Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rare: Friday 13th to coincide with full moon

Still Waters

Friday is the 13th and Jason will be grinning in his goalie mask by the light of a full moon.

It's a rare confluence of calendar and so creepy that has not been seen in 14 years - and will not be seen again until 2049.

In New York, the honey moon - as astronomers call it - will be unveiled at exactly 12:11 a.m. Friday, right around the time the werewolves start stirring.

It will usher in a day on which some superstitious folks will be thinking twice about walking under ladders, stepping on sidewalk cracks or crossing paths with black cats.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1827323

• Like 3

*Rummages through garden shed to find Mrs.E's manacles and spare box of silver bullets*

• Like 4

The headline on the front page of The Daily News was "MIDEAST EXPLODES" and chronicled the Al Qaeda attack on the USS Cole and bloody battles between the Israelis and Palestinians.

got to love the media to stir things up! it did not start on this day. it would have been odd if it had not been mentioned on this particular day as it was being reported before that!

in September 2000 the

Second Intifada (uprising) broke out, a period of intensified Palestinian–Israeli violence, which has been taking place until the present day.

I'm more than a little excited about this. I like Friday the 13th since 13 is one of my fave numbers.

So now I have to worry about black cats turning into werewolves as they congregate under ladders while standing on cracks in the sidewalk.

Well looks like I am just going to have to wrap myself in garlic and stay indoors all day.

edit: spelling is hard without coffee.

Edited by bubblykiss
  • Like 3

Great, so besides Jason running around killing people, we've got werewolves on our hands too. Guess I will stay inside under my bed until the 14th.

Also, Mercury is in retrograde and there will be solar flares! This is the end!!! Break out your tin-foil hats and hide in the basement!

• Like 2

Again a full moon, sleepless running on all fours and howling.

• Like 1

Wow that's pretty rare that the full moon coincide with Friday 13th. Last time was October the 13th, 2000 acording to the article. But I am not into supersitions and numerology so I don't intend to change my habbits the slightest. Still, I suppose we could say it is a special day in terms of the rarity of the occurance.

Edited by sam_comm

Maybe people are more careful when it is a darker night than a full moon night. The additional light makes us take more risk. I have heard nurses and doctors swear that ER admissions increase during full moons. The friday 13th claims , I dont know?

Friday is the 13th and Jason will be grinning in his goalie mask by the light of a full moon. It's a rare confluence of

calendar and so creepy that has not been seen in 14 years - and will not be seen again until 2049.

Not to forget to mention that Saturn and Mars are also visible today (and the nexts days as well).

My autistic son never, ever sleeps when there is a full moon. Hopefully Friday the 13th doesn't affect him too. ;)

• Like 1

Movie night tonight, friday the 13th and underworld perhaps?

• Like 1

Movie night tonight, friday the 13th and underworld perhaps?

I recommend Ginger Snaps, any of the series. But, to me, the third one is the best.
  • Like 1

I'm more than a little excited about this. I like Friday the 13th since 13 is one of my fave numbers.

You and my wife! My one grand daughter was born of Friday the 13th.

Great, so besides Jason running around killing people, we've got werewolves on our hands too. Guess I will stay inside under my bed until the 14th.

Maybe Jason and the werewolves can have a "rumble" to the death!

Twas a strange day for me even though I was oblivious of the mystical significance of it…

I awoke around 1:00 am and I was having trouble returning to sleep so around 1:30 am I flicked on the T.V…I thought that a few minutes of the goggle box would tire me out however the channel which I had unwittingly turned on was SBS 2 which tends to feature foreign movies...I try to avoid the subtitled viewing now-a-days due to my iffy eye-sight yet this morning I donned the spectacles early and I set to watching a French movie called the Over-Eater…The main actor in the movie began to niggle me because somehow I realised that he looked like Eric Cantona the footballer and yet I know nothing of football and very little of Eric Cantona hence my idea of him being the starring character was puzzling…Anyhow! When the movie had finished I decided to use the bathroom and as I opened my bedroom door I looked down the long corridor past the kitchen area and towards the other bedroom door on the opposite end of the house and I noticed that this other door was also opening…My husband who uses the other bedroom was also awake and it turns out that he also awoke around 1:00 am and watched the same foreign movie although him being a football fan was able to confirm for me that the actor was indeed, Eric Cantona…It was then that I actually made a spontaneous remark about this day being a freaky one which turned out to be even freakier when I later heard about the full moon / Friday the 13th combination.

Edited by Meridian O

I wish that 2049 meme would die because it's actually incorrect; there will be a full moon Friday Jan 13 2017 over New Zealand & Friday September 13 2019 over most of North America ( the 20th anniversary of the moon being shot out of Earth's orbit, too).

i bet there will be numerous Satanic sacrifices, probably human too :-(

Edited by qxcontinuum

I was supposed to go to a funeral today. I just worried about driving for 6 hours to get there on this particular day.

i bet there will be numerous Satanic sacrifices, probably human too :-(

It will be interesting to view the news tomorrow, no doubt about it.

My avatar:

white doves, symbolic of the Holy Spirit,

offset by black cats--

superstition’s being in excess of religion,

luck is exceeded by Providence.

0:-) MGby'all today and every day.

Edited by aka CAT

friday the 13th and a full moon doesn't worry me. get me when we have a friday the 13th that comes on a tuesday.