Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Crop circle nonsense

crop circle circles fake hoax

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 August 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

The discussion by Rob Buckle (See Post 2), goes into a lot of detail about how the circle makers (people) themselves admit that there is unexplainable phenomena at play.

Apologies; I got the wrong thread.

Posted Image

#32    HDesiato

HDesiato

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

View Postjugoso, on 20 August 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Cīmon all you people who are so sure that ALL crop circles are bunk. I offered some links and definite points for discussion. How about someone explain these results.

http://www.cropcircl...iophysical.html
  (From your link)

The samples were processed by Kenneth and Rosemary Spelman in accordance with a procedure approved in the German Government's "Pharmacopoeia for Homeopathy" for spagyric preparations- a process normally used in the diagnosis of human blood samples.

Honestly not trolling here. I'm skeptical of the method used "... in accordance with a procedure approved in the German Government's "Pharmacopoeia for Homeopathy" for spagyric preparations."
The word "Homeopathy" really stood out. Also "spagyric preparations". (an alchemy reference?)
I doubt this is taken seriously in peer reviewed journals.

#33    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

View PostHDesiato, on 21 August 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

I know it isnt.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#34    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

View PostAtlantia, on 20 August 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

What 1% are they?

I Am Sure That Not ALL Of Them Are Man Made .. I'm Not Saying Aliens Did Them, But Nature Works In Mysterious Way ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#35    Harlequin Dreamer

Harlequin Dreamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Dear Optimist,Pessimist,and Realist, While you guys are busy arguing about a glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:01 AM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 20 August 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

Wow, just watched the video in full-screen in the dark (not recommended) and I am concerned that I have just been hypnotised...
Lol I know what you mean I now have an urge to buy a Kaleidoscope and a swirly icecream wtf. :w00t:

#36    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

View PostHDesiato, on 21 August 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

(From your link)

Honestly not trolling here. I'm skeptical of the method used "... in accordance with a procedure approved in the German Government's "Pharmacopoeia for Homeopathy" for spagyric preparations."
The word "Homeopathy" really stood out. Also "spagyric preparations". (an alchemy reference?)

Thanks for the response and I certainly don´t consider you to be trolling. In fact your resonse was exactly the kind of critique I was hoping for. I  am no expert on the subject and freely admit that I am not familiar with some of the terminology and lack the time and inclination to spend what little free time examining all relevent information around crop circles. If the studies haven´t been reviewed in peer journals, I am skeptical also. We can file that under "sketchy" if you´d like. I would certainly appreciate your comments on this paper published in PHYSIOLOGIA PLANTARIUM 92: 356-363.1994 .

Levengood, who has published over 50 papers in scientific journals, documented numerous changes in the plants from the formations. Most dramatic were grossly elongated plant nodes (the "knuckles" along the stem) and "expulsion cavities" -- holes literally blown open at the nodes -- caused by the heating of internal moisture from exposure to intense bursts of radiation. The steam inside the stems escaped by either stretching the nodes or, in less elastic tissue, exploding out like a potato bursting open in a microwave oven.
Seeds taken from the plants and germinated in the lab showed significant alterations in growth, as compared with controls. Effects varied from an inability to develop seeds to a massive increase in growth rate -- depending on the species, the age of the plants when the circle was created and the intensity of the energy system involved.
These anomalies were also found in tufts of standing plants inside crop circles -- clearly not a result of mechanical flattening -- and in patches of randomly downed crops found near the geometric designs. These facts suggested some kind of natural, but unknown, force at work.
Published in Physiologia Plantarum (1994), the international journal of the European Societies of Plant Physiology, Levengood's data showed that "plants from crop circles display anatomical alterations which cannot be explained by assuming the formations are hoaxes." He defined a "genuine" formation as one "produced by external energy forces independent of human influence.

You can read the full study here: http://www.bltresear.../anatomical.php

Thanks again!!

View PostHazzard, on 21 August 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

I know it isnt.

OK....If you say so Hazzard ;)

Edited by jugoso, 22 August 2012 - 02:36 AM.

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#37    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

Actually, i guess i do have more time to spend looking at this than I´d mentioned :P . I found this article which weakens the credibility of the study.

" while he uses various control plants for his experiments, nowhere in the papers I reviewed [1,2,3,4] is there any mention of the work being conducted in double-blind manner so as to minimize the effects of experimenter bias"

http://www.csicop.or...plant_research/

Back to the drawing board :rofl:

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#38    THE INTERPETER

THE INTERPETER

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:20 AM

View PostNinhursag, on 21 August 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

I Am Sure That Not ALL Of Them Are Man Made .. I'm Not Saying Aliens Did Them, But Nature Works In Mysterious Way ..

Ninhursag,All crop circles are the made by Aliens. These are the evil ones mentioned in the Holy Bible,also known as the Nephilim. They will return on Dec 21, 2012 and are making thier presense known.

#39    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

View PostTHE INTERPETER, on 22 August 2012 - 04:20 AM, said:

Ninhursag,All crop circles are the made by Aliens. These are the evil ones mentioned in the Holy Bible,also known as the Nephilim. They will return on Dec 21, 2012 and are making thier presense known.

This is a bit of a superstitious take on the subject.  The problem with your conjecture is that there are many different strains of visitors reported.  Just to class them all as 'devils' or 'Nephilim' isn't doing the phenomena justice.  I would recommend putting the bible down for a while and investigating some other sources.

Just a suggestion.

Posted Image

#40    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

Why would beings capable of interplanetary travel be so obsessed with flattening out crops? :hmm:

#41    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

View PostLrak, on 22 August 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

Why would beings capable of interplanetary travel be so obsessed with flattening out crops? :hmm:

I'm not sure, but if your only way of communicating across vast distances was to influence another planets vegetation, what better place would you target other than crops?  You know that they will be discovered by people harvesting them.

Not saying that this is likely, just trying to answer your question.

#42    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

View PostLrak, on 22 August 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

I thought it was supposed to be where thier ships landed?

#43    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 22 August 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

I thought it was supposed to be where thier ships landed?

I'd expect the crops to be burnt to a crisp, or an alien ship on top of the circle. But that's just me.

#44    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostLrak, on 22 August 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

I'd expect the crops to be burnt to a crisp, or an alien ship on top of the circle. But that's just me.
Ha Ha! Me too. I dont know much about them but I thought that's what the original theory was. The ground wasnt burnt because we didnt know what their propulsion was.

Your post made me laugh - gave me an image of someone saying "Move that intergalactic spaceship out the way! I want to see the crop circle!"

#45    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 22 August 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

Ha Ha! Me too. I dont know much about them but I thought that's what the original theory was. The ground wasnt burnt because we didnt know what their propulsion was.

Your post made me laugh - gave me an image of someone saying "Move that intergalactic spaceship out the way! I want to see the crop circle!"

Ha ha :D

That'll be the day :)

Also tagged with crop, circle, circles, fake, hoax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users