Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Powers

Seraphyr

Sometimes people claim to have powers of paranormal origins. I am creating this forum for people who actually truly believe that they have abilities other than that of the normal human. I truly welcome all forms of replies, whether it is from believers or skeptics, who knows, maybe I can help some skeptics believe...

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Atheist God

• Jjbreen

• brave_new_world

• drakonwick

You are the Self, the infinite Being, the pure, unchanging Consciousness, which pervades everything. Your nature is bliss and your glory is without stain. Because you identify yourself with the ego, you are tied to birth and death. Your bondage has no other cause.--Shankara

Other powers would be cool and all, but there would still be suffering and limits of being an individual. The novelty would wear thin after a while of having occult or psychic powers. Jealousy would arise when someone with greater powers comes along(more often than not).More than anything your ego would intensify if your powers were flaunted and used with attachment. When the ego is the source of all our suffering.

Not that the occultor psychic powers are bad, it's the attachment to them. EEEErrr this probably doesn't have much to do with thread and for that I apologize.

In all honesty, these types of threads have a very short shelf life (check the forum guidelines for more details). If you have information/evidence that is so convincing I suggest not beating around the bush.

Let's see what you have.

Sometimes people claim to have powers of paranormal origins. I am creating this forum for people who actually truly believe that they have abilities other than that of the normal human. I truly welcome all forms of replies, whether it is from believers or skeptics, who knows, maybe I can help some skeptics believe...

The only way you could make somone like me beleive is for these types of abilities to be tested under controlled conditions overseen by credible figures in the scientific not psuedoscientific community.

Other then this you will have a 0% chance of making me into a beleiver.

The only way you could make somone like me beleive is for these types of abilities to be tested under controlled conditions overseen by credible figures in the scientific not psuedoscientific community.

I agree completely!

Psychic ability has been recognized and respected in cultures from all around the globe literally for thousands of years. Of course these powers exist. They are just other possibilities and manifestations that exist in the quantum field of the universe.

Controlled conditions based on what they believe to help and create the ability of what a person has and if it does succeeds the would try to finsd something out to explain it through science of why it couldn't just spontaniously happen wit that person!!!!!

The point is that i have empathitic, future(or making the future as i think,everyone has this ability some are too skeptical about it), unexplained persuasion, chi connection, higher vibrational energy, precognition, some more things but youowuld never know because you would never meet me ever in person!!!!! Probably by some coincidence that we meet each other by some means that i could explain myself!!!!!!!!

DhA...OraCle

-Randy W.

Edited by mysticart1987

Every human, or shall I say, soul, has metaphysical abilities, some people have yet to tap into them, and some already have, while some are learning to. Just depends if they are willing to practice and learn, its that simple. Even a person with abilities/powers/talents isn't 'special', they're just different from others who choose not to do it.

Controlled conditions based on what they believe to help and create the ability of what a person has and if it does succeeds the would try to finsd something out to explain it through science of why it couldn't just spontaniously happen wit that person!!!!!

I don't think you get it kid :hmm:

If it's spontanious then an extended stay in the lab is required. Such powers I am sure could be measured in EEG's, vital signs and by measuring EM feilds etc. Science would support it if someone could actually do it.

The point is that i have empathitic, future(or making the future as i think,everyone has this ability some are too skeptical about it), unexplained persuasion, chi connection, higher vibrational energy, precognition, some more things but youowuld never know because you would never meet me ever in person!!!!! Probably by some coincidence that we meet each other by some means that i could explain myself!!!!!!!!

If you have the power of persuasion why not persuade me into becomming a beleiver then?

It is probably because you can't.

Again I stand by my original statement here nothing you say will desuade me.

The above you claim to have several abilities but I would never beleive you because you said you learned martial arts from Jackie Chan and Jet Li a while back. I also doubt everyone here meets either.

either way you could think what you want because my training with my master has nothing to do with anything!!

Anyways I also said in the post that which was wrote that I woudln't do that. It's typical for you to want me to do that to you!! I mean even if it was doneto you, you would try to claim something in a scientific theory of your own!!

Just sounds like scientists who are trying to explain what they fear or they think they cannot control by their own status of limitations of the mind or body!!!!!!

DhA...OraCle

-Randy W.

Edited by mysticart1987

either way you could think what you want because my training with my master has nothing to do with anything!!

Your right but i was merely using that as an example which by the way you did claim here on these forums.

Anyways I also said in the post that which was wrote that I woudln't do that. It's typical for you to want me to do that to you!! I mean even if it was doneto you, you would try to claim something in a scientific theory of your own!!

