Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Roswell guard ordered to 'shoot to kill'

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#106    Technocrat

Technocrat

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog." Anon.

"Art is what you can get away with." Andy Warhol.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

View Postconspiracy buff, on 22 April 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

There has been too much quoting since my last reply to go back and do the point and counter point thing, especially with p101.  What I will say is pretty brief and simple;

p101 says that I am operating on an opinion or popular media belief in the Roswell myth.  Which is pretty funny, considering that we humans all have an opinion on any given topic one way or the other.  It seems as though p101 is content to ridicule those who have contradictory beliefs to his own, which is fine.  Not everyone will agree on topics especially ones as controversially debated as the "Roswell incident" as it is referred to.  I could spend hours upon hours finding documents online and doing the point by point debate much like p101 does well.  I very rarely post on here and when I do, it is simply for fun and discussing of these unexplained mysteries[which is the point of this forum, is it not?].  I liken Mr. P101 to a scientific debate team leader, he loves the being the guy who knows everything, despite the fact that much of us are operating under our own set of beliefs.  Which in itself makes the ridiculing thing quite childish.

I will say this as well, to dismiss guys like George Knapp, Philip Corso, Jesse Marcel, and Stanton Friedman is quite oblivious and ignorant.  These guys had direct knowledge of the actual events[Marcel and Corso] and the others like Knapp & Friedman have spent considerable amounts of time researching this topic.  Just read "The Day After Roswell" by Philip Corso or "Alien Agenda" by Jim Marrs.  These books offer not only circumstantial evidence that the Roswell event was indeed a UFO related happening, but also compile the best of UFO sightings and abductions and other topics related to the overall scope of everything that ties back into Roswell.  And last, but not least, is J. Allen Hynek.  He was the governments researcher into all of these UFO cases on Project Blue Book who went in as an admitted skeptic and became a believer.  He seen these cases up close and personally investigated them as they happened.  How do you explain an admitted skeptic like Hynek becoming a believer?  No, that does not support Roswell that Mr. Hynek believed there was something to the phenomena, but it does tie back into the event indirectly.  It all started with Kenneth Arnold and Roswell.  Those were the two main events that started the UFO field of research.  And I'm quite sure p101 will counter that Hynek was a nut or that his research didn't matter or whatever the counterpoint may be.  The mere fact that we have multiple investigators doing independent research and coming up with similar results is telling.  To keep dismissing all of the circumstantial evidence on Roswell and other UFO incidents is quite arrogant and contrary to finding the truth, whatever that may be.  

Let me first of all say CB, that I also find there are often too many quotes to answer and they seem to be coming thick and fast with this particular topic. I don't think I'll be giving it too much more of my time as I have other things in my life to deal with! I will soon be un-following this topic as my email inbox is chocker-blocked every morning with new replies! Just to add a little bit extra to your comment: Professor Hynek was actually a paid government debunker as well as a skeptic, (and astronomer), who slowly, over a period of time, converted to believing that there was something to the UFO phenomenon. The following link will give you a very interesting read about his experiences: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Allen_Hynek

Posted Image

​"​A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely fool proof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams.

#107    Technocrat

Technocrat

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog." Anon.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 21 April 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

Been on 3 flights hit by lightening. Still here :-)

Cheers,
Badeskov

Have you never heard it announced by a steward or stewardess not to use mobile phones during the flight as they interfere with the aircraft's systems?

Posted Image

​"​A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely fool proof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams.

#108    Technocrat

Technocrat

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 21 April 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

I too have heard that, however, it is an outright silly idea to be blunt. As S2F correctly stated, space is choke full of radio emissions and cosmic radiation, some orders of magnitude more powerful than anything we could hope to create here on Earth.

So to ech S2F, if they could be brought down by radar (let alone a 1947 era radar), they wouldn't be here in the first place as they couldn't traverse interstellar space.

Cheers,
Badeskov

An outright silly idea? Did you get that from an informed source or are you simply 'informing by proclamation'? I don't think it's likely there would be as intense radiation in interstellar space as would be emitted by high energy radar here on earth. Of course I haven't been out there to carry out any measurements and neither have you! To encounter dangerously high levels of radiation in interstellar space I think it would be necessary to journey dangerously close to a star.

Posted Image

#109    Technocrat

Technocrat

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 20 April 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

Do you or do you not think that paranoia is a legitimate disorder and if you do, where do you draw the line?

I think the ones suffering from paranoia are the US military. They are shaking in their boots that the truth about flying saucers will ever reach the public.

Posted Image

#110    Technocrat

Technocrat

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 20 April 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

Please enlighten this ignoramus, where does the official story not hold up?

Cheers,
Badeskov

Their first release to the press was that they had captured a flying disc. That was retracted a few hours later and replaced by a weather balloon. Then years later they said it was project mogul. I think the cat was let well and truly out of the bag by the first statement!

