Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do you have a Personality Disorder?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#46    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

Always get a 2nd 3rd opinion before you take it to heart especially if they try to diagnose in a short amount of time. Make sure that whoever is diagnosing you is using more then a checklist or just a few lines of words coming from your mouth. After you get diagnosed (wrongly) with a disorder good luck trying to convince anybody otherwise which is really stupid.

The stigma just isn't on that list from that site either. The things that kitty listed as well causes just as many problems.

#47    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,175 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

View Postthe L, on 14 September 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

It isnt individual that have disorder. It isnt individual that is ill. World is ill. Life is chaos and irational. World is rotting.
All so called disorders are normal human ractions to outside conditions.
This thinking is immature and just painfully ignorant. Please try finding out about disorders before pretending they are normal reactions to a world that you feel has wronged you.

#48    Xzenox

Xzenox

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

• All the worlds a stage

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

Uh yeah well I have a personality disorder. I have never been able to click with society or people no matter how hard I try. I spend most my free time In a daze sort of dream world far from reality.

The funny thing is I have such a great understanding of the world and all. But I am unable to trust people and my moods Change dramatically tons of times throughout the day. So I might as well be an alien because I just don't see myself clicking anytime soon

#49    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostXzenox, on 18 September 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

Uh yeah well I have a personality disorder. I have never been able to click with society or people no matter how hard I try. I spend most my free time In a daze sort of dream world far from reality.

The funny thing is I have such a great understanding of the world and all. But I am unable to trust people and my moods Change dramatically tons of times throughout the day. So I might as well be an alien because I just don't see myself clicking anytime soon

Have you been diagnosed with one?

#50    Xzenox

Xzenox

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

• All the worlds a stage

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostBling, on 19 September 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

Have you been diagnosed with one?

Yea sorry I went off the subject. They diagnosed me with Post traumatic stress disorder and tried to prescribe to xanax but I flat out refused and walked out.

#51    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

View PostXzenox, on 19 September 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Yea sorry I went off the subject. They diagnosed me with Post traumatic stress disorder and tried to prescribe to xanax but I flat out refused and walked out.

PTSD isn't a personailty disorder. :)

#52    Xzenox

Xzenox

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

• All the worlds a stage

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostBling, on 19 September 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

PTSD isn't a personailty disorder. :)

Hmm But doesn't it fit under cluster c (anxious and fearful disorders)

PTSD can fall under that category couldn't it?

Anyways call it what you will. But I see it as a personality disorder :)

http://en.wikipedia....ul_disorders.29

#53    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

View PostXzenox, on 20 September 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

Hmm But doesn't it fit under cluster c (anxious and fearful disorders)

PTSD can fall under that category couldn't it?

Anyways call it what you will. But I see it as a personality disorder :)

http://en.wikipedia....ul_disorders.29

PTSD is a disorder in it's own right - 'Post Traumatic Stress Disorder'.  People with Personality Disorders can have PTSD but people with PTSD don't necessarily have a Personality Disorder.

#54    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

I could have swore that I responded to this one already....

does being an alchoholic/drug addict count? It does in my book. I don't think its normal for a mule....

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#55    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

For anyone who didn't read the link in my original post here it is again:

http://www.nhs.uk/co...Definition.aspx

#56    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,134 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

I see feeling Zombiefied isn't in there. Must be the behavior they want from us, if the effects and side-effects from most of the mental health drugs are concerned.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#57    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,967 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostBling, on 27 August 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

So what's wrong with that? Don't you think the stigma and misunderstanding attached to it should be addressed? That won't be done if everyone with a PD hides away in shame and fear. No one has to own up, but for those that do, I don't think reminding them that their friends and authorities would be entitled to an opinion whether positive or negative is helpful.
My point was not that they shouldn't share if they wish.  I was simply making the point that ANYTHING shared online is out there for anyone to see and it's FOREVER.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#58    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

View Postand then, on 24 September 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

My point was not that they shouldn't share if they wish.  I was simply making the point that ANYTHING shared online is out there for anyone to see and it's FOREVER.
I don't think you get my point, but that's ok.

#59    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

Oh I think I have a couple.....ADD, separation anxiety, manic/depressive....do those count?  It's somewhat of a roller-coaster ride....normally they are kept in check, but occasionally one or the other leaks out....sometimes more than one....but I manage to survive....I haven't decided to check out yet....I guess that is a positive sign.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#60    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

View Postand then, on 24 September 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

There is thing's that I will not share or post online due to the the above, and I also would NOT recommend that anyone post's various specific's online due to the reason's You have bought up

While (as I already have done in this topic) I do not mind if what I suffer with is online

There has been time's I have known people for a while and one day the conversation turned around to disabilities and the like and I turned round and said what I suffer with, from that moment on their whole attitude changed for some reason, it was like they could not handle that I was disabled, even though it is me that has to live with it and not them

There has also been time's that I have seen people being totally out of order in what they say and how they act toward's people with either disabilities or mental illnesses
There has been a few time's I have turned round to them and told them exactly what I think of them for doing so (severely)

It is only by people talking more openly about such thing's, that the people that are prejudice or whatever will (hopefully) learn a bit more and treat people with respect, rather than the way they treat people without them really understanding the reason's why the person they are trying to humiliate or take the mickey out of, why they are the way they are and how that person feel's

Talking about such thing's is not harmful in any way, in fact it can be or should be the opposite, it can and possibly would have a positive outcome

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users