Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time Travel

SoulMatrix

Although we are in present 2005 where there is no such time machine invented yet, there have been multiple studies and physics that tell us we can travel in time forward and back. Note: It is very hard. I just happen to have red some good articles with good points and good evidence. For one, If you move close to the speed of light or sit in a strong gravitational field, you experience time more slowly than other people do--another way of saying that you travel into their future. Or two, which is another way to travel ahead, is to get in a space vehicle which is prepared for all the dangers that come when traveling through a black hole. A black hole has such a strong gravitational field and some have much much stronger gravitational fields. With this said, since a black hole has so much gravitational fields, when you go through it, your passage of time would slow down. It would slow way down. Heres an analogy, IMagine in your mind that your on such an advanced space ship with all the capabilities of space travel. Now your in it. Well since your the leader in your own mind of your ship, go ahead and travel through a black hole. Because you always wondered what it would be like to travel through one. One other thing Imagine all this in the year we are in right now. If your going to travel through a black hole and think you'll come back to c your mom or whoever you know, then your crazy. Because while you may think u can come back and c your mom, u actually might of went a thousand or millions of years ahead. Here are some sites: Note: One of them may not be about time traveling. And I'am here to say that although I said its possible, all this stuff can or might be impossible. No one knows for sure or can prove this anyhow. And I got some of my info from The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene.

Links:

http://www.ufoarea.com/physics_cosmology_h...me_machine.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/364496.stm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050506/ap_on_...travelers_party

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SoulMatrix

• Amalgamut

• convert-proof

• cAvEmAndrEw

Hmmmmmmmm...... it would be really cool if there was time travel, but at the same time it would mess up everything in the process. But, good information... thumbsup.gif

Hmmmmmmmm...... it would be really cool if there was time travel, but at the same time it would mess up everything in the process. But, good information... thumbsup.gif

609117[/snapback]

Thx British Gurl.

I can understand time travel, in terms of going into the future.

But it's impossible to travel back in time. Only forwards, and thats only relative.

I beieve it would be possibble. The question is, SHOULD it be possibble

Nuclear weapons are one thing, but what happenes when time travel is unleashed on a war? On a minor dispute between friends, even?

But it's impossible to travel back in time. Only forwards, and thats only relative.

609121[/snapback]

And to think Marty Keeps going back to the 50s to c his parents wasnt enough, Going back in time in real life is just not possible. Or Maybe?

The reply is about Back to the Future Series. LOL just makig sure. Because maybe not everyones heard that movie before. And I know I know. Its only Hollywood Magic.

Actually, I can only see travveling into the past

The past has happened. there is a clear series of events and physichal / spiritual properities and planes you can visit. however, if you tried totravel to the futre would there not be many possibble futres? Would simply seeing them be enough to change it?

I beieve it would be possibble. The question is, SHOULD it be possibble

Nuclear weapons are one thing, but what happenes when time travel is unleashed on a war? On a minor dispute between friends, even?

609122[/snapback]

Well thats another issue dude. But I know where your coming from. It would be both good and bad. Good cause maybe we could of prevented WW1 and 2. And Bad, because if someone from 2150 brings a whole new type of Nulcear Bombs not Hydrogen or Uranium or Plutonium, then there would be a disaster. Or that person from the future might of have came back to help one side destroy another.

Umm... where have experiments shown you can move back into the past though...

not for now...but maybe within later years...

Im gonna watch "back to the future" now

Edited by whoa182

I doubt its possible, to master the 4th dimension. I mean, if we could travel into the past, even if not for another hundred years or more, wouldn't you think we'd be seeing 'future people' around?

609121[/snapback]

exactly, time travel will never be an instantaneous thing, it will require relativity

The past has happened. there is a clear series of events and physichal / spiritual properities and planes you can visit. however, if you tried totravel to the futre would there not be many possibble futres? Would simply seeing them be enough to change it?

traveling into the past would not be possible because of what you just stated, the past has allready been written, it would be impossible to go back and change it where as traveling into the unwritten future would not have an effect....however we dont even know if the future is happening right now and that we are actually the past of them, making traveling into to the future just as impossible!

Here's a good brainteaser.

3 different universes. 1st universe is the center, time is slow, people are big. 2nd universe time moves a bit faster, people are smaller, 3rd universe, real fast, people real-real-real small... All connected like a triangle.

