Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Outrage as BBC presenter Jeremy Clarkson

chemical-licker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...tish-idiot.html

Outrage as BBC presenter Jeremy Clarkson brands the Prime Minister a 'one-eyed Scottish idiot'

Top Gear star Jeremy Clarkson is under fire after branding Gordon Brown a 'one-eyed Scottish idiot'.

The BBC presenter also accused the Prime Minster of lying, in the comments reportedly made in Australia where he is hosting Top Gear Live, a stage version of the hit TV show, with fellow presenter Richard Hammond.

Mr Brown lost his sight in one eye after an accident playing rugby as a teenager.

Clarkson also tore into Australian prime minister Kevin Rudd. Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond pose for photographs in front of the Sydney Harbour Bridge

According to The Australian newspaper, he said: 'It's the first time I've ever seen a world leader admit we really are in deep s***.

'He genuinely looked terrified. The poor man, he's actually seen the books.

'[in the UK] we've got this one-eyed Scottish idiot, he keeps telling us everything's fine and he's saved the world - and we know he's lying, but he's smooth at telling us.'

Scottish politicians reacted angrily to the remark.

Scottish Labour leader Iain Gray said: 'Such a comment is really a reflection on Jeremy Clarkson and speaks for itself.

'Most people here are proud that the Prime Minister is a Scot and believe him to be the right person to get the UK through this global economic crisis.'

Gordon Banks, Labour MP for Ochil and South Perthshire, branded the comments 'unforgivable'.

Insult: Gordon Brown leaves 10 Downing Street yesterday

Attractive: Germaine Greer

Clarkson dismissed cricket as a game invented by people who didn't have enough to do, and revealed a secret crush on Aussie feminist Germaine Greer, who lives in London.

'Germaine, she's a good looking woman,' he enthused.

He labelled Hammond a coward for quitting smoking, and blamed London's recent snowfall on 'too many green people in the world and they aren't buying enough Range Rovers'.

When asked a serious question about the state of the Australian automotive industry, he admitted he didn't care.

The BBC and Downing Street declined to comment tonight.

It is not the first time Clarkson has stirred up controversy.

Viewers complained in their thousands in November when the outspoken presenter made a joke during an episode of Top Gear about lorry drivers murdering prostitute.

As he completed a lorry-driving task, he said: 'This is a hard job and I'm not just saying that to win favour with lorry drivers, it's a hard job.

'Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day.'

Regulator Ofcom received 339 complaints about the remarks, and complaints to the BBC topped 1,800.

Ofcom later ruled the quip did not breach the Broadcasting Code.

More than 82,000 tickets have been sold to the 10 Top Gear Live shows at Sydney's Acer Arena, and Events NSW have announced Sydney has secured the live spectacular until at least 2011.

:lol: i cant help but :lol: good on j c :nw: 339 people complained, :rolleyes:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AzTide

• chemical-licker

• stevewinn

• ExpandMyMind

Top Posters In This Topic

They are p***ed off, because of two reasons, the first is it is true, a Government snow Jobbing, it’s what they are good at, blowing it “All fine and under control” right out of their Kazoos, and second reason they are so p***ed off, it is because the Britt government, Spelled out: Pompous a**es, prides are hurt when the People see through their Bull crap and call then upon it…Rock On J.C. About time someone over there grew some Berries and called it like it is and too their Faces…

Not that I am thinking there should be a public out burst for God for bid that should that ever happen in the UK :ph34r: --- :rolleyes:

Pavot

Edited by Pavot

Is 339 the number of Labour party MP's ?

I am not sure which bit that they are complaining about, scottish ? yep, one-eyed ? yep, an idiot ? Well that depends on your point of view. Maybe you have suddenly become one of the added millions given more benefits through 'incapacity' or 'managing to procreate' during his tenure as chancellor or prime minister than you could earn in gainful employment, or one of the millions given a new civil service post drempt up to increase the number of people in government employment or one of the bankers still being paid billions in bonuses whilst working in an almost nationalised industry or one of the millions of new immigrants he has overseen arriving or work as a baliff.......or if you are one of the remaining quarter of the adult population who actually pay for his mistakes.

There will be no more boom and bust :wacko: ......

Edited by Moon Monkey

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...tish-idiot.html

Outrage as BBC presenter Jeremy Clarkson brands the Prime Minister a 'one-eyed Scottish idiot'

Top Gear star Jeremy Clarkson is under fire after branding Gordon Brown a 'one-eyed Scottish idiot'.

The BBC presenter also accused the Prime Minster of lying, in the comments reportedly made in Australia where he is hosting Top Gear Live, a stage version of the hit TV show, with fellow presenter Richard Hammond.

Mr Brown lost his sight in one eye after an accident playing rugby as a teenager.

Clarkson also tore into Australian prime minister Kevin Rudd. Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond pose for photographs in front of the Sydney Harbour Bridge

According to The Australian newspaper, he said: 'It's the first time I've ever seen a world leader admit we really are in deep s***.

