Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

Sirius and Alnilam, Secret Societies

secret beliefs

• Please log in to reply
658 replies to this topic

#391    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

View Postmonk 56, on 27 April 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

Lets make this clear with politics that others want to make.....i go through 116 years with modern olympics on thread with thesis, WHAT HAS QUESTIONMARK,  actually NOTHING?

He makes point with nothing??? Please go through forum thread.......again i will show being polite until Tuesday, obviously moderators see why i'm not polite to anyone with thesis. questionmark has no thesis, oops where is it?

PLEASE APPLY!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, it was you who with a snear put in the Olympics, it was me who is showing that you don't know what you are talking about. Now go cry me a river.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#392    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Without disputing astronomical thread sections above you may have thread analysis against politics but you offer no analysis against proper history, PLEASE APPLY!

#393    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

View Postmonk 56, on 27 April 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

Without disputing astronomical thread sections above you may have thread analysis against politics but you offer no analysis against proper history, PLEASE APPLY!

Now what do you want to hear, that religion has its origin in science and when the majority got educated enough to get wise on the priests they started to get more mystical? That has nothing to do with secret societies and so called secret believes, that has something to do with keeping the easy life and letting others work for them.

And almost all Western secret societies, if we exclude the Mitra and the Isis cult, which both disappeared with the dominance of Christianity, are inventions of the Renaissance, some even date from a bit later. They might yaddah something about Sirius but they sure don't know what they are talking about except what they read in form of "popular downdumbing" authored by some long dead priests on some now fragmenting papyrus. And yes, as Jay has pointed out so fittingly: most of them were hardly mystical societies but places where progressive people could hide from the establishment and take steps toward the future, or political establishments. When those societies lost their original purpose they got more like religions. Just as the knowledge about Sirius. The rest were plain rip-offs aimed at the gullible. See Guiseppe Balsamo as the Great Kophta of the Isis lodge or attempts to live out the narcissism of the founder, see Thelema and Aleister Crowley.

If you want to know about Sirius start studying the early agricultural societies and some of the less advanced societies of our day, like the Dogon. And then all you will find is primitive science.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#394    AlnilamPhiSiriusly

AlnilamPhiSiriusly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 27 April 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Now what do you want to hear, that religion has its origin in science and when the majority got educated enough to get wise on the priests they started to get more mystical? That has nothing to do with secret societies and so called secret believes, that has something to do with keeping the easy life and letting others work for them.

And almost all Western secret societies, if we exclude the Mitra and the Isis cult, which both disappeared with the dominance of Christianity, are inventions of the Renaissance, some even date from a bit later. They might yaddah something about Sirius but they sure don't know what they are talking about except what they read in form of "popular downdumbing" authored by some long dead priests on some now fragmenting papyrus. And yes, as Jay has pointed out so fittingly: most of them were hardly mystical societies but places where progressive people could hide from the establishment and take steps toward the future, or political establishments. When those societies lost their original purpose they got more like religions. Just as the knowledge about Sirius. The rest were plain rip-offs aimed at the gullible. See Guiseppe Balsamo as the Great Kophta of the Isis lodge or attempts to live out the narcissism of the founder, see Thelema and Aleister Crowley.

If you want to know about Sirius start studying the early agricultural societies and some of the less advanced societies of our day, like the Dogon. And then all you will find is primitive science.

Although much tangible evidence is frequently destroyed by earthquake, tsunami, flood, volcanic action and many cities/civilisations have 'vanished' in such ways - that does not mean those cities/civilisations never existed or that secret societies never existed within them.  There are also major underground wonders such as these:

http://interestingen...-buried-cities/

#395    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostAlnilamPhiSiriusly, on 27 April 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Although much tangible evidence is frequently destroyed by earthquake, tsunami, flood, volcanic action and many cities/civilisations have 'vanished' in such ways - that does not mean those cities/civilisations never existed or that secret societies never existed within them.  There are also major underground wonders such as these:

Ok, and that shows that there was a secret society because of...?

Just cause it occurred to you while relieving yourself does not make it factual.

about me

#396    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hi AlnilamPhiSirius,

You are a strange mark on this forum, but thank you for input, but a strange esoteric foot print?

No doubt you wish to be Unknown ha ha!   I will value that!

I will continue soon!

#397    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Hi QuestionMark,

I'm ready with another 26 pages, no problem, you as yet have to put in place "Thesis Against" to have Credit in thesis, please note members this does matter....we can't have members saying what they like without thesis, can we?

#398    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

View Postmonk 56, on 27 April 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

Hi QuestionMark,

I'm ready with another 26 pages, no problem, you as yet have to put in place "Thesis Against" to have Credit in thesis, please note members this does matter....we can't have members saying what they like without thesis, can we?

