Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Stephen Hawking's and My Thought on Norse

norse myth mythology debmedia scientist

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    debmedia

debmedia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 06 June 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

You earlier said the norse were more advanced than us, yet your excuse for their myths is their explanations are for less advanced people. Who are these less advanced people?
yeah, I know, you are going to ask this question. Ok, I already have the answer in my mind, I am not telling anywhere that All those advance people (God?) tells those stories to Norse type civilizations. I just tell that, they tell the story many many years ago to any uncivilized persons, who design them in cave etc. then, when people started to make advance civilization, they try to understand the cave painting etc and with their believe in God, they started to write those myths in their own languages. I don't say that God or advance persons tell those story to Norse, they tells them many many years back to less advance or persons. It is a possibilities. But I have no time machine to go to their time and get a prove to show you though. hehe.

Like Me? No? Dislike me? Whatever. I am a human. And "I Born to give this World something, without any hope to get something in return". Now you Like me? anyway, contact me at debmedia@gmail.com. I am here to get knowledge and share knowledge. East or West, True Knowledge is the best. MUST.....True Knowledge. Remind That. Take care.

#17    Mercury2K

Mercury2K

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 06 June 2012 - 05:58 AM, said:

Yes Baldar does as do the sons of Thor. And like you said, it's a new beginning.

cormac

sounds similar to this mayan calendar business (however i haven't looked that far into it other than the idea of sunspots etc. & the end/beginning of an age)

#18    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

I've heard that due to the late formation of the Norse myths, (Roughly 9th or 10th century) that it was heavily influenced by other existing religions such as the Roman pantheon and Christianity also. And that Ragnorak is simply a Norse version of the Book of Revelations. That the end times will come, there will be a fantastic great war with Evil, lead by a trickster (Antichrist and Loki) and in the end the remnant will have a new beginning. But then it also has similarities with other End of the World myths also, so maybe this is a Archtype thing within mankind.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#19    andes_wolf

andes_wolf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:14 AM

View Postdebmedia, on 05 June 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

If you check every mythology of every civilizations you can find one thing common that all are using this kind of metaphor or gimmic for explain their thoughts. Why all don't think otherways that they wrote this kind of stories just because less advanced people of this world did not understand thier science so they have to make this kind of gimmick to create more interest to read or tell their stories. Like, if you goto a place with full of wild people with a lightgun and helicopter then if you have to explain those things to them how you explain? you explain using our modern science or use something like "It is a great bird with rounding wings in its head and this is a fire arrow (as they don't undertand what is called a gun) which can slay or punished a human in a second." something like that. I also hear or read somewhere that some modern research are started to bilieve that all or maximum number of myth had something real in them. we have to understand those real thing inside all gimmick. thats all.
like thats is true

#20    debmedia

debmedia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

View Postandes_wolf, on 07 June 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

like thats is true
yes

Like Me? No? Dislike me? Whatever. I am a human. And "I Born to give this World something, without any hope to get something in return". Now you Like me? anyway, contact me at debmedia@gmail.com. I am here to get knowledge and share knowledge. East or West, True Knowledge is the best. MUST.....True Knowledge. Remind That. Take care.

Also tagged with norse, myth, mythology, debmedia, scientist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users