Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

The most powerful force in the world

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16    XenoFish

XenoFish

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

• You program reality. Now Do It.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:36 AM

You know who else is the strongest force in the world?
Posted Image

My gummy bear died. My unicorn ran away. My imaginary friend was kidnapped. The voices in my head won't talk to me. Oh No! I'm going sane.

#17    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,976 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostJilliman, on 08 June 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

What drives us to do the things we do?

What is the most driving force behind all our actions?

Some say it's love.

Some say it's fear.

I would like love to be the driving force of the world but sadly I think it all comes down to fear when we get right down to it.

What are your thoughts?

I like Omerta's  "strong force"  answer,  and StarMountain Kid's  "EGO"  answer.  I've come to pretty much the same conclusion  as yourself Jilliman, if we are talking about PEOPLE , i think we do most everything, above basic instinctive actions,  out of love or fear.   I see Love as a form of Faith,  whether given or received,   and i think Ego operates mostly out of Fear.     I've said this before ... I think hate is fear turned outward.

which is stronger.. Love or Fear?   I want to believe, and do believe, it's love, but sometimes i fear it isn't .

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#18    Jilliman

Jilliman

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:47 PM

Lots of great responses on here. I think it comes down to survival led by fear: fear we won't survive, fear our gene pool won't survive. I wish it was love and I do believe for some it can be love. It all comes down to an individual as well as our basic instinct and nature.

#19    Border Collie

Border Collie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

• Schrodinger's dog

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

View Postg00dfella, on 09 June 2014 - 12:30 AM, said:

your mom

Oh you've met her! Well, you are right!

But it is love. Buddha, Christ, just to name two. The message from them still resonates down the years.

#20    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,046 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:47 PM

Everland said:

you seems to mistake the desire to help with the desire to rule buddha never forced anyone to hear him he just opened a path

libstaK said:

Buddha or Gandhi desiring power, no that is not true

What I mean is, although the intent of these people are benevolent, they must have had some ego-based desire for their message to be transmitted to others, for others to think in the same way they did.

If Jesus did not wish to spread his word around, to influence others, he would have not gathered together his Disciples and walked around the countryside expressing his message to other people hoping they would be converted to his message. The same with the Buddha.

They may not have forced their message upon others, but I'm sure they were psychologically pleased when others agreed with them and followed their teachings. Thus their egos must have been stroked  by this.

Without some ego, these people would have not had the courage or ambition to express their ideas publicly.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#21    SpiritTraveler

SpiritTraveler

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

• "Everything is relative" - Elbert Einstein

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:40 AM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 09 June 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

What I mean is, although the intent of these people are benevolent, they must have had some ego-based desire for their message to be transmitted to others, for others to think in the same way they did.

If Jesus did not wish to spread his word around, to influence others, he would have not gathered together his Disciples and walked around the countryside expressing his message to other people hoping they would be converted to his message. The same with the Buddha.

They may not have forced their message upon others, but I'm sure they were psychologically pleased when others agreed with them and followed their teachings. Thus their egos must have been stroked  by this.

Without some ego, these people would have not had the courage or ambition to express their ideas publicly.

I think, that with Jesus, love was his driving force. If someone decided to repent and follow Jesus' teachings, it didn't affect his ego at all. Jesus loved all men (he is our brother) and  wanted to see us find our way to God the father of men. The God of love.

Posted Image

#22    SpiritTraveler

SpiritTraveler

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

• "Everything is relative" - Elbert Einstein

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:22 AM

I think the driving force is different for everyone. For myself, as a teenager, I wanted friends (love), and nice clothes (ego).  As I got older into my twenties, I wanted a good job (power), and nice things (material), After being married with children, I wanted even more nice things for my nice home, and wanted my children to have nice things also. But as I grew older still, my eyes opened. I realized that I didn't need Stuff to be happy. I became more humble, more caring for others, and gave up much. It didn't happen all at once. It took time because it wasn't easy to do. But now I am happier with who I am and glad that I realized in time to teach it to my children. My husband had a great deal to do with it. He taught me a lot about being happy with less, how to feel closer to nature. Planting a garden gives me more joy than buying things.

