Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Fatima lady- What was it?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:43 AM

Here are a bunch of pictures taken at Fatima in 1917, as well as statements of witnesses who saw the "dance of the sun".  I never really taken any position on this, not even whether it was a UFO report at all.

#32    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

Of course, if we imagine God as all powerful, all knowing, the Creator of the universe, She can do anything she wants with out little old stars and planets.  

And the Lord said to Job:

“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone—
while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels shouted for joy?

Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,
that it might take the earth by the edges
and shake the wicked out of it?
The earth takes shape like clay under a seal;
its features stand out like those of a garment.
The wicked are denied their light,
and their upraised arm is broken.

Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades?
Can you loosen Orion’s belt?
Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons
or lead out the Bear with its cubs?
  Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God’s dominion over the earth?"

Of course, in a deeply Catholic nation like Portugal, they would have explained any apparition or phenomenon like this in religious terms, and maybe they were right.

#33    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

PS  Job is best read metaphorically or as a poem rather than some kind of journalistic account or literal scientific textbook, since God comes up to him in a whirlwind.  Of course, there are those who could probably read a UFO or ET report into stories like those.

#34    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,578 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

View Postthe L, on 25 September 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

How then you explain people saw it 18 kilometers away? How come that other people there near children didnt saw anything unusual?
Thats easy "L"  they all had on there Mass Swamp gasahallucination Helmuts  and Spy Glasses on ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#35    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:15 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 29 September 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

Thats easy "L"  they all had on there Mass Swamp gasahallucination Helmuts  and Spy Glasses on ! :tu:

Yes, all that was just standard equipment for Portuguese peasants in 1917.  LOL

#36    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,578 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 29 September 2012 - 03:15 AM, said:

Yes, all that was just standard equipment for Portuguese peasants in 1917.  LOL
ANd It never hurts to have a few hundred bottles of that wonderful Portuguese Port close at hand ! Gotta Love that Port !
Helps with the interpertation of said God like events !

#37    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 29 September 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

ANd It never hurts to have a few hundred bottles of that wonderful Portuguese Port close at hand ! Gotta Love that Port !
Helps with the interpertation of said God like events !

For all I know, the people at Fatama just got a glimpse of the landlord of this planet, as did old Job, thousands of years ago.  It's possible, especially if we imagine beings with advanced technology that can manipulate time, space, matter and even our own perceptions in ways that are far beyond our limited knowledge.

#38    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,578 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:46 AM

AS Long as they will sit down and have a drink with us ! Im all In,But they better not bring there own Smokers ! :tu:

#39    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,008 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

I'm in line with Brian Dunning on this one.  From the event itself to the three prophecies - nothing really that significant here.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4110

Feel free to read the transcript or listen to the podcast.

And from my own perspective, is this was legit, God or whatever you want to call him is simply a prickish *******.  We were in the middle of a World War, hundreds of thousands of people had been killed and injured and the all-seeing, all-powerful, merciful God creates a freaking light show?  

Really?

How about ginning up a "real" miracle and bringing back all who had been killed and bestowing love in the hearts of all men, thus ending the misery of war for all eternity.  You know, especially since we were about to rinse and repeat a little more than 20 years later - which God would have known, right?

Edited by Rafterman, 30 September 2012 - 02:12 PM.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#40    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

That Was Always One Of My Favourite Mysteries ..

I Think It Was Some Kind Of Holograph But Made By Who, I Have No Idea .. However, I Support The Idea Of A Mass Hallucination As Well ...

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#41    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

Yeah and you gotta question what would happen to the earth If the sun was bouncing around, I mean I would think that would have some impact on the earth

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#42    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,578 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

Maybe I should report what happened to us last night  ? And call it  THe TexasReally Fat mama shake & Bake !
Were all gonna Die the earth is just going to spit us off its surface !LoL. :no:

#43    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 30 September 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

Yeah and you gotta question what would happen to the earth If the sun was bouncing around, I mean I would think that would have some impact on the earth

If this wasn't a swamp gas or divine or what ever else it may have been...maybe it was something closer and so bright it was thought to be the sun dancing because it was in front of the sun?

#44    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 01 October 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

If this wasn't a swamp gas or divine or what ever else it may have been...maybe it was something closer and so bright it was thought to be the sun dancing because it was in front of the sun?

I never thought it would literally be a case of the sun dancing around, but more likely something that was happening much closer--obviously something unusual.  If it had been the sun, then it would probably have fried the earth completely if it actually moved closer.  

Some people have suggested that it was a sun dog or some unusual atmospheric phenomenon, which of course is a standard explanation for many UFO reports.

http://www.google.co...dwuS6XJUpECS56w

#45    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

The Catholic Church officially proclaimed it a miracle in 1930, but the Protestant churches rejected that, as of course do rationalists and most scientific observers.  I have never been able to make up my mind about the event, or the visions and prophecies of the children.  It's unusual and unexplained, whether or not we want to call it a UFO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users