Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seal Team 6 book and the Sixth Sense

Chooky88

I just started reading Seal Team Six. The author says US Navy Seals are trained NOT to look directly at their target until ready to shoot them. This is because unlike animals, humans have a sixth sense that means they may pick up the sniper!

Interesting .Cats don't look you directly in the eye either,unless they are very tame,as direct eye contact means they are challenging to a fight .

I imagine that it also keeps the shooter from considering for long on the humanity of a target. Even deadly enemies are apt to invoke pity.

• Like 1

I just started reading Seal Team Six. The author says US Navy Seals are trained NOT to look directly at their target until ready to shoot them. This is because unlike animals, humans have a sixth sense that means they may pick up the sniper!

There are other legitimate reasons.

If I set up a quarter mile from you with a sniper rifle, you'd never know what hit you whether I looked at you or not.

There are other legitimate reasons.

If I set up a quarter mile from you with a sniper rifle, you'd never know what hit you whether I looked at you or not.

I'm sure I wouldn't but what are the other reasons? I ask because I hunt. (feral goats and Foxes mostly)

Animals have it to. I am a bow hunter and you must not look at the animal while stalking it. Rupart sheldrake has done impressive research on this.

This is interesting - any more information on this 'don't look at your target' stuff? (human or animal)

This is interesting - any more information on this 'don't look at your target' stuff? (human or animal)

Native Americans knew it aswell. I learned it studying native American bow hunting techniques even experimented with it in the field.

Sheldrake has done research on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwEuA4MRM1o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You get you target. Line up your shot. A wait for the right moment to put the trigger. You don't look at your target as human. You think of it just being a target nothing more. That book doesn't tell you everything a SEAL Team 6.

SEALTeam 6 is the beat of the best. You don't get assigned to SEAL Team 6. You have to try out of it.