#19    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:06 AM

Guardsman Bass on Sep 8 2008, 01:11 PM, said:

He said that McCain hasn't held executive responsibility, which is technically false, although if you put it in terms of political experience it is true - and certainly by Clark's (who was a general) standard, it didn't amount to much.

No in my opinion he never did, Palin is the only who has executive responsibility out of the four of them.

#20    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:10 AM

Caesar on Sep 8 2008, 10:06 PM, said:

No in my opinion he never did, Palin is the only who has executive responsibility out of the four of them.

But he hold military officer rank and thus was accountable for leadership and actions.

Maybe not executive but certainly management.

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users