Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Other side of gun ownership

• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#16    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,314 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

In this instance the burglar could have easily just robbed the house and simply left the woman and kids alone. He chose to break down 3 doors attempting to get at them. I highly suspect the woman and children would not have been left alive. She did the right thing by shooting this sorry excuse for a human being.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#17    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,613 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

So we should put the onus on the gun owner to decipher the motive of a home invader in real time while the intruder is in their home before we can conclude that shooting becomes the right thing to do?    That's not gonna happen.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#18    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,443 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 09 January 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

I wonder what the bleeding heart anti gun people would have done in this situation? My guess is that they will ignore this thread.

They would delude themselves into pretending it did not happen.

#19    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,903 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 09 January 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

They would delude themselves into pretending it did not happen.
+1

they didn't show up in this thread yet, wonder why.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#20    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,478 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

I heard a story the other day on the radio that never made national news, so they said. I don't remember it. Anyhow, August 31, 2010 at a school in Tennessee a gunman attempting a mass shooting was shot dead after a long standoff inside the school. That school had armed guards. There's a lot more to the story but you get the relevance. If the good guys had no guns there would be at least 3+x innocent people dead. Since the good guys did, there are only two pieces dead crap instead.

Posted Image

#21    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,632 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

View Postaztek, on 09 January 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

+1

they didn't show up in this thread yet, wonder why.

They'll just claim it's an anomaly.  It's not, but they'll swear it is.  I had to read in one of the other threads that one poster never sees these stories in the news, just the murder of innocents and that's why we should ban guns (LOL).  You can't argue with that kind of ignorance.  Well, I'm afraid you don't read those stories because only dead children and innocents make 'journalists' euphoric. They absolutely love it.  A home invasion, self-defense killing is just plain ol' boring.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#22    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

The whitehouse response: http://news.yahoo.co...-164128551.html

(sorry for the slight derail. I did this article 3 days ago, This is a great pro gun event for sure and shes lucky to be alive as she ran out of ammo)

#23    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,792 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

I've told this before but it bears repeating I think.  About 15 years ago in Pensacola Florida a guy (idiot) went into his front yard and fired off his handgun (overhead) to disrupt a fight by three of his neighbors.  They turned on him and pursued him into his house, down the hall into his bedroom and were trying to kick in the closet door when he finally started shooting.  He killed all 3 and the grand jury refused to file charges!  What he did was cowboy to the nth degree but what they did was Darwin award stoopid also...
Some people shouldn't own guns and I think this guy is an example of that but if keeping them out of the hands of a defenseless mother who's trying to protect her children is the price of derailing potential stupidity by others then I say NO WAY!!!  As an aside - she should be taught to fire at center mass ;)

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#24    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,288 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

That must have been a rough neighborhood in Pensacola.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#25    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

Thank goodness her kids didn't answer the door.

It's hard to argue against this womans right to protect herself and her kids.  Too bad she didn't end that piece of garbage.

#26    MstrMsn

MstrMsn

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

• "If you don't like the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question!"

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

View Postand then, on 10 January 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

As an aside - she should be taught to fire at center mass ;)

Or go with a semi-auto. Or larger caliber. Or hollow points.....

Honestly, with the amount of adrenaline flowing through her, she's lucky to have hit the guy at all.

We are born with 2 fears: Falling, and loud noises, all others are LEARNED.
You say fear is all in the mind. I say you are right; for it is our imagination that makes things seem scary.
If you want to learn how to not be afraid, ask.

#27    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,536 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

View Postand then, on 10 January 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

I've told this before but it bears repeating I think.  About 15 years ago in Pensacola Florida a guy (idiot) went into his front yard and fired off his handgun (overhead) to disrupt a fight by three of his neighbors.  They turned on him and pursued him into his house, down the hall into his bedroom and were trying to kick in the closet door when he finally started shooting.  He killed all 3 and the grand jury refused to file charges!  What he did was cowboy to the nth degree but what they did was Darwin award stoopid also...
Some people shouldn't own guns and I think this guy is an example of that but if keeping them out of the hands of a defenseless mother who's trying to protect her children is the price of derailing potential stupidity by others then I say NO WAY!!!  As an aside - she should be taught to fire at center mass ;)

best post you've made all week bud

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#28    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,536 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

People are going to freak if Obama goes executive order on this issue.  The GOV will have created the problem.  It would have initiated new violence.  Never forget this.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#29    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

Wow, a justified shooting ! is it the first for the new year? All you pro gunners  must be tickled pink , who's winning now. Justified shootings verses unjustified, score anyone?

#30    Realm

Realm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

View Posts33ker, on 10 January 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

Wow, a justified shooting ! is it the first for the new year? All you pro gunners  must be tickled pink , who's winning now. Justified shootings verses unjustified, score anyone?

Better than reading "Mother and two children murdered in Georgia attic." No, we aren't tickled pink, the guy lived.

Those that mistake my meekness for weakness, suddenly find themselves destroyed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users