Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would Obama still be president....

Godsnmbr1

I doubt it. People wanted to feel good about themselves, which is why we all gave Obama the benefit of the doubt at first. Like some sort of nationwide self-delusion. I don't think a white candidate would have made it through the scrutiny of our cynicism.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Peter Venkman

• Kevin7557

• Repoman

• Godsnmbr1

And yes, this is just the perspective of a white American. Obama's support within the black community would obviously be a different matter.

-regardless how or why Obama won, the honeymoon will be relatively short once the voters wake up to the fact that America's future

will be in the hands of International Bankers poised as the solution to total financial collapse...

Obama has stated over and over choices will not be popular...

Ok, ignore the presidential election. Obviously Obama was going to win against McCain and Palin. What about Hillary though? He would have never even made it past the primaries.

I doubt it. People wanted to feel good about themselves, which is why we all gave Obama the benefit of the doubt at first. Like some sort of nationwide self-delusion. I don't think a white candidate would have made it through the scrutiny of our cynicism.

I agree with the underlined portion. My own mother calls me racist when I try to explain the reasons I didn't vote for him.

Here's a question for you guys. Hypothetically, what if Obama was a republican and ran, and McCain was democrat and ran? Who would have won?

If McCain was a democrat, meaning most of his platform would have been totally different, he probably would have won too. I think that country blames a lot of the problems with the economy and the war in Iraq and the state of healthcare on the repulicans, whether that's right or not.

Ok, ignore the presidential election. Obviously Obama was going to win against McCain and Palin. What about Hillary though? He would have never even made it past the primaries.

Would hillary have even been in the picture if she were a man?

If McCain was a democrat, meaning most of his platform would have been totally different, he probably would have won too. I think that country blames a lot of the problems with the economy and the war in Iraq and the state of healthcare on the repulicans, whether that's right or not.

See I kind of think that Obama got the nomination from the democrats because he was black. Kind of an ace in the hole. His appearance is everything Bush isn't. A short old white republican who messed a lot up will be replaced by a short old white republican or a tall black democrat. Rubber band effect.

Wow, this is like, EXACTLY the same as another thread.

Yes, Obama is where he is in large part because of his race. Just like the last 43 presidents (did I get that right?).

See I kind of think that Obama got the nomination from the democrats because he was black. Kind of an ace in the hole.

I don't think being black was a sure thing. I'm relatively certain that picking a black candidate was a gamble. But so would have been picking a woman. There was a lot of talk that people would pull up short of voting for a black man.

His appearance is everything Bush isn't. A short old white republican who messed a lot up will be replaced by a short old white republican or a tall black democrat.

I did't think bush was short. He's short? Well, if people vote for stupid reasons like height and skin color, or accent or marital status or any of that nonsense, we don't deserve to have a good leader.

I did't think bush was short. He's short? Well, if people vote for stupid reasons like height and skin color, or accent or marital status or any of that nonsense, we don't deserve to have a good leader.

Shorter than Obama. It's like the earth is big...but compared to the sun it's small. That kind of thing.

And as for the bolded part: Neo...this is America. What do you expect? I would say at least 50% of voters don't know what's going on when they hear a debate on tv.

I would say at least 50% of voters don't know what's going on when they hear a debate on tv.

That's been very apparent over the past decade.

And yes, this is just the perspective of a white American. Obama's support within the black community would obviously be a different matter.

You know it is statements like that that promote the current racial problem in america as you can not see yourself a human being but rather as a white person. And yes blacks have the same problem even though most claim to want to end racism they are more racist then the KKK. You can disagree all you want that doesn't make it untrue. But I am not going to prattle on about racism as that would need a different thread.

As for the topic of the forum. Ha ha ha ha ha ha....HA ha ha ha ha ha. Well enough said. Yes america has deluded themselves greatly in this matter. Though I haven't. They mearly chose to believe someone becaus they were promised a end to their suffering and didn't want to look at what was actually going on in front of their own faces along with past evidence of Obama which doesn't go to well for him.

Edited by Kevin7557

Would hillary have even been in the picture if she were a man?

Again it is statements like that which are the problem with sexism.

You know it is statements like that that promote the current racial problem in america as you can not see yourself a human being but rather as a white person. And yes blacks have the same problem even though most claim to want to end racism they are more racist then the KKK. You can disagree all you want that doesn't make it untrue. But I am not going to prattle on about racism as that would need a different thread.

Actually it's overly broad statements like that that promote the current racial problem in america. Because statements like that are racist. Get it?

