Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Contradictions in the bible

• Please log in to reply
591 replies to this topic

#31    Viviana98

Viviana98

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.
JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

PRO 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
ECC 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
1CO 1:19: "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.
DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

See Source

Edited by Paranoid Android, 21 December 2012 - 11:11 PM.
Added source link

#32    Viviana98

Viviana98

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

Here is the order in the first (Genesis 1), the Priestly tradition:
Day 1: Sky, Earth, light
Day 2: Water, both in ocean basins and above the sky(!)
Day 3: Plants
Day 4: Sun, Moon, stars (as calendrical and navigational aids)
Day 5: Sea monsters (whales), fish, birds, land animals, creepy-crawlies (reptiles, insects, etc.)
Day 6: Humans (apparently both sexes at the same time)
Day 7: Nothing (the Gods took the first day off anyone ever did)

Note that there are "days," "evenings," and "mornings" before the Sun was created. Here, the Deity is referred to as "Elohim," which is a plural, thus the literal translation, "the Gods." In this tale, the Gods seem satisfied with what they have done, saying after each step that "it was good."
The second one (Genesis 2), the Yahwist tradition, goes:

Earth and heavens (misty)
Adam, the first man (on a desolate Earth)
Plants
Animals
Eve, the first woman (from Adam's rib)

See Source for further reading

Edited by Paranoid Android, 21 December 2012 - 11:12 PM.
Added source link

#33    Viviana98

Viviana98

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

I love this topic! Good job for starting this Bling! Love your avi too btw girl!

#34    Dr. D

Dr. D

Alien Abducter

• 5,275 posts

• I love being me even though sometimes I'm still a stranger.

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:25 AM

Christianity has branded every Sacred Book other than the Roman Catholic Bible as being false and fraudulent in its practice.  Jews, however, make the same claim of falsity and fraud against Christianity and base it on their own ancient, sacred Scriptures.  They further assert that it is a complete blasphemy for Christianity to claim that it shares the Judaic God and charge that the Bible is false and forged.

Hebrews were not alone in their opinion.  Emperor Flavius Claudius Julianus wrote in his Against the Galileans,"It is, I think, expedient to set forth to all mankind the reasons by which I was convinced that the fabrication of the Christians is a fiction of men composed by wickedness. Though it has in it nothing divine, by making full use of that part of the soul which loves fable and is childish and foolish, it has induced men to believe that the monstrous tale is truth."

In more recent times, Robert Taylor tells us in Diegesis, ““Whether a Church which stands convicted of having forged its Creed, would have any scruple of forging its Gospels, is a problem that the reader will solve according to the influence of prejudice or probability on his mind.”

St. Paul seemingly confessed to as much with “Being crafty, I caught you with guile” ... For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my LIE unto his glory; why yet am I also adjudged a sinner?”

Examinations of the texts, especially the New Testament, reveal an astounding number of insertions, editing, alterations and outright forgeries.

#35    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

i once argued a similiar thing regarding god character in matter of the holy trinity
such concept " as the trinity " could be the result of these contrictions
there is much to be learned here in this topic .. i'll keep an eye on it thanks :yes:

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#36    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

View PostViviana98, on 13 October 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.
DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

This should go with that^ also:

http://bible.cc/exodus/34-7.htm

maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation."

Exodus 34:7 is a contradiction within itself.

Edited by HavocWing, 13 October 2012 - 04:12 AM.

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#37    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

View PostHavocWing, on 13 October 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

This should go with that^ also:

http://bible.cc/exodus/34-7.htm

maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation."

Exodus 34:7 is a contradiction within itself.

And it contradicts that several more times. Depending on where you're reading, sins are passed down unto either the third, fourth, seventh, or fourteenth generation; or, if you look at the New Testament of course, sins aren't passed down at all.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#38    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

You really have to wonder how much crack god smoked.

Edited by HavocWing, 13 October 2012 - 04:21 AM.

