Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

thinking about buying a ouiji board

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

i see a lot of people post about experiences with ouiji boards. ive always seemed to be on te fence about whether or not i believe in ghosts.
i really need to see it wity my own eyes or i dont know if i will ever truely believe.

i was thinking of buying a ouiji board anx trying to contact any demon or spirit that i can talk to just so i can see it with my own eyes. i do not scare easily and im not easily fooled.

the thing is i wouls not use board with anyone else because i dont want to look stupid, so is it possible to use a ouiji board i  ur own?

is there an easier way tocontact a demon or spirit?

i really need to see this for myself. any advice would be helpful. no im not scared of being attacked by a demon.

#2    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,967 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Maybe it is just me, but talking to myself isn't that entertaining.

#3    NocturnalWatcher

NocturnalWatcher

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

thanks for the response, i learned a lot

#4    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

don't waste your money or your time.
there are a lot of ghostly tales attached the the use of the boards, which is the reason it's still for sale by hasbrow or whomever makes it now.
if you want to summon anything,  i seriously doubt you need a slab of particle board with the alphabet on it to do so.
if they're out there they don't need a human prop to manifest.

Edited by JGirl, 25 October 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,312 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

I've always heard using one by yourself isn't the thing to be doing.  A friend and me used one several years ago and nothing happened.

I've seen a ghost and that wasn't scary at all but it wasn't a demon or evil spirit.

#6    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostNocturnalWatcher, on 25 October 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

i see a lot of people post about experiences with ouiji boards. ive always seemed to be on te fence about whether or not i believe in ghosts.
i really need to see it wity my own eyes or i dont know if i will ever truely believe.

i was thinking of buying a ouiji board anx trying to contact any demon or spirit that i can talk to just so i can see it with my own eyes. i do not scare easily and im not easily fooled.

the thing is i wouls not use board with anyone else because i dont want to look stupid, so is it possible to use a ouiji board i  ur own?

i really need to see this for myself. any advice would be helpful. no im not scared of being attacked by a demon.

You are playing with fire.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#7    Wilmeister

Wilmeister

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

• "Does man really know what's at the bottom of any ocean, What's deep in the amazon, or What's really out in space?"

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 25 October 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

You are playing with fire.

View PostNocturnalWatcher, on 25 October 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

I agree, don't do it. I've seen ghosts and demons, I don't scare easily either.

Edited by Wilmeister, 25 October 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#8    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

IMO, Trivial Pursuit is much more fun and you learn something!

#9    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

I played with one as a child .Alone and with friends .it moves . The pendulum was what messed with me quite frankly .It phonetically used to spell out obnoxious replies ,that I certainly didn't think up . You invite it in . It can be benign,or make you a big mess .

Miss me?

#10    Ceres

Ceres

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

You can make your own instead of buying one. My friends and I always used to make ours.

I've never been able to get one to work by myself, personally. It's best to do it with another person.

"When in doubt, know your way out."

#11    mfrmboy

mfrmboy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

• Beam Moo Up!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

Years ago I had a board and we used it many times to contact the other side.  It is best if used by two people. We would place the board on a table between us or facing each other with the board on our laps.  A third person would ask the questions and the answers would come through the board. There have been many times that questions were asked that there was no way we could have known the answers.
One example is my aunt had a friend ( Ella ) an older lady in her 80's who had died several years before this session . Her husband had died many years before her.  My aunt was asking the questions and we contacted her friend Ella. After a few questions my aunt asked her  husbands name. I had heard her speak of him before his name was Pete. The name Rufus came up on the board. My Aunt like to have fell out of her chair.  Come to find out his first name was Rufus and his middle name was Peter he hated the name Rufus so he went by Pete.
There were other interesting things that happened concerning the board.
Be patient when using it... it will move slowly at first and then speed up as you progress.
Best way I found to do it is sit facing each other, place your finger tips on the Plachet lightly and take a few deep breaths, clear your mind. Let a third person ask the questions or if you do it yourself concentrate on the question.
Don't ask stupid question and leave demons out of it.......

I bought a beautiful board on line a few years ago. Shop around.  The one I got is hand made with a burnished finish, it has symbols and an incantation on the back to ward off evil.

Good Luck !

Edited by mfrmboy, 26 October 2012 - 02:17 PM.

One man's TOOL is another man's TOY ! :tu:

#12    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,379 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 25 October 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

It can be benign,or make you a big mess .

Well, that certainly explains you, Simbi. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Nah, I love you. :wub:

#13    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:26 AM

View Postpallidin, on 26 October 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

Well, that certainly explains you, Simbi. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Nah, I love you. :wub:

Oh....my feelings are hurt. I'm a wounded bird .....*shuffles off with broken wing*

Miss me?

#14    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• Learn, wonder, smile...

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

I had an experience as a child whilst playing Guess Who, so I'd say you don't really need to be spending money on something new.  I'm not into this sort of thing though so take my opinion as you will.

I'm sure a homemade one will work just as well as a 'branded' one. :yes:

#15    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Why even bother? Nothing will happen anyway ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users