Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prophecy of St. Malachy

ambelamba

You can't destroy Rome without p***ing off NATO, period.

And there's not a single nation in this world that is willing to invade the Italian border and march into the Vatican to destroy it. Even more, There are 1.1 billion Catholics on this planet. How in the hell anyone can actively persecute them without facing massive resistance? A long time ago, I mentioned that Catholics won't easily abandon their faith just because the Vatican is destroyed.

If some one hell of a coincidence happens and someone or some entity is out to destroy Catholic church, it simply cannot be done by human hands. No nation in this world is capable of actively suppressing a global religion.

I agree that the church cannot be destroyed by human hands. The city of Rome could be if a war touches it. And I think the St Malachy thing is as reliable as the 2012 nonsense was.

• Like 1

I caught wind of the Pope Prophecy only somewhat recently. I do think it would be interesting if the next Pope was a Peter.

And not knowing a heck of a lot about the subject.. I've also seen Jerusalem suggested as the city of seven hills to be destroyed.

• Like 1

Ahh... but this Peter will be the devil in disguise. *does best Elvis lip*

Not human! (probably)

• Like 2

You can't destroy Rome without p***ing off NATO, period.

And there's not a single nation in this world that is willing to invade the Italian border and march into the Vatican to destroy it. Even more, There are 1.1 billion Catholics on this planet. How in the hell anyone can actively persecute them without facing massive resistance? A long time ago, I mentioned that Catholics won't easily abandon their faith just because the Vatican is destroyed.

If some one hell of a coincidence happens and someone or some entity is out to destroy Catholic church, it simply cannot be done by human hands. No nation in this world is capable of actively suppressing a global religion.

You're assuming they mean the city of Rome. In prophecy rome wuould be the Roman empire or in other words the EU. Also the destruction does not have to be of a physical nature in my opinion, in the context of it being the Roman empire, or EU, it could be the financial destruction, and lets face it we're half way there now.
  • Like 2

Maybe we can't destroy the catholic church but it could destroy itself.

Maybe we can't destroy the catholic church but it could destroy itself.

When hundreds of millions of Catholics are proud of their religious heritage, it's impossible for the church to be completely implode. It will survive in a certain form.

The prophecy mentions some form of global persecution, which is practically impossible for many reasons: too many Catholics, global politics, the sheer amount of logistics for persecution and etc.

I caught wind of the Pope Prophecy only somewhat recently. I do think it would be interesting if the next Pope was a Peter.

And not knowing a heck of a lot about the subject.. I've also seen Jerusalem suggested as the city of seven hills to be destroyed.

I dunno. Revelation 17 gives some insight on how the city of seven hills would be destroyed. A loose union of nations would form an entirely new nation. Those nations would hate the city and burn her with fire. Seeing that it was named the city on seven mountains, I'm more inclined to believe it is talking about Rome.

Rome is most similar to Babylon. Babylon, if you remember, destroyed Jerusalem. So did Rome. It makes snese to me.

• Like 1

I have heard of a recent prophecy of the destruction of the Vatican City, and I

think Rome. Is it not likely to be a nuclear device or a chemical or biological attack smuggled into

the area by the murderers?

Surely the Catholic church will continue throughout the world in a more decentralized

manner.

May God give mercy and protection to all Christian believers through this difficult time.

• Like 2

Just keeping my eyes on the north koreans ...... you never know!

Blue, I don't think one world government will happen within the reign of the next pope. My bet is...an invasion.

Well, I didn't exactly say a one world government. Even when the Spanish Empire reache its zenith to be the empire on which the sun never sets, the Ottoman Empire flourished in the Middle East and Asia Minor.

Ahh... but this Peter will be the devil in disguise. *does best Elvis lip*

Not human! (probably)

Hey, leave Elvis out of this.:)

• Like 1

Hey, leave Elvis out of this. :)

Elvis all shook up = Evils.

Hmm? (lol)

Edited by Eldorado

It is interesting that St. Malachy was able to accurately detail so many of the popes.

I agree its likely just nonsense but doesn't anyone else find it interesting that virtually every end of the world prediction is falling into place right around now?

In extreme persecution, the seat of the Holy Roman Church will be occupied by Peter the Roman, who will feed the sheep through many tribulations, at the term of which the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the formidable Judge will judge his people. The End

I like the way he left no possibility of a saving grace with the final two words.

Even if the Devil did come to earth as the next Pope he would just have to jockey for position with all the other evil people alive today.

