Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saudi captures 'animal' in desert

Pendekar Timur

That is so stupid, it is a dog. Poor thing it just needs some TLC. But I bet it won't get it, though, because a lot of Muslims believe dogs are unclean animals. I hope some animal rescue steps in and saves it. :hmm:

• Like 5

It's a neglected dog poor thing. One of these -

http://en.wikipedia...._Cocker_Spaniel

Someone probably dumped it.

I own a Cocker Spaniel and knew that's exactly what this 'dog-like creature' was the minute I saw the photograph. Poor thing needs a good grooming.

• Like 2

I tell you, if this story is true they think it is some kind of monster, it really makes them look like monsters unworthy of the price of what little bit of the gas I put in my van. One thing about Brits and Americans is we love dogs and we are their oil customers. Cars will run on french fry oil. :td:

I will say that this is an excellent example of people's descriptions not matching up with what they are reporting. This is obviously a Cocker Spaniel, who is in dire need of some serious grooming, and feeding and very likely some time spent with a good vet to be sure it's ok. However, we can all clearly see this is a dog, not some strange and bizarre creature.

I recall I was watching "Mountain Monsters" and on one episode they were after a hog like creature that was said to be super tall, very powerful, made horrible sounds and seemed to be stalking people. Well, in this rare case they actually captured the creature and it was nothing more than an oversized hog which had simply lost it's natural fear of humans and had discovered that where there were humans there was usually something to eat.

While the show is only good for some comic relief at times, and I still can't help but laugh at the young, really obese guy and the one fellow who doesn't seem to be all on the same page at times. Oh my!

Dog-like creature draws much interest

Look here : post-3715-0-82234600-1414507915_thumb.jp

link :

http://www.emirates2...-10-27-1.567801

its legs look like a bird...and what do you think?

Its a dog with mange and deformities. His claws have not been trimmed for a very long time if ever. Poor thing.

I had a similar experience earlier today.

A cat-like creature approached me in my backyard. It made a cat-like mewing sound which didn't stop until I put some food in a bowl for it to eat. It then looked at me like I was something it had trodden in, and left without a word of thanks.

I wonder what it was.

• Like 2

I had a similar experience earlier today.

A cat-like creature approached me in my backyard. It made a cat-like mewing sound which didn't stop until I put some food in a bowl for it to eat. It then looked at me like I was something it had trodden in, and left without a word of thanks.

I wonder what it was.

So that's where my Charlotte takes off to? Stop it, Arbenol, she's getting tubby.

• Like 1

Surely there is a rule about posting tripe like this?

Surely there is a rule about posting tripe like this?

Well, considering that misidentification is a significant factor of cryptozoology it's important to show that sometimes that's all it is.

• Like 1

Well, considering that misidentification is a significant factor of cryptozoology it's important to show that sometimes that's all it is.

Definitely. :tu:

This one just goes a bit too far... its a dog.

but it's eyes are glowing! it's obviously some sort of evil monstrosity!

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck"

(replace 'duck' with 'dog') :lol:

That is so stupid, it is a dog. Poor thing it just needs some TLC. But I bet it won't get it, though, because a lot of Muslims believe dogs are unclean animals. I hope some animal rescue steps in and saves it. :hmm:

Unfortunately this is true, many misinformed Muslims behave bad with dogs, mostly but not restricted to part of the world mentioned in the article. In the end it is one more thing that makes bad picture of Islam while it is clear that dogs, among all other animals, are all God's creation and must be treated with respect.

I had to go trough many literature works and speak to some representatives of Islam here in my country - only after i have researched this subject did my mother allow me to get a dog and keep him in house. Only thing that is important is that room where my mother is praying must be clean, no dog allowed inside but i try to keep him in my part of house on other floor. With time even people from my street ( mostly Muslims ) started to love him but there was a lot of comments and i did fight with some people because they insulted my dog. Today we live in harmony, i can't understand a person who could harm animal, especially if that person consider him self a believer.

Ah, the legendary Islamacabra of Arabia Felix, as reported by Lawrence.