I do still like to shop though. But I don't hit the boutiques for clothes or buy anything top of the line anymore. I settle for less, and I love the simple life. No more striving to get bigger and better things. No more stress at work trying to make more money then I need.

So I think that my driving force has changed to love, and peace in mind and soul.

Edited by SpiritTraveler, 10 June 2014 - 08:25 AM.

Posted Image

#23    himalyanmystic

himalyanmystic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

Ambition
Ego
A desire to dominate
Jealosy
passion
lust
a desire to expand
curiosity
too many ................. in general

[HIMALAYANMYSTIC

#24    dlonewolf85

dlonewolf85

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

• I'm not a bad boy,

But just misunderstood!!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:39 AM

Sex (not just procreation, but also gender and sexuality) is one strong force in our world too. Not only in the microbial, terrestrial, aquatic worlds, but also in our 'civilized' human world. Our social interactions, how we present ourselves to this world and to our fellow humans, our personal ambitions, our spiritual evolution, (even the negatives like in war, crimes, the lack of social equality and justice, etc.) and so many other things are driven by this primal instinct in some way or another, no?

∂ Ѡοɭ ʄ85

#25    AwakenAscension

AwakenAscension

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

• Without being lost, there can be no adventure.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

Order from chaos. Stasis. All things in the universe, from basic matter, to biological nature, to human nature is rooted in the process of randomness finding a perpetual way to exist and compound upon it.  From there, it branches out to many subcategories (evolution, reproduction, drives, etc).

Once the threads of fate become entangled,
they can never be undone.
So as we create our destiny, from our own angle,
we stretch and pull this web, as one.

#26    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:27 AM

for me it's greed and pleasure...
nature love... but above all else using Magick to get what i want...

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#27    jasonred

jasonred

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• http://biokinesiszone.com

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

Survival and Replication, every other drive fits in one of two or both; for example "water and food" is survival and "health" is both; it increases survival rate and replication because It's a sign of good genes which increases the likelihood of healthy offspring.

#28    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,471 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

Love.

#29    Sir Smoke aLot

Sir Smoke aLot

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

• ... man isn't fit to live if he hasn't found something worth dying for...

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:54 PM

What drives us... Its different for everyone. I have dreams and to make them come true i try hard and will always keep trying, no matter if i 'win' or 'loose' - the fight is important and for me, those would be my dreams - they give me power.

But no matter how hard i try, no matter how powerful i am ( or think i am ) there is simply nothing in this world that could be compared with strength of mothers, as some of you have said already. It would take long time and many posts for me to give examples of mothers strength, so i will just say respect to all dear mom's out there and thank you.

https://www.youtube....h?v=Mb1ZvUDvLDY

''

Cause when I was low you was there for me

And never left me alone because you cared for me

And I could see you comin home after work late

You're in the kitchen tryin to fix us a hot plate

Ya just workin with the scraps you was given

And mama made miracles every Thanksgivin

But now the road got rough, you're alone

You're tryin to raise two bad kids on your own

And there's no way I can pay you back

But my plan is to show you that I understand

You are appreciated''

Its hard not to show emotions when listen to this song... :blush:

And what drives mom's... It cant be just love its much more then that. And the force that is giving strength to mom's - that is most powerful force in the world. And love, pff, love is simple hate is more powerful then love.

...If you’re thinking like everyone else, then you aren’t thinking...

#30    quiXilver

quiXilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:46 PM

bundled emotional and thought chains formed via conditioning through environment...
fear and love are interpretations of that process as we operate under the illusion of choice...

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of stars, blown about us by the wind and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Everything you Love and Everything you Hate, come from the Same Source:  Creighton Larson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users