Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

North Koreans defecting to Japan,die en route

north korea japan

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,208 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

http://www.japantoda...r_2012-11-29_AM

North Koreans trying to escape communist Korea,have been sailing to China for years. Recently ,they have been trying to get to Japan instead .

Not all of them make it .
A wooden boat ,with hard to read Korean glyphs,has been found on Sado Island ,which is an island in the Sea of Japan.
Bodies in an advanced stage of decay ,with belongings strewn around ,were inside the boat .
The exact number of bodies has yet to be determined ,but they estimate 5 .

All dragons know that story.
What was to be their hope became their doom; a spoiled ungrateful child was given a great gift and destroyed it!

#2    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,145 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hmmm.... didn't know that the Japanese even accepted North Korean "defectors"
China I can see doing this.

But for Japan...
Would be SOOOOOoooo hard to tell if they were true defectors or terrorist plants.

#3    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,595 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Think they had trouble of the sea and died Naturally

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,208 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

View Postpallidin, on 29 November 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

Hmmm.... didn't know that the Japanese even accepted North Korean "defectors"
China I can see doing this.

But for Japan...
Would be SOOOOOoooo hard to tell if they were true defectors or terrorist plants.
Well I took poetic license with the word defecting,as I wasn't sure what else to call it.
I do not think they even have defector policy ,but once the Koreans are there....
Who knows. If they go by boat ,they can land ,and maybe fly out with fake passports .
I would guess that's the plan .
And I dunno about terrorists .Chances are good,north Korea has spies all over Japan ,placed with ease .

What was to be their hope became their doom; a spoiled ungrateful child was given a great gift and destroyed it!

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,208 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 29 November 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

Think they had trouble of the sea and died Naturally
Well,the distance between Korea and Japan is quite small. They couldn't be out at seas longer than even ten days .
They were all still on the boat,which makes it sound like they died in there ...and the boat crash landed on the island .
Dunno. Or there were others alive ,and the dead were left behind.
Let me see just how inhabited Sado island is.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Sado,_Niigata

Ok,its right there,in between Japan and Korea. On a boat ,even adrift ,couldn't be more than 7 days ..
.The main city is Sado,which is the entire island . It's off Niigata prefecture on the west coast .
I assume there's a lot of deserted coastline to land on ,and its cold up there during the winter .It's just next to Nagano  ,which is where the winter Olympics were held .

Japan has a coast guard ,but they seem a bit lax when it comes to security .
Population of the island is 63,000.
It's an idelic tourist attraction in nicer weather.

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 29 November 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#6    Andami

Andami

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

I doubt Japan would have accepted them anyway. The Japanese do not like Koreans very much. Or any foreigners for that matter.

#7    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,208 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

View PostAndami, on 30 November 2012 - 04:36 AM, said:

I doubt Japan would have accepted them anyway. The Japanese do not like Koreans very much. Or any foreigners for that matter.
Plenty of Koreans live in Japan ,and there's a Korea town in Tokyo. Learning Korean was all the rage a few years back .They also love a lot of k pop bands ,but recent tensions have made liking anything Korean ,frowned upon ......for now .
Koreans are cooler than the Chinese there,for sure .

It's not cool to marry a Korean,and half Korean kids are teased .If a Korean man marries a Japanese woman,they use her family name as the surname,so no one knows one of them is Korean .

That's really neither here nor there though .

They deport anyone they feel doesn't belong ,and they love FAMOUS foreigners plenty .

#8    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,272 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 30 November 2012 - 05:23 AM, said:

Plenty of Koreans live in Japan ,and there's a Korea town in Tokyo. Learning Korean was all the rage a few years back .They also love a lot of k pop bands ,but recent tensions have made liking anything Korean ,frowned upon ......for now .
Koreans are cooler than the Chinese there,for sure .

It's not cool to marry a Korean,and half Korean kids are teased .If a Korean man marries a Japanese woman,they use her family name as the surname,so no one knows one of them is Korean .

That's really neither here nor there though .

They deport anyone they feel doesn't belong ,and they love FAMOUS foreigners plenty .

Sounds like a very racist country.  I heard that generations later, the Koreans that were forced to work in Japan during WWII and stayed there after the war, were never allowed to gain Japanese citizenship.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#9    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,208 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostBlackRedLittleDevil, on 30 November 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

Sounds like a very racist country.  I heard that generations later, the Koreans that were forced to work in Japan during WWII and stayed there after the war, were never allowed to gain Japanese citizenship.
If you're not Japanese by blood,you don't get citizenship .
It's all about the blood.
You can live there your entire life ,and you will never get citizenship .
If you marry a Japanese ,your kids can be citizens ,but you just get permanent residency status .

#10    OUTSIDER F-XILES

OUTSIDER F-XILES

I'm not a Mutant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 30 November 2012 - 05:23 AM, said:

Ok, i'm not trying to be stereotype here, but how can they tell a korean or a half korean from a japanese? I mean, they're a lot similar, not like say a Japanese man and a bangladeshi for instance.. where the differences are more clear.

#11    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostSpace_Jockey, on 30 November 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

Ok, i'm not trying to be stereotype here, but how can they tell a korean or a half korean from a japanese? I mean, they're a lot similar, not like say a Japanese man and a bangladeshi for instance.. where the differences are more clear.
Unfortunately there's no answer on that one...when a country has a policy, because they think that this policy is right , they won't change it, no matter what we all say...

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#12    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,208 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostSpace_Jockey, on 30 November 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

T
Well when I kid enters school,they usually already know the kids heritage ,or the child says so ,and they get teased all through school .
Also,there is a distinctive bone structure .
They claim to be able to tell from bone structure.
I do see a difference in the shape of the face ,personally .The Japanese have very different nose structure too.
Just because they all "look the same" to outsiders,doesn't mean they don't look very different to one another.
Most people cannot even tell the differences between the languages,which are as different as English to Spanish to them.

#13    OUTSIDER F-XILES

OUTSIDER F-XILES

I'm not a Mutant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 30 November 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

Well when I kid enters school,they usually already know the kids heritage ,or the child says so ,and they get teased all through school .
Also,there is a distinctive bone structure .
They claim to be able to tell from bone structure.
I do see a difference in the shape of the face ,personally .The Japanese have very different nose structure too.
Just because they all "look the same" to outsiders,doesn't mean they don't look very different to one another.
Most people cannot even tell the differences between the languages,which are as different as English to Spanish to them.

If only people could see the major similarities and look past the minor differences.

Also tagged with north korea, japan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users