Heck, he may go back to hell just to get away from the evil.

• Like 1

You're assuming they mean the city of Rome. In prophecy rome wuould be the Roman empire or in other words the EU. Also the destruction does not have to be of a physical nature in my opinion, in the context of it being the Roman empire, or EU, it could be the financial destruction, and lets face it we're half way there now.

The prophecy doesn't mention Rome by name. It says "the city of seven hills" would be destroyed.

Now, of course that is referring to Rome. But it's a very odd metaphor to use for the EU. It specifically refers to the physical city itself.

If 'Rome' were used then you might reasonably think it is referring to the Catholic Church as Rome being the center of power of the Church is sometimes used as a metaphor for the Church itself.

But 'Rome' as a metaphor or reference to the EU doesn't make much sense. The EU isn't headquartered in Rome. Unless it's a cryptic reference to the Treat of Rome.

Anyway, I think it's a stretch to think that "the city of seven hills" means the European Union and that it is, like most prophecy interpretation, trying to shoehorn in what you believe into what is not a very clearly worded passage.

A plain prophecy as read refers to the city of Rome (the city of seven hills). These attempts to make it mean something else just read like ad hoc interpretations based upon what you already think it might mean.

And now this: http://youtu.be/1uQAAX0CyGI

One year ago, author Cris Putnam boldly predicted Pope Benedict XVI would resign. That prediction has come true and now Cris says the next Pope will be the final Pope who is instrumental in ushering in the reign of the antichrist.

Pope Benedict XVI's resignation is nearly unprecedented. The last pope to resign was Pope Gregory XII in 1415 during the great western schism. What makes it even more interest is that author's Cris Putnam and Thomas Horn predicted it in 2012 in their bestselling book, "Petrus Romanus the Final Pope is Here."

They not only discussed a likely retirement, they documented how a Jesuit professor, writing in 1950, predicted it would occur near the year 2012. There were reports Pope Benedict informally announced his impending retirement in 2012 after he returned from South America but formalized it on February 11, 2013.

This prediction was based on a 900 year old Catholic prophecy which foresaw 112 popes spanning from 1139 AD until the Great Tribulation from the biblical book of Revelation. This "Prophecy of the Popes" (see Wikipedia on this title for more) has astounded scholars with its uncanny accuracy. Pope Benedict XVI was number 111 and, if the prophecy continues to remain accurate, that means the final pope is here! ...The Pope who will be used to usher in the reign of the antichrist from Revelation 13.

Malachy's prophecy never states the last pope will be named Petrus Romanus. The prophecy states that when Petrus Romanus will reign, Rome will be destroyed and the christianity ends.

After March 1, Ratzinger will not be Pope any longer. The church will be under the reign of Camerlengo, that it a special Cardinal that reigns between popes.

Now, the actual Cardinal Camerlengo is called Pietro Tarcisio Bertone and he's born in the town of Romano Canavese.

Simply said, Ratzinger was the last pope. Petrus Romanus will start reigning March 1.

Edited by Amalthe
  • Like 1

Lets make it clear Catholic rules are that the next Pope election can't start without a pause of 15 days at least by conclave, oops that makes it 15th March at least, Ides of March????

This Pope will resign on 28th Febuary 2013, Julius Caesar didn't like 15th March, we know why!

The English moan about buses, they say they all come at once, it is like that with astronomy, some months have a lot of alignments to Sirius and Alnilam, other months at location of Rome, you don't get any.....there are a few dates from 15th March 2013 to end of month that will align to election of a new Pope in Rome....we will wait and see, Ha Ha!

Edited by monk 56

Malachy's prophecy never states the last pope will be named Petrus Romanus. The prophecy states that when Petrus Romanus will reign, Rome will be destroyed and the christianity ends.

After March 1, Ratzinger will not be Pope any longer. The church will be under the reign of Camerlengo, that it a special Cardinal that reigns between popes.

Now, the actual Cardinal Camerlengo is called Pietro Tarcisio Bertone and he's born in the town of Romano Canavese.

Simply said, Ratzinger was the last pope. Petrus Romanus will start reigning March 1.

Ooooh, that is a fascinating development, in terms of post 2012 end of world predictions - we have here a new front runner. :P;)

• Like 1

Bit odd to have a thread about a prophecy and not even a small description of what the prophecy actually says. Link, anyone?

*goes off muttering about not having my glasses and probably missing the prophecy*