Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are Werewolves Cryptids?

flareobox

Hi there guys,

Are Werewolves cryptids? If so are there any Cryptozoologists famous for their research in the creature?

When I say Werewolves I don't mean the ones that transform from humans, I mean more realistic ones like possible cousins to the Sasquatch.

in so far as they're as made up as a lot of cryptids, then yes, they are.

• Like 2

Not sure how it could be a cousin to Bigfoot?

I mean wouldn't it be from the wolf/dog line and Bigfoot would be from the ape/human line.

Of course assuming either is real.

I hate reality TV, I think it's a pile of steaming poo. But i do long for the day we can watch a real life version of Harry and the Henderson's... lol

i would imagine that any "werewolf" that doesn't transform from a human is simpy just a wolf...... not that i believe in werewolves

...When I say Werewolves I don't mean the ones that transform from humans, I mean more realistic ones like possible cousins to the Sasquatch.

realisitic? cousin to sasquatch?....... never knew that sasquatch was proven to exist

Edited by Overdueleaf

When I say Werewolves I don't mean the ones that transform from humans, I mean more realistic ones like possible cousins to the Sasquatch.

Are you refering to Linda Godfrey work of dogmen ?

Yeah.

Personal oppion if the so called dogmen are real I think there would just be a subspecies of sasquatch. The anadotale evidence for dogmen seems to me just sasquatch sightings that are misinterpeted as dogmen, if sasquatch is real.

Because when I think realistic, I think "related to Sasquatch".

• Like 2

Hi there guys,

Are Werewolves cryptids? If so are there any Cryptozoologists famous for their research in the creature?

I'd have to say that Werewolves are perfect examples of a cryptid species. They, like all other "cryptids" are creatures for which there is loads (imagine a cart of manure) of anecdotal evidence, but absolutely no hard, irrefutable, or definitive physical evidence making their existence highly unlikely.

Werewolves are imaginary. If someone tells you that they can shapeshift into a wolf, you may want to make sure they are not going to be piloting a vehicle of anykind soon or making huge decisions that will impact the lives of many because they are either on drugs or in need of a psychological evaluation.

Hi there guys,

I think werewolves can be approached from different ways. There's a lot of different kinds of canine lore out there. In the cryptid sense I think Godfreys works are the ones that pop up most often as a collection. I'm not sure if there are really any cryptozoologists in the sense that bigfoot has cryptozooligists.

This might be a helpful link, it sources a lot of books on werewolves. http://www.newanimal.org/werewolves.htm It has a lot of stuff from all over the spectrum of the lore so you will have to weed through a bit to find the kinds of material you are looking for.

Yes, they are cryptids. I'm reading a book on sightings of them right now called "Real Werewolves: True Encounters in Modern America". Having a blast with it because they quote alot of stuff I've already read about and watched XD