Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Haunting at the Edinburgh Fringe.....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 12 August 2002 - 12:07 AM

Just read this thought it might be of interest: :sr

Ananova:  

Fringe performer quits claiming venue is haunted

A performer has quit a show at the Edinburgh Fringe after claiming the venue was haunted.

Singer Stacey Smith says she suffered "terrifying" psychic episodes performing in the Gilded Balloon's Caves 2 venue.

She has refused to return to the venue after just four shows with Sketch Club.

The producers of Sketch Club, Andrew Barclay and Brian West, said they were disappointed to be losing a member of their cast after only four shows, but accepted her decision.

Stacey said: "During two of our preview shows, I heard and felt hot breath on the back of my neck, and an overwhelming sense that someone was standing behind me on stage.

"I've had nightmares ever since, and now nothing is going to get me back into that place."

Stacey will rejoin the group, Sketch Club, when it re-starts its weekly residency at Downstairs At The Kings Head in London.

"We obviously don't want Stacey to go," said Barclay, "But we're certainly not going to force her to go into a place that she finds frightening or uncomfortable."

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#2    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 02:27 PM

a hot breath feeling and an overwhelming sence that someone was behind her while on stage, yep its haunted.

either that or there was a draft from the air conditioning and someone was standing behind her, such as a stage hand.                                                

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#3    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 02:31 PM

Sounds similar to the stories about the Drury Lane Theatre in London. There, it is reported, the actors/actresses who are not giving their best during a show are kicked 'up the bum' by an unseen presence in order to evince a stronger performance.

blink.gif

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users