If it is like what you have written before: don't bother, I had enough. Have a good day.

about me

#399    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Obviously YOU DON'T HAVE THESIS to DEBATE, I do, thus i will display another 26 pages easily, please wait to Tuesday when i begin or you will make a fool of yourself, i begin on Tuesday to be polite and in tune with moderator concepts, what's your excuse without thesis??????????????????

Hi Moderator,

Obviously i might not be polite to you, but by recent thread entry, you can see why, NO THESIS!!!!!!!

#400    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,557 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

View Postmonk 56, on 27 April 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

Again Jaylemurph questions Moderators in politics against thesis....these are separated!!!!

Let's be clear (super-clear) about this: I wasn't questioning any moderator or any of their actions. I was questioning /you/ and your motivations for getting them to move the thread for you.  Let's also be clear: disagreeing with you is not per se a political attack. It might be a sign of erudition or of good taste, but it's not political.

(I mean, do you have the idea that you get to post whatever you want and never see anything counter to it? That seems to be exactly what you're telling QM. When you're not calling him an idiot. Which is rude and uncalled for, in addition to being a demonstrably false accusation.)

In being polite, i gave a week for members to catch up with huge bulk of thesis,

Because you assumed anyone has the time or the desire to read 26 pages merely to have the opportunity you might deign to speak with them about your pet topic. Thank you for your largesse.

politics is not on the table regarding this,

If you knew anything -- literally anything -- about early 17th Century politics, history, society or culture, you would understand it is literally impossible to separate politics and religion. At that point, Western Culture is still a century or two away from even having the concept the two were even distinguishable. You may well have heard of a thing called the Thirty Years War, a political war fought for religious reasons.

That said, I don't have a dog in that fight, so to speak. I don't espouse any particularly deep-set beliefs about any religion, Protestant/Catholic, Christian/Muslim or any other pointlessly dichotomic pair. I'm not harassing you because you espouse or don't espouse any religion or policy, but I am concerned you want to talk about something without acknowledging the complexity of the background or because you want to make an historical argument without a great deal of knowledge of the subject. Saying "politics is not on the table" is the first shot of you bucking your responsibilty to know what you're talking about.

i must respond early with BRUNO, my patron saint...why is that?

Because he was a clever, intersting chap? I gots no problem with that.

I like monks that are true, as in my thread name, very silly, Bruno was put to fire because he knew Catholic Philosophy was Hermetic, so sad he had a mask like Hannibal Lecter when he went up in smoke due to THE INQUISITION!

Well, yes, but that's a bit simplistic. Like saying the American Civil War was about "slavery". Lots of other people, people involved with Hermeticism, were notably /not/ burned at the stake.

Largely because they weren't stupid enough to go back into Counter-Reformation Italy after they had been proscribed. But depending on why exactly you admire Bruno, that might not have been a stupid thing for him to do.

Also, in point of fact, Bruno was not a monk. He was a member of the Ordo Praedicatorum, a Domincian. He was a friar. That's significantly different from a monk. Monks seal themselves off from the world. Friars are preachers and work with people.

Poor old Bruno was not allowed to talk to the crowd when he went up in smoke, he did have a mask like Hannibal Lecter, but had a spiteful spike included through his tongue, be aware!

Well, no, he wasn't allowed to speak at the time of his execution. Few people were, in Italy or anywhere else. Fortunately, he had had enough books published that people could read his philosophy. (That in itself is pretty interesting, really -- diffusion of ideas through print, and the idea of a common European readership, and maybe even the idea of a literate, non-elite audience capable of group action. If Bruno had any conception of those.)

Bruno is very special to me, when he was condemned he said "Mairori forsan cum timore sententiam in me fertis quam ego accipiam that means "Perhaps you pronounce this sentence against me with greater fear than i receive it"

[sic]

In being polite in giving members time to read thread, don't say there is "Arrogance" Obviously Moderators rule, thus why i'm polite in giving members time to read thread!

No, as I said, the arrogance is in the idea people are going to break down and read /26/ pages of this.

I didn't change thread, moderators did with my thesis, noting little debate....Jaylemurph is trying to make it political....this must be noted!

I'm noting stuff early because politeness has become political, the statue of Giordano Bruno does face in direction of Vatican, i love Bruno but perhaps not those that put statue facing Vatican, work out puzzle!

http://en.wikipedia...._Giordano_Bruno

Yeah. To put it politely, there's no need for you to post Wikipedia articles about Bruno to me. I might be tempted to provide you citation for grown-up books about him for you. I can cite non-English sources, if you prefer.