Posted Image

#111    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostMrSerendipity, on 22 April 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

An outright silly idea? Did you get that from an informed source or are you simply 'informing by proclamation'? I don't think it's likely there would be as intense radiation in interstellar space as would be emitted by high energy radar here on earth. Of course I haven't been out there to carry out any measurements and neither have you! To encounter dangerously high levels of radiation in interstellar space I think it would be necessary to journey dangerously close to a star.

You obviously dont know this,... but this single post of yours explains a lot.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#112    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,287 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostMrSerendipity, on 22 April 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

Have you never heard it announced by a steward or stewardess not to use mobile phones during the flight as they interfere with the aircraft's systems?

Sure I have, why?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#113    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,287 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostMrSerendipity, on 22 April 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

Yes, an outright silly idea. There is a reason for that all electronics in space is radiation hardened.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited to add quote and link. From Wiki:

Radiation hardening is the act of making electronic components and systems resistant to damage or malfunctions caused by ionizing radiation (particle radiation and high-energy electromagnetic radiation),[1] such as those encountered in outer space, high-altitude flight, around nuclear reactors, particle accelerators, during nuclear accidents or nuclear warfare.

Most semiconductor electronic components are susceptible to radiation damage; radiation-hardened components are based on their commercial equivalents, with some design and manufacturing variations that reduce the susceptibility to radiation damage. Due to the extensive development and testing required to produce a radiation-tolerant design of a microelectronic chip, radiation-hardened chips tend to lag behind the most recent developments.

Please do note the bolded parts. Shielding is crucial in space, but nothing about shielding around radars.

Edited by badeskov, 22 April 2013 - 07:33 PM.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#114    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,044 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 22 April 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

Yes, an outright silly idea. There is a reason for that all electronics in space is radiation hardened.

Cheers,
Badeskov
Not to mention that nowadays flying saucers would be dropping from the skies as flies sprayed with anti-mosquito stuff...

Edit: spelling.

Edited by bmk1245, 22 April 2013 - 07:14 PM.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#115    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,287 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 22 April 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

Not to mention that nowadays flying saucers would be dropping from the skies as flies sprayed with anti-mosquito stuff...

Edit: spelling.

Precisely.

Cheers,
Badeskov

#116    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 22 April 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

Doesnt make much sense now doest it. :no:

Also, Mr.Serendipity,... Your Buddha quote  "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." is a bad translation of the Kalama Sutta — so bad, in fact, that it contradicts the message of the sutta, which says that reason and common sense are not sufficient for ascertaining the truth

But Im guessing you knew that already.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#117    Technocrat

Technocrat

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostHazzard, on 22 April 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

Doesnt make much sense now doest it. :no:

Also, Mr.Serendipity,... Your Buddha quote  "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." is a bad translation of the Kalama Sutta — so bad, in fact, that it contradicts the message of the sutta, which says that reason and common sense are not sufficient for ascertaining the truth

But Im guessing you knew that already.

I'm guessing you didn't know it either smart-ass! You must have copied and pasted the quote into Google search and arrived at the 'Fake Buddha Quotes' site! You even copied and pasted the first paragraph under the quote in your reply - aaah! It's interesting that you didn't copy and paste the line under that viz, 'And it's very common as well'. :P So due to your excellent ability at on-line searching I have made an appropriate adjustment to the quote!

Edited by MrSerendipity, 22 April 2013 - 11:12 PM.

Posted Image

#118    Technocrat

Technocrat

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 22 April 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

Sure I have, why?

Cheers,
Badeskov

If the 0.5 watt output from a mobile phone can interfere with an aircraft's systems how much more interference might be caused by high intensity radar? And I'm not talking about the standard radar that is used at airports.

Edited by MrSerendipity, 22 April 2013 - 10:36 PM.

Posted Image

#119    Technocrat

Technocrat

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 22 April 2013 - 02:34 AM, said:

Roswell is what it is,A Disinformation story end of Book !

​You sound very knowledgeable on the subject. It's obvious that you have done an enormous amount of research. I look forward to reading further interesting commentary from you! :passifier:

Edited by MrSerendipity, 22 April 2013 - 11:29 PM.

Posted Image

#120    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

View PostMrSerendipity, on 22 April 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

I'm guessing you didn't know it either smart-ass! You must have copied and pasted the quote into Google search and arrived at the 'Fake Buddha Quotes' site! You even copied and pasted the first paragraph under the quote in your reply - aaah! It's interesting that you didn't copy and paste the line under that viz, 'And it's very common as well'. :P So due to your excellent ability at on-line searching I have made an appropriate adjustment to the quote!

You found the page, good, sorry I forgot the link,... so tell me, have you pulled things off the net (even put it in your sig) believe it, claim it as "true" without source checking before?

And no, I wasnt implying that you changed something to make it fit your belief with the I'm guessing you knew that already. ending.

Edited by Hazzard, 22 April 2013 - 11:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users