Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fifth Estate Film - Wikileaks Julian Assange

Raptor Witness

Given the ramifications for potential copycat behavior, I placed this here instead of another section of the forum.

I was a little worried when I saw the trailer on television that this film wouldn't carry its weight, and that it would be a disappointment, but I was wrong.

It was a very good movie if you're interested in this subject, and the acting was above par. I think actor Benedict Cumberbatch could get an academy award nomination for his portrayal of Julian Assange.

If Mr. Assange has any complaints about this movie, then he's a fool, because this actor made him larger than life, displaying the rarely seen genius-madness complex more eloquently than I've seen it played in any movie.

I was also pleasantly surprised that they didn't over-demonize the U.S. government, which would have offended movie goers, myself included. This leaves the audience to focus more on the lead character's intrigue and charisma.

They also didn't delve into the smear job, which would have torn down the hero figure and ruined the movie.

I'd give the script a B+, and the directing about a B. I don't know what their budget was but it appeared adequate to tackle the task.

There's no question that this movie will have a chilling effect on the ability of the intelligence community to filter out potential heroes, because as we see with
the silent types so popular at the NSA can be just as dangerous.

Assange would have been easy to spot, but with Edward Snowden; make no mistake, it would have taken a foreground check of that halo placed upon his head.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

My only worries is that the film would serve to propagandize anti-Whistleblower thought.

• Like 1

I doubt I'll see it as the Assange thing seemed like a guy with delusions of grade, but from the trailer, Cumberbatch is a damn force of nature

I think it looks very entertaining, however, I won't go to the theatre and drop 50 bucks to see a movie. I'll wait for Netflix.

• Like 1

My only worries is that the film would serve to propagandize anti-Whistleblower thought.

It probably does, but I know that whistleblowers are good guys, not bad guys. We are inundated with propaganda from all angles--at least a movie can be fun. :tu:

I'll search the open web for a pirated version... it's the only way to view a movie like this... bit torrent, here I come!

• Like 1

I'll search the open web for a pirated version... it's the only way to view a movie like this... bit torrent, here I come!

That seems oddly appropriate.

Total flop. No surpise.

http://www.deadline....e-also-opening/

I think there were five or six people in the theatre I was in, and this was 7:10 PM on a Saturday night, so agreed, that's dismal.

As with so many movies of this type, however, the overriding effort seems to be to create a historic record; and for that they've accomplished their goal. This is, after all, liberal Hollywood we're talking about.

My hats off to DreamWorks on this, because not every subject should be expected to rake in huge profits, but that doesn't mean the story should not be told.

Most of the geeks interested in this subject will steal it off of Pirate Bay, anyway, and I'm sure the producers knew this from the beginning.

It looks like the budget was about $26-30 million, so that's not too risky to do something like this. They should easily clear a profit.

Edited by Raptor Witness

It looks like Edward Snowden will be a thousand times more troublesome for the NSA than Julian Assange could have ever hoped to have been.

I wonder if DreamWorks realizes that both their mythological paths cross here.

That story is not worth millions, but Billions of lives.

• Like 1

I will continue my mythological argument for a connection between Assange and Snowden on a more appropriate thread, but here's a taste.

As it was written long ago, the first has become the last ... and the last shall become the first.

There are four threads and posts, along with several graphics, which arguably link Julian Assange and Edward Snowden by birth date in my writings. Most of these connections relate to natural disasters, but some allude to political disasters that we now see unfolding on earth.

Assange was born on 7-3, representing the three sevens, and which figure very prominently in my past writings.

Snowden was born on the summer solstice 6-21, and while I have no interest in astrology, I have used the depiction of the summer solstice to connect to the three sevens, but far more importantly to the wind.

The first in a sequence of threads and forecast graphics lays the ground work.

A careful search of the word “whisper,” reveals that with only one exception since 2006, when I began publishing forecast material on the Web, I have always connected the word "whisper" to the wind.

That's a very odd combination of concepts, and since "whispers" imply secrets, what could the wind possibly have to do with secrets kept by men?

The unusual and rare combination of these two concepts is largely what will weave this myth together, and it will reveal a power at work that the NSA and the U.S. government will be unable to deny.

The same power that brought about the widest tornado in U.S. history, at the exact moment as the widest breach in U.S. national security, was correctly depicted in the post I reference below, from 2007. It would be the first time I connected whispers to the wind, but it would clearly not be the last.

Post 75 - Mar 30th, 2007 - From sun up till dawn down, make the wise(world leaders) rise from their seats and the low whisper, "the wind cannot be made to stand still." A great plague of unimaginable proportions is decreed for [the false kingdom of god.] Let nothing standing, stand still, and let nothing lying down be able to stand up. From sea to shining sea and everything in between, shall this plague be.

438850550_63c31cb170_o.jpg

438842752_b5361b0b1d_o.jpg

438844447_e4660b46b4_o.jpg

Edited by Raptor Witness

I saw the movie last night, and there were no more than 10 people in the theater.

As a work of art, I liked it. It portrayed Assange with all his warts and body odor and huge ego and inability to either lead or get along with others.

But it also portrayed his sense of the rightness of what he was doing--exposing the criminals that run government and so much of industry.

I thought it showed both sides of the issue rather well. :tu:

• Like 1

I've got a better movie for the DreamWorks than anything they've ever imagined ... and best of all, it's a true story right out of the best-selling book of all time.

A feather falls, it catches fire;

8488585838_b8b43acbe8_o.gif

The only difference between Assange's blonde, Swedish accusers below, and the two blondes in my "screaming shards of glass, forecast is that my girls above and below the celestial plane, don't die their roots, and they always tell the whole truth ...nothing but the truth, so help me Big Daddy.

Still don't belief in myths?

10531648535_f23eeac7ac_c.jpg

Withhold your hands(hackers) from harm to all commerce, and the wind will begin opening cracks in doors across many confusing boundaries.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Rappy, let's talk for a second.

You post big...things like ^ that up there a lot.

what are you going for exactly?

please refrain from using pop videos in your response

• Like 1

Rappy, let's talk for a second.

You post big...things like ^ that up there a lot.

what are you going for exactly?

please refrain from using pop videos in your response

Sometimes Rappy's posts are a bit disturbing ;-) But so are mine so.... at least he's unpredictable.

I don't mind all of that, I'm just curious as to what he's hoping to achieve. I assume he wants his point to be herd and considered, and when you make every post a production with musical numbers and visuals it kind of makes him hard to take seriously