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#39    John Rayne

John Rayne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• Joseph Campbell - “Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved”

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

View Postand then, on 12 October 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

Bling I for one don't get too concerned about such things. This text is in some cases 3000 years old and while the majority of it has been very carefully transcribed I'm sure that errors could have been made - humans and all...
But I use as my pattern my grand father. He was a good man. Honest and fair dealing with all. Avid church goer at a time and in a place (very rural south Alabama) that church going was not a convenient thing - it took great effort, walking long distances, etc. Anyway, my point is that he put in the effort and was uneducated to the point that he couldn't even begin to be the scholar that many here at UM are.... but he had a very strong faith and centered his life on the words of Jesus. I believe the Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit of God. I try ( and fail a lot) to live my life from it's precepts. When the end comes for me and I discover the answer to the mystery for myself then all I will leave behind is the memory of how I treated others and whatever inspiration my faith gave them. That book and my grandfather's belief in it and his actions toward it make me a better person than I otherwise would be. No saint for certain, but better than I would be without it. So my point is why is it necessary to demean and call it into question when so many other things in this life are already so destructive? It's almost like trying to blow out the last few candles in a rapidly darkening cave with pits everywhere one could fall into.

My only comment since and then took the words from my mouth would be that God had angels and was unhappy because they were created to love and worship him.  He made man to have a choice and open thought and faith.  If he wanted perfection he would have stuck with his perfect angels.  But, as and the said, I am no saint or pusher of the faith, to each his own.  The hope and faith that something comes after death keeps me going.  But I will add this, in all my flaws I do question some things out of curiosity, not trying to disprove.

(Inserted and then's quote)

Edited by John Rayne, 13 October 2012 - 04:29 AM.

#40    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

The whole Deuteronomy 24:16 and Romans 2:6(God "will give to each person according to what he has done.")also contradicts the whole Jesus dying for our sins thing.

Half tempted to go in to the whole Jesus Christ is the anti-Christ spiel.

Just remember folks Forgive your enemies but when your children misbehave stone them oh and that only God can judge.

Edited by Jinxdom, 13 October 2012 - 06:26 AM.

#41    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

Ahhh, lovely topic .. Thanks for posting ..

I find this one particulary funny:

Shall we call people names?

Matthew 5:22 "Whosoever shall say Thou fool, shall be in danger of hellfire." (Jesus speaking)

And then..

Matthew 23:17 "Ye fools and blind." (Jesus speaking)

See Source for further reading

Edited by Paranoid Android, 21 December 2012 - 11:14 PM.
Added possible source reference

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#42    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,592 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

We dont have anyone here with biblical knowledge anymore? What happened to PA? There were a few others as well. I cant believe no one has come to the defense of the bible. Anyhow, I used to study up on all the so called contradictions. I have yet to see one where it holds water. Things are taken outta context, there have also been ligit translation difficulties, ect ect. Id go into it, but no one comes to a thread like this to learn anything. But just know this, there isnt a single so called contradiction that hasnt been throughly debunked.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#43    fullywired

fullywired

Government Agent

• 4,026 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 13 October 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

.. But just know this, there isnt a single so called contradiction that hasnt been throughly debunked.

By whom?

fullywired

Posted Image  

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-------Buddha (563 - 483 BC)

#44    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,592 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

View PostJinxdom, on 13 October 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

The whole Deuteronomy 24:16 and Romans 2:6(God "will give to each person according to what he has done.")also contradicts the whole Jesus dying for our sins thing.

Here is a perfect example of a so called contradiction that even just basic knowledge of christianity debunks. Jesus died for our sins in order to be able to bring us the free gift of salvation. Giving to each man according to what he has done isnt about salvation. Its about giving reward for the good works you have done. You might have no reward coming to you, but that doesnt mean you are not saved.

#45    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,592 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

View Postfullywired, on 13 October 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

By whom?

fullywired

There are lots of sources.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users