Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The 'hungry' trees that can't help swallowing

Still Waters

Mother nature can be unrelenting at the best of times - and these trees show how hungry she can be.

The perennial woody plants have no mercy for man-made structures as they engulf them into their trunk.

Eating road signs, grave headstones and iron railings they will stop at nothing to slowly swallow their prey.

http://www.dailymail...llowing-up.html

• Like 3

well the bad news is trees have developed the talent to eat things and maybe even people well and the good news we could tame these trees and use them for military purposes

If we all disappeared tomorrow, it wouldn't take mother nature all that long to reclaim the lands we've developed. It's nice to know things carry on.

I always found pictures of trees engulfing things to be bizarre and beautiful at the same time. Nature is a marvelous artist.

rest assured that if I chained my dog to a tree, it would never engulf his barking mouth

*disclaimer - no animals were abused in this post. It is intended as humor*

I like the tree eating the grave store. That looked cool.

Some of those photos are really good, I particularly like the one with the fence!

Some of those photos are really good, I particularly like the one with the fence!

My favorite is the one with the tree!

Also, you would have to be pretty slow to get eaten by a tree...

I've seen trees around here that had grown around something, it is strange to look at.