Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

need some advice

dorkissxxo

Ok so here's the story from A to Z

A year ago in May my brother in law committed suicide. He drove to my inlaws house while they were at work (all of us have a key). He first tried sitting in the garage and letting it fill up with smoke but that didnt work so he came inside grabbed their gun and went back to the garage to his car and did it. (sorry for all the details)

at first nothing out of the ordinary i dunno if it was grief or just numbness to what was around or maybe nothing happened. We moved in so they could move out.(too much for them to deal with) almost 8 months or so passed then strange things started happening. Doors would come unlocked, anything electronic drains faster than normal, laptops, phones, tablets, cameras, the kid's toys, ect. strange noises doors would be open after you know you shut them even with nobody in the house. the dogs have been barking a lot more than normal. theres a weird wet spot on the wall its like 2 feet down the wall from the ceiling and it looks like its just coming out of the middle of hte wall and leaking down (you can see the dripping marks) its only there at the top and stops about a foot down. there are no pipes behind the wall its not even a full wall just a little 3 foot wide divider wall. its kinda sticky to the touch. the other day the grandfather clock (which is broken) started making a faint dinging sound just out of the blue just light ting ting tinging noise then it stopped. the chandalier light in the dinning room is on a dimmer switch the other day while i was i sitting at the table it just slowly dimmed all the way down and off then all the way back up to normal. nothing else in the house did this so it wasnt a power glitch. (tv was on kitchen light was on ect) things come up missing when you know you put them someplace. the sound system bar on the tv goes on without being turned on while watching tv. just out of the blue.. bam surround sound. Im almost certain it has to do with chris's death. Can anyone else shed some light on this for me.

• Like 2

Hi and welcome to UM,

So sorry to hear about your brother in law. It happened only a year ago so it's still fresh. All those electrical faults can be written away as faults but there are gadgets not connected to the mains that play up. Battery powered objects drain themselves quickly. During paranormal investigations, equipment like cameras keep draining new batteries.

Spirits tend to focus on where the energy is so they can absorb it. Perhaps get someone in to have a look at the wet on your wall. But also consider that your brother is trying to communicate.

Don't use a ouija board. Instead put sage in the house. What do the in laws say about it?

They want nothing to do with anything too painful as far as the wall goes its a dividing wall they put up a few years ago to have a seperation wall between the dinning room and kitchen theres nothing inside that could cause it (just insulation) btw the kids were playing with blacklights in the room and the wet dripping spot glowed under the light not sure if that meant anything or not

A lot of people will tell you that there is no such thing as ghosts or spirits or whatever they are called. I fully believe in ghosts (as I like to call them). A long time ago I moved into a family home. Strange electrical things happened like a touch lamp turning on and off by itself, alarm clocks going off even when unplugged and no battery in them, lights turning off and on. I had an electrician come out and check. Nothing. Every day around lunchtime, I hear the side door open and someone walk through the house. When I get up to see who is home there is no one there. Cabinets slam in the laundry room when no clothes are washing. My screen door locks which is impossible to do on its own. And rarely things are moved while I'm sitting right there. I don't know what to do about it but I've learned to live with it. I don't know that I could deal with spots on the wall though. Are you comfortable talking to him? Tell him to move on.

I use to have a touch lamp, and after a while, it was getting very sensitive and then started not working in weird ways. I think it's the way that the lamps are wired. Anyways, I have a feeling your brother in law is trying to communicate. Is there any way you can record anything? I feel for you for your loss. My heart is with you and your family. :sad:

Yes, condolences for your loss but I also advise against any intention to try to "contact" someone - regardless of any claims or warnings about spiritual danger, I much more feel like not making your peace and allowing yourself to move on, is the larger danger which can happen far too easily for grieving loved ones.

It is impossible to say why the wall leak glowed under a blacklight - there are a lot of substances that will do so, including some types of rocks, minerals, or liquids used in various construction materials. As far as the leak itself and other such things which anyone should be able to say at least say "Well, it *could* be just an odd structural issue" or the chiming "dead" clock - unless you observe, first-hand *compelling* reasons to think otherwise, just put it down to something you may not be informed enough to explain. By all means investigate it if you want, try to get to the source or cause, find out what the answer to the mystery is - but don't read more into it than is there.

I've got a friend who I visit every few weeks now here in town that has a battery operated old-time wooden clock from the 60s that occasionally just chimes, even though it is also "dead" and has been for years. Now he tends to be a bit more spirit-minded than me, but even he doesn't put a whole lot of stock in the clock chiming, both of us agreeing, "Hm, strange" but not putting undue significance on something that has no other clear indication of it being paranormal.

Ok so here's the story from A to Z

A year ago in May my brother in law committed suicide. He drove to my inlaws house while they were at work (all of us have a key). He first tried sitting in the garage and letting it fill up with smoke but that didnt work so he came inside grabbed their gun and went back to the garage to his car and did it. (sorry for all the details)

at first nothing out of the ordinary i dunno if it was grief or just numbness to what was around or maybe nothing happened. We moved in so they could move out.(too much for them to deal with) almost 8 months or so passed then strange things started happening. Doors would come unlocked, anything electronic drains faster than normal, laptops, phones, tablets, cameras, the kid's toys, ect. strange noises doors would be open after you know you shut them even with nobody in the house. the dogs have been barking a lot more than normal. theres a weird wet spot on the wall its like 2 feet down the wall from the ceiling and it looks like its just coming out of the middle of hte wall and leaking down (you can see the dripping marks) its only there at the top and stops about a foot down. there are no pipes behind the wall its not even a full wall just a little 3 foot wide divider wall. its kinda sticky to the touch. the other day the grandfather clock (which is broken) started making a faint dinging sound just out of the blue just light ting ting tinging noise then it stopped. the chandalier light in the dinning room is on a dimmer switch the other day while i was i sitting at the table it just slowly dimmed all the way down and off then all the way back up to normal. nothing else in the house did this so it wasnt a power glitch. (tv was on kitchen light was on ect) things come up missing when you know you put them someplace. the sound system bar on the tv goes on without being turned on while watching tv. just out of the blue.. bam surround sound. Im almost certain it has to do with chris's death. Can anyone else shed some light on this for me.

Firstly I'm sorry about your brother-in-law. Secondly,somewhere a long time ago i remember reading that the longer someone has been dead the 'stronger' they become.So maybe it takes awhile or different people/ghosts/spirits take different amounts of tine to gain strength to get our attention?. I believe it's him trying to tell you that he's still there.Most if not all wouldn't crossover for fear of what's waiting for them when they kill themselves or have been really bad/evil people. Read that book "when ghosts speak" (i think that's the exact title) it's by Mary Ann Winkowski. It's a real eye opener for believers and non believers alike. You can get it from your library .At least i was able to here in my state.