Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Clark McClelland // Space UFOs // 2012

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Just got a reply from an inquiry to michael Curie at NASA's Kennedy Space Center that NASA ruined his [McClelland's] pension.

"I have been unable to find anyone who can verify his claims. "

Curie told me that there were no records of McClelland EVER working for NASA in the Cape Canaveral area, at anytime in the last several decades.

Somebody might ask him, at his website, who is employers actually were during those years.

#47    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,956 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 January 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

It would be an honour to have your experienced input regarding building techniques of the Pyramids in response to the claims made in the Ancient Aliens thread should you be able to find the time.

All the best for the new year.

All the best to you, psyche101, and thanks for your kind words.

But honestly, I deal with the same bizarre ideas in the Alternative History forum (my usual hangout), so I don't know if I could subject myself to even more of the same. It may come across as harsh on my part, but I honestly don't understand how anyone with critical-thinking skills and at least a modicum of familiarity with history would take Ancient Aliens seriously for even a moment. That show and its addled talking heads drive me nuts!

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#48    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,483 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 01 January 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

I know, it's rare, and it will continue to be rare. The material being discussed is not of interest to me personally (you know where I normally hang out), but the conduct of posters is of interest to me. :tu:

I know, and I would never try and persuade you to hang out in this part of UM. But I do agree with Psyche, your inputs are always valued as they are well informed, substantiated and highly informative - so even historic ignoramuses like myself can grasp them (admittedly, I have little interest in history, besides the Cold War which is rather new compared to what you guys are normally dabbling in - hence my limited participation in such threads). :tu:

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#49    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,483 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 05 January 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

All the best to you, psyche101, and thanks for your kind words.

But honestly, I deal with the same bizarre ideas in the Alternative History forum (my usual hangout), so I don't know if I could subject myself to even more of the same. It may come across as harsh on my part, but I honestly don't understand how anyone with critical-thinking skills and at least a modicum of familiarity with history would take Ancient Aliens seriously for even a moment. That show and its addled talking heads drive me nuts!

I must say that I forced myself to watch 3 episodes in a row last year - that was the three times I watched that show (first, only and last). It was toe cringing in it's naive absurdity and I completely agree. Anyone with even the slightest ability to think critically would question anything put forth by them. I used to enjoy watching the history channel, but sadly they have fallen into the trap so many others have of showing "reality" shows, be it UFO hunters, ghost hunters, ancient aliens and what have you. They used to have some good WWII and Cold War documentaries, now I never flip to that channel.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users