Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

UFO spotted over Denver

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#16    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostLilly, on 09 November 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

Hmm...1963 might just be onto something. Could these UFOs simply be spuds launched by some teenagers potato cannon?

I kind of doubt it considering that they say it supposedly wasn't visible to the naked eye.  You'd see a potato I think.

More likely is that these are just bugs and they didn't notice them during the filming.  Our brains tend to filter out things like that especially if our focus is on a distant object or the distant horizon in general.  Bugs tend to just blend into the foreground as far as our perception is concerned under such circumstances.

#17    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Sorry about the earlier post; something 'cropped up' (pun).

Anyway enough of the humour, as I was saying here are the shots I took in Sark overlooking Brecqhou, Jethou, Herm and Guernsey (GB Channel Islands) in Sept 2012:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Zooming in:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now if you freeze the video in post 2 at 3:51 this is the image of the Denver object:

Posted Image

Anyone see a slight resemblance?

The Denver object was moving very rapidly and if this was a similar object that we saw in Sark then it's rapid movement may explain why nobody saw anything.

Curious

Posted Image

#18    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

View Postzoser, on 09 November 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

Anyway enough of the humour, as I was saying here are the shots I took in Sark overlooking Brecqhou, Jethou, Herm and Guernsey (GB Channel Islands) in Sept 2012:

The Denver object was moving very rapidly and if this was a similar object that we saw in Sark then it's rapid movement may explain why nobody saw anything.

Curious
I do see a resemblance, but I think only because they are both distant, blurred objects, both with light and shaded areas.
Did you see the objects with your eyes, or did you only notice them once you looked at the pictures? (the ones you took)

This is reminding me of that thread about the photo with the goats taken in Greece.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#19    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

Listened to the clips again.  Something very strange and not easily explained.  Flying too fast for the naked eye, and has been going on for months according to the presenter which corresponds to the date of my photos.  

Not a bug, not debris (too fast and too regular).

This is an intriguing case.

Posted Image

#20    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 09 November 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

I do see a resemblance, but I think only because they are both distant, blurred objects, both with light and shaded areas.
Did you see the objects with your eyes, or did you only notice them once you looked at the pictures? (the ones you took)

This is reminding me of that thread about the photo with the goats taken in Greece.

No it's more; this is not just a single isolated incident like the Greek photo.  This has been going on for months.  This puts the issue in a different category altogether notwithstanding the correlation with my photos.

Incidently having reviewed my photo collection for the whole day, we found 3 other photos with the same phenomena; the two shots above were the clearest.

Posted Image

#21    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,973 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

View Postzoser, on 09 November 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

[...]

Zooming in:

[...]

Now if you freeze the video in post 2 at 3:51 this is the image of the Denver object:

[...]

Curious

Nice photos, but...
Posted Image

Can you put two cameras one meter (3.28 feet ) apart focused into infinity and take shots while sitting in meadow field? You'll get fancy pictures of bugs (UFO's). Small, but bugs (UFO's)

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#22    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

View Postzoser, on 09 November 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

No it's more; this is not just a single isolated incident like the Greek photo.  This has been going on for months.  This puts the issue in a different category altogether notwithstanding the correlation with my photos.

Incidently having reviewed my photo collection for the whole day, we found 3 other photos with the same phenomena; the two shots above were the clearest.
Since your photos are stills, not video, we can't determine the speed.  Did you see these objects, or did you only notice them in the photos?
"Could be's" have to be considered, an yours could be birds...or bugs...or potatoes...lol.

The video shots from Denver...I don't think they are birds or potatoes.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.

#23    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 09 November 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

Nice photos, but...

Can you put two cameras one meter (3.28 feet ) apart focused into infinity and take shots while sitting in meadow field? You'll get fancy pictures of bugs (UFO's). Small, but bugs (UFO's)

I don't buy it Mr B.  For a start I have five photos with the object.  If it were bugs I would expect to see more than one bug on at least one shot.  This is not the case and each of the five shots has only one object.

That Denver object is no bug.

The very suggestion bugs me.

Posted Image

#24    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,263 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

on the OP/Karlis's vid....the anonymous person who took the film had very hairy arms...

are we sure he was human :unsure2:

Edited by bee, 09 November 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#25    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 09 November 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

Since your photos are stills, not video, we can't determine the speed.  Did you see these objects, or did you only notice them in the photos?
"Could be's" have to be considered, an yours could be birds...or bugs...or potatoes...lol.

The video shots from Denver...I don't think they are birds or potatoes.

Yes only in the photos.  Whatever it was was moving too fast for us; just like the Denver object.  It's only visible on slow playback.

Posted Image

#26    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

View Postbee, on 09 November 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

on the OP/Karlis's vid....the anonymous person who took the film had very hairy arms...

are we sure he was human :unsure2:

Bigfoot!

:w00t:

#27    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

View Postzoser, on 09 November 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

I don't buy it Mr B.  For a start I have five photos with the object.  If it were bugs I would expect to see more than one bug on at least one shot.  This is not the case and each of the five shots has only one object.

That Denver object is no bug.

The very suggestion bugs me.

No matter how many times people say "it's not a bug" will not change the fact that this is the most likely explanation for it.  Making declarations has no impact on the likelihood.

I'm sorry if that bothers you zoser.

#28    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 09 November 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

Synch, they don't need to be distant objects.  In fact, it is extremely unlikely that they are distant objects because the actual distant objects are in pretty good focus.  It is far more likely that they are very small and close to the camera.

#29    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

View Postzoser, on 09 November 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

Yes only in the photos.  Whatever it was was moving too fast for us; just like the Denver object.  It's only visible on slow playback.
So your photos are taken from video?...or were they just snapshots?
If it's video can you post it?

Maybe you didn't register seeing the objects, because they were birds so you took no notice at the time.

#30    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,263 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 09 November 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Bigfoot!

:yes:

LOL