Referring to myself as a white voter is just being specific.

Again it is statements like that which are the problem with sexism.

wow, thats the first time i've ever been accused of sexism! that's a first for me my friend.

Context my friend context. Of course she would have done just as well. Same for Obama. I was offering a further example of how foolish this form of reasoning is. Race and sex had nothing to do with it imho. The people voted for the better candidate.

Actually it's overly broad statements like that that promote the current racial problem in america. Because statements like that are racist. Get it?

Referring to myself as a white voter is just being specific.

actually if you look a the current situation of things that statement holds true and it is directed at one color but a general observation of a perticular class of people. Along with the previous statement toward the other side eliminates the racist potential of the statement, which would and will only be considered racist if taken out of context which just means the person doing it is an idiot for not taking in the whole message and choosing to only take in small sections of it. IE the plane can't fly without all the parts and nether can you get it if you don't have them all ether. Thus the end statement is, before you call something else racist statement check the whole statement which would have shown you that is is a general statement of all people involved in the problem and just one half. IE it is not racist listen to the whole thing and do not take parts out of it. Thankyou.

wow, thats the first time i've ever been accused of sexism! that's a first for me my friend.

Context my friend context. Of course she would have done just as well. Same for Obama. I was offering a further example of how foolish this form of reasoning is. Race and sex had nothing to do with it imho. The people voted for the better candidate.

My bad. I miss interprited your statement as one the feminests make. I apologize and you are not a sexist as far as I know. And no the people voted for what they thought would be the easiest way by listening to those that blame the problems on a few instead of everyone taking blame for everything that they were responcible from. For instance it was the CEOs that are all responcible because they ran their companies into the ground. Yeah this current economical crisis had nothing to do with you guys at congress taking a vacation at a time when it could have be averted or made lightened. No no of course not. You ever hear of the statement "The Bulk stops here." take it to heart.

The people voted for the better candidate.

I disagree. Keep in mind I'm not saying McCain was the best candidate. But to say the general voting population voted for Obama because they thought he was a better candidate is pretty farfetched.

You could easily say that all previous presidents were elected because they were white males. You could say it was a prerequisite that they not be Jewish, or even Catholic, until John Kennedy.

I don't think Obama was elected because he was black. Jesse Jackson was black, he won a bunch of primaries, but ultimately was not the right guy at the right time, according to voters. But up until this time, it was a prerequisite for the Prez. to be a whitle, male, and a wasp.

My bad. I miss interprited your statement as one the feminests make. I apologize and you are not a sexist as far as I know. And no the people voted for what they thought would be the easiest way by listening to those that blame the problems on a few instead of everyone taking blame for everything that they were responcible from. For instance it was the CEOs that are all responcible because they ran their companies into the ground. Yeah this current economical crisis had nothing to do with you guys at congress taking a vacation at a time when it could have be averted or made lightened. No no of course not. You ever hear of the statement "The Bulk stops here." take it to heart.

It's "buck" stops here. I actually spent alot of time deciding between which candidate I was going to vote for, and was involved in both campaigns until Palin was announced. Bottom line, I used to like John McCain, he changed everything he stood for to win that nomination. i feel obama's policies will be more effective. as far as the bail out is concerned... You don't reward p*** poor business ethics with cash. I agree with you. Those clowns should have been made to re-negotiate the bad mortgages they sold... within limits of course. that way, they take a financial hit, but money is still coming in to the bank. The system doesn't break.

As far as Obama's 1st term. Lets see what he does. He already issued an executive order to close gitmo. he's introduced lobbying reform to the white house, it neds to spread to the congress and senate now. I think he's on the right path.

You could easily say that all previous presidents were elected because they were white males. You could say it was a prerequisite that they not be Jewish, or even Catholic, until John Kennedy.

I don't think Obama was elected because he was black. Jesse Jackson was black, he won a bunch of primaries, but ultimately was not the right guy at the right time, according to voters. But up until this time, it was a prerequisite for the Prez. to be a whitle, male, and a wasp.

no it isn't. It wasn't a requirement. Technically anyone could have ran. Victory isn't guaranteed. For instance serveral Persidents were free masons. That didn't get them elected just that they belonged to the group. Which is more like a debate group than anything else.

Edited by Kevin7557

To me election is all setup..

Once robert kennedy said there will be a black president within 40 years and that was said back in 70s....

This tells me that JFK knew something about the future and tried to expose the truth to public...This things got him killed...