What happens if someone comes out of the 1st universe and into the 2nd? Big Bang maybe?? Then ripples in time until time no longer exists and 3 universes are bridged, connected, time stops... hehe

Just thinking out loud. thumbsup.gif

AM

Satellite Discoveries

Has there ever been a debate on whether time-travel would ever be made possible or not. If not, I strongly advise you, SoulMatrix, suggest the topic in the debates board, to help voice your point in a healthy argumentative environment! (I sound like a geek, I know!) Whatsmore, you will be judged on your performance and such, and could come out victorious. thumbsup.gif

Has there ever been a debate on whether time-travel would ever be made possible or not. If not, I strongly advise you, SoulMatrix, suggest the topic in the debates board, to help voice your point in a healthy argumentative environment! (I sound like a geek, I know!) Whatsmore, you will be judged on your performance and such, and could come out victorious.  thumbsup.gif

610309[/snapback]

Heh. Thx Elvis. I never really thought about that. I might do it or might not. But thx for your support. And no u dont sound like a geek lol. original.gif

since when do we understand black holes?

It is very possible to travel foward in time. It is traveling back in time that is unlikely. Even if we could though, it wouldn't change history. For example, let's say someone invented a time machine to go back in time and change an event and then was successful in changing that event. Their past self would grow up without being motivated with a desire to change that event and would never of created a time machine in the first place. So without the invention of the time machine the event could never of been changed. It would result in a paradox. If they were to create a time machine and then go back in time and inadvertently effect history, it would be an effect that had already happened when they created the time machine, and therefore by going back in time they kept the timeline as we know it intact. Overall, it's a very strange idea, and could make someone's head hurt just from thinking about the endless possibilities.

I belive that if you did travel back/forward in time, no one else would be there with you. for example:

If you traveld back in time, every object on earth would be here exept living people. so if you was to go back one hour ago, no one else would be there sept you. same with going forward, only with in a matter of time everyone else would catch up to you. kinda like in the movie "Steven King's - The Langoleres" (Spelling)

cause if there was people with you, that means you just "duped/copied" everything. the one man who gos back in time gos alonr, everyone else continues on with life. so if there was people with him back in time, there would be copies of people etc.

Sketch

Edited by SketcHacker

my God people, we can't even go into black holes-for if they existed they would rip us apart atom by atom. Nothing can survive, unless alien.gif have XTREMELY advanced technolegy that can withstand that pull, no.gif but unlikely.

if we go into a blackhole, we can't tell what will happen. The imense gravity inside the event horizon breaks all laws of physics. As i said into the post "Black holes into another dimension" or something like that, there is only one possible blackhole that we have the slightest chance of surviving. Who knows, time might stop inside black holes hmm.gif . We can't tell. For mor einfo, read :The Universe in a Nutshell by Stephen Hawkings.

and therefore by going back in time they kept the timeline as we know it intact. 

612771[/snapback]

that hit the dime! thumbsup.gif if timetravel is possible, the effects would have already happened, NO PARADOX! It would keep the timeline in tact! well said Original! thumbsup.gif

609132[/snapback]

If you were to travel into the past, you would be around people who exist with a future ahead of them in which you came from. Who is to say that your future is not a past?

I belive that if you did travel back/forward in time, no one else would be there with you. for example:

If you  traveld back in time, every object on earth would be here exept living people. so if you was to go back one hour ago, no one else would be there sept you. same with going forward, only with in a matter of time everyone else would catch up to you. kinda like in the movie "Steven King's - The Langoleres" (Spelling)

cause if there was people with you, that means you just "duped/copied" everything. the one man who gos back in time gos alonr, everyone else continues on with life. so if there was people with him back in time, there would be copies of people etc.

Sketch

615361[/snapback]

You believe that people are special enough to be made out of some sort of magical matter that prevents them from being in the past like every other object in the universe? Wow, how conceited.

no one has responded to my question so i ask it again, since when do we understand what blackholes are and how they work?

no one has responded to my question so i ask it again, since when do we understand what blackholes are and how they work?

617544[/snapback]

The only way a black hole could be used for time travel would be to stand on the edge, without being sucked in (however this would be impossible) and this would only be relative to time as to a person who was on earth.