Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 57 votes

Astral Travel & My technique

• Please log in to reply
5004 replies to this topic

#4966    utpat.fuzzy

utpat.fuzzy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

N yea ..m also dying to hv a conversion wid  d guy dat started this thread...he seems a total pro at this :)..bt he hasnt posted for quite a while..d thread ws started lyk 5 years ago...ziggy stardust..wer r u :'(

Edited by utpat.fuzzy, 28 May 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#4967    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,212 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

View Postutpat.fuzzy, on 28 May 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

Ok thanx a lott :) ... m really excited to try it out soon...hv u tried urself?  After how many tries does normally one manage to achieve this? M nt a person who usually has a good concentration n patience level..i mean i cant even read a book for half an hr widout getting bored..so for a person lyk me cn i estimate d no. of attempts i may need to do it??  But i do hv a hell lot of determination n interest abt this..so what shud i estimate?
Yes I have done a lot of experimenting out of body. It's difficult to say how long it will take you. Sometimes people are naturally prone to and   it happens spontaneously all the time. Other times some people take years. The problem with me estimating how long it takes people is that it's difficult for me to tell how consistent they are really being. Your best bet with anything you want to gain skill in is practice 2-3 times a week if possible on a set schedule.

A lot of people have concentration problems. But it's not necessarily concentration that you need to have. Relaxation is key. I get boared easily to. Any of these issues that might hold you back you would want to conquer for the simple fact that it would hold you back from anything.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4968    utpat.fuzzy

utpat.fuzzy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

Okay...i ws thinking of trying it tonight...one more question if m nt really a pain in d neck..i noe u said go thru d thread bt its REALLY long..lol..i gt to d first 50 out of more dan 300 posts.:P..anyway my question ws wud i be able to touch or move anything if i wanted to during a.p ..wud u pls share any of ur experiences ..i wud luv to here d best one in detail if ur up for it... :)

#4969    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,212 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

View Postutpat.fuzzy, on 28 May 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Okay...i ws thinking of trying it tonight...one more question if m nt really a pain in d neck..i noe u said go thru d thread bt its REALLY long..lol..i gt to d first 50 out of more dan 300 posts.:P..anyway my question ws wud i be able to touch or move anything if i wanted to during a.p ..wud u pls share any of ur experiences ..i wud luv to here d best one in detail if ur up for it... :)
You can touch things and people even the insides of things, bit it's in a non physical reality. It's not going to move or be affected in the physical world.

I don't blog my experiences anymore I have decided to keep most of them to myself, but you can flow several years of experiences here.

http://www.unexplain...log&blogid=2493

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4970    utpat.fuzzy

utpat.fuzzy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Alright  :) ...thanks a lott !!

#4971    AsG1989

AsG1989

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

I listened to binaural beats trying to make me relax more. What happened was I was in sleep paralysis for 51 minutes without getting to the vibrational stage for the first time ever. It seems it kept me in a trance and unable to focus on leaving the body. I never got to the vibrational state. I think maybe the type of wave (theta beta etc) can have different effects on meditation.

#4972    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,212 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

View PostAsG1989, on 29 May 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

I listened to binaural beats trying to make me relax more. What happened was I was in sleep paralysis for 51 minutes without getting to the vibrational stage for the first time ever. It seems it kept me in a trance and unable to focus on leaving the body. I never got to the vibrational state. I think maybe the type of wave (theta beta etc) can have different effects on meditation.
I certainly does. When I was trying beats the binural beats did not go well with me. Shamanic drumming works much better and if the spirit flute is thrown in the sound of the flute can carry you into guided places

words words

Bruce Lee-

#4973    utpat.fuzzy

utpat.fuzzy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

I tried ap last night....i think i gt to d vibrational stage...but dat ws as far as i cud get...i kept getting jolted back even though i kept picturing myself hovering over my own body...and also i strongly felt my pulse throbbing all over body...ws i close?

