Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Males TV Hosts Experience the Agony of Labour

labour; childbirth; tvhosts

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 5,956 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Not content with merely sympathising with women in labour, two male Dutch TV hosts have experienced the agony for themselves.

Dennis Storm and Valerio Zeno allowed nurses to strap electrode emitting machines to their abdomens for their show Guinea Pigs, aired earlier this week.
The shocks cause stomach cramps which simulate the excruciating contractions felt during childbirth.
"Do you think the pain will make us scream," Zeno asked one of the nurses before the shocks began.
"Yes, it definitely will," the nurse replied.

http://news.ninemsn....agony-of-labour

I wonder if this will catch on ... :whistle:

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#2    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,209 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

This can't be as bad as real labour because men always have the option of ripping off the electrodes. In real labour a woman has no choice.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

*applause*

Miss me?

#4    Raven_Tear

Raven_Tear

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

• Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

There is nothing on this planet that can truly simulate childbirth. Men will never know the degree of pain and discomfort there is in regards to it so those two hosts are morons.

#5    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 19 January 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

I wonder if this will catch on ... :whistle:

Why should it have to?

#6    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostRaven_Tear, on 20 January 2013 - 02:47 AM, said:

There is nothing on this planet that can truly simulate childbirth. Men will never know the degree of pain and discomfort there is in regards to it so those two hosts are morons.

Women will never know what it's like to be hit hard in the testicles.  Women will never know the degree of pain and discomfort that there is when that happens to a man.

Perhaps a machine should be invented to allow women to find out.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 20 January 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#7    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 5,956 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 20 January 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

Why should it have to?
Where did I say it had to?

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#8    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,298 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostRaven_Tear, on 20 January 2013 - 02:47 AM, said:

There is nothing on this planet that can truly simulate childbirth.

I have heard some women compare it for men as how it would feel to crap out a corner-sofa.
Sounds not too tempting.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#9    Raven_Tear

Raven_Tear

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

• Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 20 January 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

Women will never know what it's like to be hit hard in the testicles.  Women will never know the degree of pain and discomfort that there is when that happens to a man.

True, women will never know the amount of pain that being hit in the testicles would be just as men will never know what it feels like to give birth so for those two hosts to try and simulate it is just ridiculous.

#10    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,209 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

The average length of labour is 12 hours. Being kicked in the testicles generally doesn't last for 12 hours.

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#11    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

View PostLilly, on 21 January 2013 - 03:16 AM, said:

The average length of labour is 12 hours.

That's not men's fault.

There is no reason on this Earth why a man should have to know what childbirth feels like.  It's not the fault of men that women give birth.  Blame it on Mother Nature, not men.

#12    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Posted Image

Why does a guy need to feel the pain of labor? He's not gonna give birth. I understand the whole 'empathy' thing and all that old jazz, but if a lady doesn't want to go through the pain of child birth... uh... don't get pregnant? Props to those who decide to have kids though.

And who get's it worse off? Gents or dames? Neither, it's just a nonsensical bluh fight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

~MEH~

#13    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,280 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 20 January 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

They can invent a machine if they like, but trust me, when you say it hurts, we believe you  Posted Image

Edited by freetoroam, 21 January 2013 - 02:09 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#14    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,336 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

My son's mother told me the pain was over rated for childbirth,for her atleast her words ladies not mine lol.I told her i thought it was the equivalent of us peeing a basketball haha because my son was 9 lbs 7 oz at birth.For the people who say childbirth is a beautiful thing i give a smirk and a look of derision,looked like something out of h.r. geiger's mind or a hellraiser movie hahaha

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#15    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,209 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 21 January 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

That's not men's fault.

I didn't say it was.

There is no reason on this Earth why a man should have to know what childbirth feels like.  It's not the fault of men that women give birth.  Blame it on Mother Nature, not men.

Once again, I didn't say it was men's fault.

What I was pointing out was that a couple of hours of being shocked, or being kicked in the testicles, is not an accurate representation of labour/childbirth. The entire experiment was really rather silly (in my personal opinion) as it does not accurately replicate the reality of the childbirth experience.

And, FYI, this comes form someone who has had the real experience three times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users