Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Schrödinger's cat caught on quantum film

Still Waters

Schrodinger's cat is the poster child for quantum weirdness. Now it has been immortalised in a portrait created by one of the theory's strangest consequences: quantum entanglement.

These images were generated using a cat stencil and entangled photons. The really spooky part is that the photons used to generate the image never interacted with the stencil, while the photons that illuminated the stencil were never seen by the camera.

http://www.newscient...ml#.U_-U1KOg4dU

• Like 3

It has been reported recently that scientists had carried out an experiment to catch schrodingers cay using quantum physics...see new scientist. They show that photons fired at a stencilled image of a cat their entangled photons partners with show the outline of the cat without having seen the original stencil.

Now correct me if iam wrong but by observing the photons that haven't seen the stencil we are still observing the cat, thus meaning that by observation of the subject either remotely, indirectly or otherwise we are having the exact same effect as observing the cat directly??

Hence proving that scientists understand quantum less than they believe they do......or is it that quantum doesn't know what it should be doing until we tell it?

It is quite right to assume that as in quantum photons may well be in every conceivable state until observed at which point the state we see them at is the one inevitable to our observations, unfortunately this does not provide any proof of this or any other theoretical quantum statement.

What doe u think.

I'm not sure I understand JoZ48's conclusion from the experiment. Mayabe he/she can elaborate.