Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rand Paul: Obama thinks he's a King

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,633 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#2    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

People say every president should be impeached. Hating your elected leaders seems a very common thing.

Hardly ever really happens. Talk is fun though.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#3    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,909 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

i got to agree, hardly ever happens, and when it does, it isn't about their policys, or whatnot. it has to be sex scandal.

the only recent politican removed for non sex offece was the guy that tried to sell obama seat. all others i can remember were fired\sues\impeached due to sex scandal.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

He's done nothing impeachable .
Look at who has been impeached,and why .
They wanted Clinton ...couldnt do it.
Bush did nothing impeachable either....so....

Miss me?

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,548 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Well quite.
Has he done anything actionable?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#6    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,633 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

If a President is doing things that an Act of Congress doesn't even have the authority to do, is that actionable?

I don't think that past examples of impeachment limit future examples.   How many years was it until there was a sex scandal that led to impeachment?   Yes they're rare, but not confined by their precedents.

I believe we would be in a better place politically if we had impeached the last three Presidents we've elected.   Including Clinton, not for reasons related to the Monica Lewinsky fiasco, but for the illegal bombing of Sudan and Afghanistan.   I think the unconstitutionality of recent Presidents waging war is the greatest threat the US faces today after our spending problem, though the perpetual war itself is a big part of the spending problem too.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#7    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,548 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

View PostYamato, on 18 January 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

If a President is doing things that an Act of Congress doesn't even have the authority to do, is that actionable?

But are they things the President has the authority to do and the previous 42 people haven't used that power because they didn't need to/didn't want to?

Edited by Wearer of Hats, 18 January 2013 - 02:53 AM.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#8    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,042 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

yeah rand paul is one of the more crazy tea party nut jobs.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#9    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

I dotn even care what Obama says anymore. He lost trust after Sandy Hook by not fact checking the indescrepencies.  Now all I hear is bla bla bla everytime he speaks. I didnt used to feel like that but now I do. If congress and the president cant have the trust of the people then they are ineffective Tyrants not doing the peoples will like they were elected to do.

#10    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,633 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 18 January 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

But are they things the President has the authority to do and the previous 42 people haven't used that power because they didn't need to/didn't want to?
That the previous 42 had but didn't use?  I would hope not, or else where does he get that authority?  

What do you think of the US's behavior in the world over the past 10 years?   What example do you think we've set for the rest of the world to follow?   We have created a moral hazard in the world with these commercialized special-interest wars of aggression in the past decade and its this anti-Constitutional mindset that the President is privileged enough to shirk the Constitutional process that makes this subject so important.   Presidents can't just invent their own powers or circumvent Congress by creating their own laws.   They can administer the laws that are created already based on the authority granted to them by the Constitution.

#11    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,633 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

And if the response to this is "Well, the President has Executive Orders, he doesn't need the Congress", then Rand Paul isn't a nut-job after all and he's right.  The President is acting like a King.  

I don't want to let past precedent ruin the future too, whether it's the lack of impeachments or a host of unconstitutional abuses of power.

#12    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,209 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

so Obama can do what ever with out having a 100 lawyers check his math before doing it lol ya what ever.

The president is no longer accountable for anything.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 18 January 2013 - 05:28 AM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#13    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,633 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

That reminds me of Mitt Romney from 2008

#14    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,536 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 18 January 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

so Obama can do what ever with out having a 100 lawyers check his math before doing it lol ya what ever.

The president is no longer accountable for anything.

He's gotta whole pocket full of free passes.    

In his defense he's batting average for the amount of executive orders he's issued compared to the past few presidents.

...but I won't let him off the hook.... he's a scumbag politician..... works for the globalist scumbags.  They take our jobs.  Make us poorer.

They rig the game in their favor by convincing the dumb that it's in their best interest to bend over and take one up the behind for the team.

lol

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#15    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

If Obama has Rand Paul beheaded for treason then I'll believe he's become a king. Until then it's just politically charged nonsense.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users