Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

You Just Can't Fix Stupid

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,821 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:25 AM

Just had to share.

http://abclocal.go.c...ocal&id=9224430

On the news report tonight, they said he wrote the "give me your money" note on the back of his prison release form. Wish they'd have put that in the article online.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#2    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

• Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

Here's your sign!

Mabon.

One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.  ~ Emily Dickinson

#3    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,821 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:01 AM

Looks like they just put it in. I was going to put it in the weird and bizarre news forum, but this idiot actually did this.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#4    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,922 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:12 AM

Maybe 'stupid' shouldn't be fixed. I think that it works just fine. :)

#5    billyf

billyf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

• "I think that god in creating man somewhat over estimated his ability." Oscar Wilde

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:50 AM

wow....sometimes i wonder how people like this actually survive.they just seem to stupid to make it...

so long and thanks for all the fish

#6    _Only

_Only

• 6,450 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:21 AM

"Man tried rob 3 banks", caveman reports.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#7    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

They should put this genius in charge of White House Middle Eastern policy. Would be an improvement from the current status.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#8    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,151 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:11 AM

Reminds me of a drive-thru bank teller attempted robbery not too long ago.

First of all, it was a drive-thru... you know, the one's with serious bullet proof glass.

Second, and most moronic, the would-be bank robber was wearing his construction helmet with his name on it, which the teller noted.

The would-be bank robber got no money, and was shortly thereafter arrested at his home.

Edited by pallidin, 30 August 2013 - 06:28 AM.

#9    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,522 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

View Postsusieice, on 30 August 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

Just had to share.

http://abclocal.go.c...ocal&id=9224430

On the news report tonight, they said he wrote the "give me your money" note on the back of his prison release form. Wish they'd have put that in the article online.

heres another classic, a 'stupid criminal', as coined by jay Leno, robs a local bank and asks for $40 million dollars, when hes told the bank doesnt have that much, he is offered a cheque for $400.000

which he accepts. And then goes to his bank to deposit it....   :clap:   then gets peed off when it bounces - and of course he gets nicked by the police  :w00t:

Edited by seeder, 30 August 2013 - 01:07 PM.

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#10    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

What a moron. All for $125.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#11    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,009 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

There was another "intellectually challenged" bank robber back in the late 70's early 80's... He walked into a bank wrote out a "stick up" notice on a blank piece of paper and
patiently stood in line.. then handed it over to the teller - who was a school teacher on her second job (it was summer break time)... She grabbed a red pen, corrected his spelling and
grammer, gave him an F and handed it back (all without a word)... The dejected would be robber turned around and headed for the door - only to be met by the bank security guard
whom the teacher had silently alerted...

#12    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,522 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

Its not just crims who are stupid either...

"People Are Stupid" - Common Knowledge Survey

Edited by seeder, 30 August 2013 - 08:41 PM.

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#13    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• 1,347 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

No joke, a coworker, robbed a bank with his nametag on his shirt. The company name and his name were on the nametag. You can't fix stupid.  I just hope he didn't have kids.

Edited by Razer, 31 August 2013 - 01:55 AM.

#14    _Only

_Only

• 6,450 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:25 AM

View Postseeder, on 30 August 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

Its not just crims who are stupid either...

"People Are Stupid" - Common Knowledge Survey

Get stopped on the street suddenly with a camera and microphone in your face in a test manner in public, and see how intelligently you recall information. I'm fairly certain that girl could think of any one athlete, and those people could say the alphabet in their head, if not in a sudden social situation.

I think these videos that are presented to be about intelligence are really about social anxiety. Most of us are deer in the headlights in social settings, despite how hard we try to present ourselves otherwise. I answered all of these questions fine sitting here, but know if asked in that same scenario, I would likely make a lot of wrong answers that would make me look like a complete idiot, because I wasn't thinking in the social setting. It's sad, and doesn't have to do with intelligence.

Edited by _Only, 31 August 2013 - 02:26 AM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#15    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,334 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:28 AM

The guy must have missed his buddies in the slammer so he wanted to go back.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users