Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ufos and Aliens in Ancient arts :

Nans DESMICHELS

There are frescos throughout Europe which reveal the appearance of space ships in the skies including one from the 14th century showing a small human looking man looking over his shoulder as he flies across the sky in what is clearly a space ship. He is actually being pursued by a similar craft.

user posted image

user posted image

15th Century (!)

user posted image

This one really look like a sputnik ! blink.gif

user posted image

Any comment ?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• Kismit

• Ronin6th

• Tillghast

Nice to see you again Nans DESMICHELS ,

Great pics . Should make an iteresting topic.Here's my two cent's worth.

I think the first pic has got me the most stumped . The second and forth ones however could well be depicting comet's as they would have been quite a phenomenom back then , and finally the third picture could well be a represtentation of the Sun in all it's golden glory. smile.gif

I tend to favour the simplest explanation for these images - the pictures depict

exactly what they are...

... ships in the sky.

People have been seeing Ufos since the Egyptian times and

probably prior to that.

If I were to post pics of a flying saucer next to the World Trade Center and I said that I took them yesterday, you would all know that they were faked. This means that I attempted to pull a hoax and this possibility shoud not be ruled out with any of these paintings either.

People have been imaginative and craving attention for as long as history records and probably well before that. There could be little more to this story than someone getting fancy with a paintbrush in an attempt to be the talk of the town for the next few weeks.

Contemporary humans do not give our ancestors a lot of credit. We believe that they couldn't understand such a craft as we would know it and thus paint it in a simplistic way. While some artistic licence would have to be permitted, if someone happened to see a craft that looked like an X-Wing, that is what you would have got a picture of.

Although you are quite correct, Space Moose, and that explanation may account

for a few of those paintings, it has to be said, some very well might (like our

own Ufo photographs) be genuine.

Nice Link Al

The pic's nans posted come from a painting of the crucifixion. Could it be that in the future we develope Time travel technologies ? The crucifixion , birth and resurection of Christ would certainly be times worth travelling back to.

• 1 month later...

the first one might be a HUMAN flying machine. rolleyes.gif

Wow...so amazing...I must confess that, usually skeptic in everything concerning UFOs, those pics encourage me to believe. alien.gifalien.gifalien.gif

But we must also think that some of them could be human flying machines like KP suggest, or simply a representation of god...

Anyway, I really would like them to be UFOs!!! original.gif

They are just art original.gif

They might be experience shown by art .. or they might just be imagination created by some people unsure.gif

I am not sure but I also agree with ((Ronin6th)) .. they might be human flying machines .. and people at that time were very excited .. that they drew pictures of what they might expect to happen in the future grin2.gif

Has anyone ever heard of the book Fanglith, maybe the picture with the knight in it was proof fanglith actually happened. whistling.gif

• 6 years later...

This link takes you to a site that mentions quite a few of the pictures that show supposed UFO's

<a href='http://www.dudeman.net/siriusly/ufo/art.shtml' target='_blank'>Click Here</a>

Many years ago I saw a tv documentary about ancient ufo's. Leonardo's original of his painting Mona Lisa clearly shows a gold colored ufo in the top right hand corner. I am right now watching a program on the History Channel about the prophecies of Leonardo Da Vinci. They showed the Mona Lisa. The ufo was clearly in the version they used for the show. The problem; they didn't show a close-up of it because that's not what the show's about. I never got a good look at it on the show so I looked it up on-line. In all the versions I could find the gold colored ufo was smudged out but it was still visible in some of them. Why was it smudged out?

I am sure there is some fraud involved but there are probably some period paintings that depict objects we would We interpret as space ships. Maybe that is what they are or maybe they represent something completely different. Unless some text surfaces that documents them any conclusions are noting more than pure speculation.

Edited by sinewave