No I would beleive the power exists I would merely want to seek how I could accomplish such a power and how it works.

Those who do not use their powers don't deserve them.....

Well since you won't use it I will call BS on you then until prooven otherwise. Do it and i will never question you again.

Just sounds like scientists who are trying to explain what they fear or they think they cannot control by their own status of limitations of the mind or body!!!!!!

Proove your claims or **** bottom line... :hmm:

Mysticart all you do here is make wild accusations when you can't justify your own claims. You certainly don't sound like an enlightened person as they would not bother to debate on an internet forum.

Good evening,

I am the one who posted this forum for thos who believe in the paranormal, right. Okay, if you are on this site it is either for one of two reasons. To either disprove all theories and ideas presented on this site due to your skepticism or you actually to some extent believe that what people claim in some form must be true. Let me put it this way, thousands of people every year make claims of Deja Vu. The supposed feeling or illusion of an event or memory. What if it's not actually Deja Vu. What if the person had seen the future, either in their wake or while asleep. Some of the people I know are able to quote teachers, minutes before the teachers even speak. I believe that while in my sleep I witnessed a truck wreck of one of my friend's along with his brother in a blue truck. Three days afterwards I discovered that a friend of mine and his brother where driving and had a wreck during the night I invisioned it. Now tell me does that seem like a feeling of being in a familiar situation or remembering a memory once believed to be forgotten. i am sorry that this evidence cannot be proven in your so called controlled conditions, but some people with these abilities arent able to physically pick up or move things. Some abilities are passive and honestly, I don't think you have the science to prove any of the stuff that is claimed withing these sites. I thank you for your time and responces.

I think it is so funny that given all that has been presented to date the skeptics in this forum insist on pretending that the paranormal is not real :no: sorry guys the reality

of the situation is Skeptics 0/Beleivers 100, 10seconds left in the game and the

Believers have the ball (by the way the believers coach is saying take a knee)...

It really is that simple....

Any thoughts?

I think it is so funny that given all that has been presented to date the skeptics in this forum insist on pretending that the paranormal is not real :no: sorry guys the reality

of the situation is Skeptics 0/Beleivers 100, 10seconds left in the game and the

Believers have the ball (by the way the believers coach is saying take a knee)...

It really is that simple....

Any thoughts?

It's never that simple....

Remember your the ones claiming that people have powers and we are asking you to justifiy those claims with something other then heresay.

What ball do beleivers have other then being naive. If such powers existed everyone would dispute them it would simply be common knowledge but it's not.

Ganja Guru states....

It's never that simple....

Remember you’re the ones claiming that people have powers and we are asking you to justify those claims with something other then heresy.

What ball do believers have other then being naive? If such powers existed everyone would dispute them it would simply be common knowledge but it's not.

It is common knowledge and from the context of religious beliefs more so...in relation to scientific evidence there is more than enough (for the record presented in this forum), again GG :td: the only thing that comes to mind in relation to your responses is denial

Any thoughts?

PS: Took the liberty of correcting your spelling I hope you do not mind

Ganja Guru states....

It is common knowledge and from the context of religious beliefs more so...in relation to scientific evidence there is more than enough (for the record presented in this forum), again GG :td: the only thing that comes to mind in relation to your responses is denial

Of course I am denying supernatural powers because they don't exist. You mention scientific evidence but I haven't seen any. I certainly expect you to provide scientific sources to back this claim up.

Any thoughts?

How about you proove these powers exist instead of just talking about it.

PS: Took the liberty of correcting your spelling I hope you do not mind

Not really but for one word was it even worth being a grammar nazi over.

Of course I am denying supernatural powers because they don't exist. You mention scientific evidence but I haven't seen any. I certainly expect you to provide scientific sources to back this claim up.

How about you proove these powers exist instead of just talking about it.

Not really but for one word was it even worth being a grammar nazi over.

Grammar Nazi hahahahahahahahahaha I full on believe in powers and that there is no limit to them if you include all dimensions. But I like your sense of humor, Grammar Nazi!!! hehehehehehe The new literature dictator wishes to disinfect the forum of all incorrect spellers!!! HAHAHAHAHAH beware of the Grammar Nazis!!! HAHAHAHAHAH I'm a an absent fullstop terrorist hahahahaha :D , I'm from the comma department hehehehehe

People only use 10% of their brain...where did the other percentage go?

Ok first off the 10% thing is just a myth.

