Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Woman claims she smelled God during NDE

crystal mcvea smelled god nde heaven

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,637 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

A guest on Tuesday’s edition of “Fox and Friends” claims she smelled God during a recent near-death experience.

“I saw an immense brightness. A brightness I could feel, touch, taste, hear, smell that infused me.” Not like I had five senses but more like I had 500 senses,” Crystal McVea, author of a new e-book, “Waking Up in Heaven: A True Story of Brokenness, Heaven, and Life Again,” told Fox host Gretchen Carlson.

http://news.yahoo.co...-221225824.html

Posted Image

#2    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

That reminds me of a story called "The Smell of Rain" that I read a while ago.  It was about a premature baby, who  recalled when she was older that God smelled like rain.  http://www.truthorfi...smellofrain.htm  It was a story that stuck with me.

#3    pitchp

pitchp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

Most, if not all people that have had experienced an NDE, no longer fear death. I've had an NDE. I welcome death to all it's glory

"The truth is out there. We are all searching for it."
   PitchP

#4    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Smells Like Teen Spirit.

#5    doppleganger2015

doppleganger2015

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

• The more normal something appears to be
    The more insane it actually is.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Pork and Beans will do it  every time. :tu:

#6    ShadowBoy86x

ShadowBoy86x

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

she tasted god? dirty girl

#7    highdesert50

highdesert50

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

While science has begun to describe how the NDE occurs within the brain, the fascinating aspect this experience is the why. Why so many spiritual experiences? Are we ultimately spiritual beings entrapped in a physical mass of living cells on an evolutionary precipice?

#8    Mac E

Mac E

Mass Confuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

• If you can't convince them, confuse them.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

So wait, she was in heaven or she saw the creator or both?  Who was she negotiating with?  This story lacks detail.  Maybe the detail was in the vdeo, but it's blocked at work.

In the beginning there were only probabilities. The universe could only come into existence if someone observed it. It does not matter that the observers turned up several billion years later. The universe exists because we are aware of it.

Martin Rees (1942) Astrophysicist

#9    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,119 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

So what does God smell like????? raindrops on roses & whiskers on kittens?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#10    ash68

ash68

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• It doesn't matter what you think you are,but what you think,you are
    Celsus

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

I imagine he's quite smelly due to being alive for an eternity,no mention of personal hygiene being maintained in the Bible etc

#11    fran123

fran123

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

On a similar track some years ago a good friend of mine was working in A&E in his local hospital. he was a qualified anaesthetist. A man was brought in suffering from cardiac arrest, unconscious, and he was someone my friend knew. They eventually brought him round and to initially save him the trauma of what he had been through my friend decided not to tell him how close he was to dying, he told him he had fainted. The patient then told him not to talk such nonsense as he knew exactly what had happened and described in detail what procedures, and what equipment had been used, to save his life. When my friend asked him how he knew he was told it was because he was floating near the ceiling of the room watching what they were doing to his body. Even if you find this difficult to believe it does beg the question, how, if you are lying flat on your back with people all around you, could you possibly see exactly what was going on? The only way he could have seen what was being done to him was from above and my friend was 100% convinced that this man was literally at a stage between life and death.

#12    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Frustrating... I want to know what God smelled like to her but I don't want to buy her book just to find that out.   I guess I'll have to wait for my own death... Assuming there is a God, it's the same as hers, and that I'll go to heaven...

Edited by Lava_Lady, 05 April 2013 - 04:35 PM.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#13    Th3HitmaN

Th3HitmaN

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

• "Those who believe no explanation is necessary - Those who do not no explanation is possible"

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

wanna know what i smell?, BULLSH*T

#14    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• 1,319 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

High desert 50,that is what many dualists like the Cathars believed.That the soul was created by  the Good God and that the demiurgeor Satan created the material world  and imprisoned bits of light ie:the soul into material bodies.That  we had to go back to the Good God and be free of the material world.

My dad was a vet of three wars,,World War 2,Korea and Vietnam. He was wounded and still had some schrapnel he carried around.Fighting in combat is as close as one can get to death. With all the death and descruction around I doubt he was trying to smell God in any way shape or form.I have never heard anyone say that before.
She may have had the experience,but no one smells God.

#15    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,903 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

No no no! They've got it all wrong. The poor woman collapsed and suffered her NDE on the dockside at Felixstowe near the fishmarket. When she regained consciousness, the paramedic asked her how she was, and she replied, "I can smell cod!"

(I posted that just for the halibut!")    Posted Image

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users