'He genuinely looked terrified. The poor man, he's actually seen the books.

'[in the UK] we've got this one-eyed Scottish idiot, he keeps telling us everything's fine and he's saved the world - and we know he's lying, but he's smooth at telling us.'

Scottish politicians reacted angrily to the remark.

Scottish Labour leader Iain Gray said: 'Such a comment is really a reflection on Jeremy Clarkson and speaks for itself.

'Most people here are proud that the Prime Minister is a Scot and believe him to be the right person to get the UK through this global economic crisis.'

Gordon Banks, Labour MP for Ochil and South Perthshire, branded the comments 'unforgivable'.

Insult: Gordon Brown leaves 10 Downing Street yesterday

Attractive: Germaine Greer

Clarkson dismissed cricket as a game invented by people who didn't have enough to do, and revealed a secret crush on Aussie feminist Germaine Greer, who lives in London.

'Germaine, she's a good looking woman,' he enthused.

He labelled Hammond a coward for quitting smoking, and blamed London's recent snowfall on 'too many green people in the world and they aren't buying enough Range Rovers'.

When asked a serious question about the state of the Australian automotive industry, he admitted he didn't care.

The BBC and Downing Street declined to comment tonight.

It is not the first time Clarkson has stirred up controversy.

Viewers complained in their thousands in November when the outspoken presenter made a joke during an episode of Top Gear about lorry drivers murdering prostitute.

As he completed a lorry-driving task, he said: 'This is a hard job and I'm not just saying that to win favour with lorry drivers, it's a hard job.

'Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day.'

Regulator Ofcom received 339 complaints about the remarks, and complaints to the BBC topped 1,800.

Ofcom later ruled the quip did not breach the Broadcasting Code.

More than 82,000 tickets have been sold to the 10 Top Gear Live shows at Sydney's Acer Arena, and Events NSW have announced Sydney has secured the live spectacular until at least 2011.

That was a good display of professionalism. Who could blame him anyway?

It's his job. (Clarko I mean.) He's one of the much-loved characters who've made an entire career out of saying things like this.

Many love him, personally, i find him a bit of an ********, but there you go.

I read the full quote this morning in the paper...

lol cracked me up...

Although who came first Pardrige or Clarkson? Sometimes I think he tries too hard, but he'd make a Prime minister..

On another note, I didn't realize Gordon Brown had one eye. That's a bit of a low blow. :unsure2:

but I hate the way, he pauses when he speaks and his jaw goes all slack.

He could have told the truth without the insults. But then, we probably wouldnt be hearing about this without them.

Well Said Clarkson. He should have went further and said a few more home truths.

I've read the "insult" a couple of times and have to admit Clarkson is not lying. 'Brown Has One eye- He's Scottish and he is indeed an idiot, :lol: I love this straight talking attitude, Like it or lump it .

I think the really interesting bit of this article is that there are 339 people in the UK surprised Jezzer would say something like that.

--Jaylemurph

They are p***ed off, because of two reasons, the first is it is true, a Government snow Jobbing, it’s what they are good at, blowing it “All fine and under control” right out of their Kazoos, and second reason they are so p***ed off, it is because the Britt government, Spelled out: Pompous a**es, prides are hurt when the People see through their Bull crap and call then upon it…Rock On J.C. About time someone over there grew some Berries and called it like it is and too their Faces…

Not that I am thinking there should be a public out burst for God for bid that should that ever happen in the UK :ph34r: --- :rolleyes:

Pavot

Brown is useless.

We need economic nationalism.

So The govt can give the ok for thousand of soliders to fight in wars all over the world, and give themselfs lafge salarys an recently large backhands, generally ripping off joe public, but as soon as joe public makes a public comment, the govt starts getting all uppitdy.I wonder till they start screaming silence silence..... its childish.

1 rule for them another for us.

JC has actually apologised, in part, for his comments today:

Clarkson has now told The Sun that he specifically apologised for making fun of the politician's appearance.

"I have nothing against the Scottish and of course I regret making any remark that might have upset the disabled. But the idiot bit - there is no chance I'll apologise for that," he said.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a14600...wn-apology.html

And I am sorry chemical but he did not 'tear into Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd' he was merely stating that this is one politician who is not lying to ppl (about this), he does know the true state of affairs here and he does look **** scared about it

The crack about Germaine Greer was just really funny, although i dare say she would not be real happy about it lol

Its interesting when you think he's never been actualy 'been' elected - either for the Prime minister position or even for the head of the Labour party position.

lets just think about this for one second. he said gordo has 1 eye, which he has. said he was scottish, which he is. and also said he was an idiot, which he most definately is... man u gotta love jeremy. i laughed my *** off at that. did anyone see the other quotes in the sun? he once said about who he favours between labour and conservatives and he replied something like 'thats like asking which leg you would prefer to have amputated' haha.

It's great to see America isn't the only one stuck with dumb politicans who are screw ups... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's great to see America isn't the only one stuck with dumb politicans who are screw ups... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

now is this parenting or schooling?