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/tenper.html

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/pdf/tenper.pdf

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percnt.htm

Evidence Against the Ten-Percent Myth

The argument that psychic powers come from the unused majority of the brain is based on the logical fallacy of the argument from ignorance. In this fallacy, lack of proof for a position (or simply lack of information) is used to try to support a particular claim. Even if it were true that the vast majority of the human mind is unused (which it clearly is not), that fact in no way implies that any extra capacity could somehow give people paranormal powers. This fallacy pops up all the time in paranormal claims, and is especially prevalent among UFO proponents. For example: Two people see a strange light in the sky. The first, a UFO believer, says, "See there! Can you explain that?" The skeptic replies that no, he can't. The UFO believer is gleeful. "Ha! You don't know what it is, so it must be aliens!" he says, arguing from ignorance.

What follows are two of the reasons that the Ten-Percent story is suspect. (For a much more thorough and detailed analysis of the subject, see Barry Beyerstein's chapter in the 1999 book Mind Myths: Exploring Everyday Mysteries of the Mind.)

1) Brain imaging research techniques such as PET scans (positron emission tomography) and fMRI (functional magnetic resonance imaging) clearly show that the vast majority of the brain does not lie fallow. Indeed, although certain minor functions may use only a small part of the brain at one time, any sufficiently complex set of activities or thought patterns will indeed use many parts of the brain. Just as people don't use all of their muscle groups at one time, they also don't use all of their brain at once. For any given activity, such as eating, watching television, making love, or reading, you may use a few specific parts of your brain. Over the course of a whole day, however, just about all of the brain is used at one time or another.

2) The myth presupposes an extreme localization of functions in the brain. If the "used" or "necessary" parts of the brain were scattered all around the organ, that would imply that much of the brain is in fact necessary. But the myth implies that the "used" part of the brain is a discrete area, and the "unused" part is like an appendix or tonsil, taking up space but essentially unnecessary. But if all those parts of the brain are unused, removal or damage to the "unused" part of the brain should be minor or unnoticed. Yet people who have suffered head trauma, a stroke, or other brain injury are frequently severely impaired. Have you ever heard a doctor say, ". . . But luckily when that bullet entered his skull, it only damaged the 90 percent of his brain he didn't use"? Of course not.

The research is being done but the results have been inconsistent. There is no "proof" only possiblity (and this is after 150 years of serious research). More research needs to be done, but there are obstacles to this line of study. First of which is funding.

There is a chance that ESP can be proven in a lab and that it's causes are completely natural, yet undiscovered functions (at least that's my thought). All of these various "kenesis" abilities are nothing more than ego-driven fantasies cooked up by folks who need to feel special (once again my thought).

Do any of you believers or "superhumans" really expect that you can go wherever you please, make these claims, and not be asked to prove it? Do you really expect that the skeptics and those who are on the fence to simply accept the mythology that you offer as the only explaination? Why is it that when anyone challenges the existence of your "powers" they are met with "you are an ignorant person possessed of narrow vision?"

While I'm on the subject of extraordinary claims, I guess the OP didn't have the "magic bullet" after all.

Here is some reading material while you are planning your flames. ;)

A Statistician's Take

Biological Utilisation of Quantum Non-Locality published in Foundations of Physics and written by Nobel Prize winner Brian D. Josephson

Does ESP count as a "power" or something? That's all I have. And I've been trying to control it. Of course I've always gotten frustured over it. ^^

People only use 10% of their brain...where did the other percentage go?

No we are only aware of 10% of the information that comes into or brains. We are clearly using 100% but our lack of concentration and focus denies us the awareness of the full 90%. If we could focus and concentrate on the mind of the matter and find that place or point of concentration then all information will be known to us all the time!!!!

Would you really want to know all the information that surrounds you 24/7. I mean being aware of these things would bring a greater concentration and focus on whatever you do but there are other things to it also!!

DhA...OraCle

-Randy W.

No we are only aware of 10% of the information that comes into or brains. We are clearly using 100% but our lack of concentration and focus denies us the awareness of the full 90%. If we could focus and concentrate on the mind of the matter and find that place or point of concentration then all information will be known to us all the time!!!!

Would you really want to know all the information that surrounds you 24/7. I mean being aware of these things would bring a greater concentration and focus on whatever you do but there are other things to it also!!

:yes: Thank you... Finally...

I know who will be the winner in Yahoo's Talent Search 22 days before they would announce who the winner is and take $ 50000 thousand dollars with a chance of fame. >Love on the Internet<

I'll tell on the eve of the announcement for reasons of unexpected event or last minute changes.

Edited by 3rd rock resident alien