#4974    all16universes

all16universes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostAshiene, on 29 March 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

I made this post 7 years ago when I was 16. Now I am 23 and I have never again managed to successfully accomplish this since that incident so long ago. I believe a huge part of what made my first attempt successful was my sheer determination and willpower, since I had just got extremely interested in AP and that probably helped me succeed. I have also realised that what I experienced was unlikely to be AP (over the years I have begun to doubt AP) but induced sleep paralysis by conscious willpower. I have tried hundreds of nights but never induced it again.

Hi,

I'm new to the forums but I have a lot of experience with OBEs/APs. I strongly suggest trying in the early morning as your brain chemistry is optimal.  Here's a method that works consistently for me which is very similar to the OPs method :

1. Go to sleep.

2. Catch yourself between dreams while you're sleeping (usually early morning). Set an alarm to wake yourself if needed (at approximately 4 hours after you have been sleeping). This is quite possibly the most difficult step. The goal is to catch yourself at the sleep/awake threshold.

3. Lay perfectly still and notice your breathing, heartbeat, or the darkness behind your closed eyelids as you drift back to sleep. I say "notice" because you do not want to actively think about it. The idea is to hover between the sleep/awake threshold. Actively thinking will wake us up, which will make it more difficult to achieve the mind awake body sleep state.

4. Shortly after, you will most likely begin to feel sensations commonly associated with the onset of an OBE. These include vibrations, paralysis, or ringing in your ears. You may experience some, all, or none of these sensations. In some cases, you may bypass this stage altogether and "phase" into an environment (which might appear as a thought evolving into an interactable environment).

From here,  you want to use one of the many handy dandy exit techniques available. I can suggest some particular techniques depending on the combination of sensations you typically experIence. For instance, I hardly get sleep paralysis but most times get strong vibrations. I've found that just getting out of bed as I normally would works if I let the vibrations die down a little first.

Best of luck! If you have any questions please ask!

Edited by all16universes, 05 June 2013 - 10:17 PM.

#4975    utpat.fuzzy

utpat.fuzzy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

I tried ap last night....i think i gt to d vibrational stage...but dat ws as far as i cud get...i kept getting jolted back even though i kept picturing myself hovering over my own body...and also i strongly felt my pulse throbbing all over body...ws i close?

#4976    BorisIWantToKnow

BorisIWantToKnow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• Credendo Vides, Seeing is Believing

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

Just one simple question, the so called "mantra" in this technique: "I'm going to astral travel, "I'm going to leave my body", should I say it in english or in my native tongue?

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

#4977    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

View PostBorisIWantToKnow, on 29 June 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Just one simple question, the so called "mantra" in this technique: "I'm going to astral travel, "I'm going to leave my body", should I say it in english or in my native tongue?

Doesn't matter what language you use.

#4978    B Randomly

B Randomly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 183 posts

• Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    -Gandhi

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

Yes, the language is not important.  What you're doing is setting the intention of projecting.

#4979    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:16 AM

Hey guys lately i have been having trouble entering the Vibration Stage of AP. I haven't had a good one in a while. Do you guys have any tips on how to reach the stage easier? The last time i managed to get to it i was slightly sleep deprived and in that "Twilight Zone", of Sleep which seems to be the key to entering that stage from my personal experience.

Edited by stevemagegod, 01 July 2013 - 03:16 AM.

#4980    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,212 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:08 AM

View Poststevemagegod, on 01 July 2013 - 03:16 AM, said:

Hey guys lately i have been having trouble entering the Vibration Stage of AP. I haven't had a good one in a while. Do you guys have any tips on how to reach the stage easier? The last time i managed to get to it i was slightly sleep deprived and in that "Twilight Zone", of Sleep which seems to be the key to entering that stage from my personal experience.
You should explain exactly what you are currently trying. When and how.

Bruce Lee-

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By White Crane Feather in A man awake, on 16 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users