I almost never post YouTube clips to make my arguments, but I think this is appropos to your use of the word "political":

http://www.youtube.c...?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#401    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,557 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostAlnilamPhiSiriusly, on 27 April 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Yeah. Just because I've never seen my dog use his big, floppy ears to fly, doesn't mean he's not occasionally playing with dragonflies, right?

;)

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#402    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

Yea Yea, Jaylemuph, i'm being polite in bringing this thread forward, obviously MODERATORS KNOW MORE THAN YOU, i'm honestly being polite in not going further yet until Tuesday, you haven't read thread!!!!!!!!!

You come from NEW YORK, on 13th September 1788, New York become temporary capital of United States, please apply against with THESIS, at the moment it is all hot air political!!!!!

Midnight applied at location on date:-

http://2012forum.com...=6747&mode=view

It must be noted i comply with forum rules, in going forward with debate, it isn't my fault that others want to look backwards without analysis.  My directive was forward in analysis with thread by moderators....hell it isn't my fault that i have idiots in debate that want to go backwards, find an astronomer that will dispute above, i dare you?????

#403    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,557 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

View Postmonk 56, on 27 April 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

Yea Yea, Jaylemuph, i'm being polite in bringing this thread forward, obviously MODERATORS KNOW MORE THAN YOU, i'm honestly being polite in not going further yet until Tuesday, you haven't read thread!!!!!!!!!

I don't know. There are probably some things I know more about than some mods. And some thing they know more about than me. I'm not critiquing them or anything they've done. The only one insisting on bringing in the mods to this conversation is you. (And I can't help but notice they're conspicuous by their absence.)

You come from NEW YORK,

No, I don't. I come from Arizona, technically. And arguably North Carolina, where I grew up. But I currently live in Brooklyn.

on 13th September 1788, New York become temporary capital of United States, please apply against with THESIS, at the moment it is all hot air political!!!!!

Midnight applied at location on date:-

http://2012forum.com...=6747&mode=view

It must be noted i comply with forum rules, in going forward with debate, it isn't my fault that others want to look backwards without analysis.  My directive was forward in analysis with thread by moderators....hell it isn't my fault that i have idiots in debate that want to go backwards, find an astronomer that will dispute above, i dare you?????

Maybe I haven't made this as obvious as I think I have: I have no desire, no intention and (frankly) no time to go back and read 26 pages of whatever -- legitimate points or fringe lunacy they may be (although nothing from what I've seen so far points to there being much cop there) -- you've posted before. And it's absurd to think anyone else will.

And since I will not be reading 26 pages of previous posting, I cannot and will not comment on the context-less scribbling you link to above.

Like I originally said, why don't you provide a precis of your argument and/or highlight the most salient points. Or something. You're the one who wants feedback, so why don't you help the people who might be interested in the point(s) you make without the commitment to 26 pages of posts? It's not an unreasonable request if you geniuinely want feedback. If you just want people to tell you how brilliant your observation are... well, you may have brought your thread to the wrong forum.

--Jaylemurph

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#404    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

I'm Sorry, Kmt_Sesh as moderator, my directive was to push this thread forward, but to give time, i would have done this, if i didn't have people that didn't value what i had already posted, indeed you can see that they don't even read with thesis, no worries i'll be back on Tuesday, giving dates with meaningful history and astronomy....lets face it all else is just hot air in debate!

#405    AlnilamPhiSiriusly

AlnilamPhiSiriusly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

View Postjaylemurph, on 27 April 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Yeah. Just because I've never seen my dog use his big, floppy ears to fly, doesn't mean he's not occasionally playing with dragonflies, right?

;)

--Jaylemurph
Interesting that you refer to your dog.... Sirius is known as 'The Dig Star' and several occult researchers have claimed that the Great Pyramid of Giza was built in perfect alignment with the stars, especially Sirius. The light from these stars were said to be used in ceremonies of Egyptian Mysteries. Sirius is over twenty times brighter than our sun and is twice as massive. At night time, Sirius is the brightest star in the sky since the dawn of time. Recent scientific discoveries relating to the Great Pyramid and its mysterious “air shafts” have caused researchers to further confirm the importance of Sirius within the pyramid.

There is a mysterious connection between Sirius and human History. Since ancient times and across multiple civilizations, Sirius, the dog star, has been surrounded with mysterious esoteric teachings that have invariably attributed to Sirius a special status - the star’s importance in occult symbolism is an attestation of that fact.... perhaps humanity has an ancient, mysterious connection with Sirius

Also tagged with secret beliefs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users