Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

UFOs with Speeds up to 27,000 MPH

ufosfbi green fireballs los alamos project twinkle

• Please log in to reply
471 replies to this topic

#76    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

That said, I also know that Harry Truman could keep a secret if he had to.  During World War II when he was still a senator, he found out about the Manhattan Project and  the atomic bomb.

Secretary of War Henry Stimson called him into his office and said "if you are the patriot you always claim to be, you will forget you ever heard about that and never mention it again."

Truman said nothing more about it again, not even when he became president in April 1945, at least not until Hiroshima and Nagasaki, when of course the whole world knew about it.

#77    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

The 1950s is so long ago, I would say speed limits for UFOs have far exceeded 7-12 m/p/s by now or not? Technology moves with time what do you think Mac?

#78    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

View Posttaniwha, on 23 November 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

The 1950s is so long ago, I would say speed limits for UFOs have far exceeded 7-12 m/p/s by now or not? Technology moves with time what do you think Mac?

I suspect that was not the upper limit of their speed even then, because sometimes it was just literally off the charts, so fast that they couldn't believe it.

Even back then, they were observing these UFOs move up, down and sideways, covering large distances at a speed which for all intents and purposes was just instantaneous--instant movement from point A to Point B.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 23 November 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#79    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

Yes I believe so too. I saw one night a yellowish/white  light-streak, ( only way I can describe it ), was directly high above and lasted a split second.  It just seemed different from the standard shooting star, it didnt blaze out, it just WAS then wasnt if you know what I mean like it just switched off as soon as I saw it. I was still fixed on the dark point it left as it vanished, contemplating the oddity of my thoughts when amazingly, it shot out from its vanishing point at a right angle to its original trajectory! It lasted a fraction of a split second and travelled a split of the distance! No singular light visible just a streak from point A to B. I hope you can make sense of this Mac it has been difficult to put into words.

#80    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,014 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

I have yet to see any ball lighting do a 360 and accelerate back from which it came ! :tsu: .
So Whats ya gonna do when they come for you ? :alien: :no:

This is a Work in Progress!

#81    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

View Posttaniwha, on 23 November 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

Yes I believe so too. I saw one night a yellowish/white  light-streak, ( only way I can describe it ), was directly high above and lasted a split second.  It just seemed different from the standard shooting star, it didnt blaze out, it just WAS then wasnt if you know what I mean like it just switched off as soon as I saw it. I was still fixed on the dark point it left as it vanished, contemplating the oddity of my thoughts when amazingly, it shot out from its vanishing point at a right angle to its original trajectory! It lasted a fraction of a split second and travelled a split of the distance! No singular light visible just a streak from point A to B. I hope you can make sense of this Mac it has been difficult to put into words.

I saw one do something very similar myself, which was when I really knew it had to be something "out of this world", and there are many reports of them moving like that, so fast that it's as if they can be in two places at once.

#82    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,014 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

Its the "I saw one" Thats gets us every time !

#83    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 24 November 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

Its the "I saw one" Thats gets us every time !

It got me too, in a manner of speaking.

#84    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,014 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

Speed sha-speedle,we dont need no stinkin Speed Limits ! This afterall is mans idea to have a speed limit ! Our physics Our ideas, I believe that theres travel that far out paces our belief systems !
Put your own numbers to it ! Point of reference is indeed a good starting point to begin with ! :tsu:

#85    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,603 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 23 November 2012 - 07:09 AM, said:

If you read the other items I posted, that was hardly his only criterion for arriving at his conclusions.

and do you seriously believe that 6 decades ago he had all the answers as to what uaps could or couldn't do?

http://en.wikipedia..../Inductive_bias

#86    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,603 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 23 November 2012 - 07:11 AM, said:

I do not agree with the premise that a UAP is always and everywhere the same thing as a UFO

can you specifically point out the differences?

#87    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,603 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 23 November 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

Certainly I'm not going to set myself up as an expert on plasmas and ball lightning, but my understanding of it is that is is a very short-duration phenomenon and not easily confused with the types of UFOs being discussed in cases like these.

and you still haven't answered my earlier question, so i'll re-phrase, how long do formed aerial plasmas last i.e. maximum duration according to you?

#88    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,603 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 23 November 2012 - 07:41 AM, said:

Source: HOW SCIENTISTS TRACKED A FLYING SAUCER

in a tea daze?

#89    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 24 November 2012 - 04:09 AM, said:

in a tea daze?

As I said, you're just here to joke around, not respond to anything I posted on these UFO cases.

#90    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 24 November 2012 - 03:50 AM, said:

and do you seriously believe that 6 decades ago he had all the answers as to what uaps could or couldn't do?

These were UAPs, as anyone can see, and were sometimes even called that at the time, but they certainly weren't the same kind you're thinking of.  LOL  Not even close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users