Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

should drugs be legalized?

ali smack

36 members have voted

1. 1. should drugs be legalized?

• no.
    • yes. only to help people get off drugs such as crack, heroin.
    • yes. just legalize everything and allow people to take what they want.
    • yes. only soft drugs such as cannabis
    • yes. but have some sort of regulations put in place, legalize cannabis but don't legalize really hard drugs.

I voted:

yes. just legalize everything and allow people to take what they want.

Here is my reasons:

1, You can't stop people doing it, they will do it if they want. No point wasting prison space on addicts and small time drug dealers etc.

2, There is far more crime from smuggling, distrubution, gang wars and dealing etc because of drugs being ilegal than there would be if it was legal.

3, The police and other authority departments time is wasted by so much drug raids, arrests, gang crime, smuggling etc etc that it could be put to better use in other areas.

4, They talk about our population being too big and finding ways to control it etc... So if people want to kill themselves on drugs.. let them.

5, People on drugs only harm others because they need money etc to get a fix from some overpriced dealer.

5, Most people get addicted because some nasty dealer has given them a free hit or 2 to get them hooked. Most people wouldn't spend money on drugs, therefor not developing the want for them.

I could literally go on forever about why the drug war is a huge failure, waste of time and money. It's most likely had a huge impact on the econemy. I'm sure more poeple will add far more things to the lsit of why it should be legalised

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 7

But it helps putting drug abusers into prison? The stuff is illegal, and still tons of people are on it. Legalise drugs, regulate them, educate people, and try helping the abusers.

Yes, it may hurt some people, just like alcohol or pharmaceuticals hurt some people. Regulation is the key, and prohibition does not help anyone, except for the drug cartels. In the end it is YOUR choice if you want to do drugs - whether they are illegal or not.

Similar thread.

• Like 3

I have voted for the third option as well, but of course would I want some sort of regulation, just like alcohol or tobacco is being regulated.

• Like 2

I have voted for the third option as well, but of course would I want some sort of regulation, just like alcohol or tobacco is being regulated.

I agree on that, don't want 10 year olds running a round with needles in their arms. lol

• Like 1

Drugs should not be legalized in the Euro/UK.....USA only. TY. Have a nice day :innocent:

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 4

Legalizing drugs would destroy society. Nothing seems to be getting better anywhere look. What would it benefit the country or the world by legalizing drugs. Just what I want to see running around everywhere I go, mindless drugged out people. LOL. Get real.

Edited by Ogbin

Legalizing drugs would destroy society. Nothing seems to be getting better anywhere look. What would it benefit the country or the world by legalizing drugs. Just what I want to see running around everywhere I go, mindless drugged out people. LOL. Get real.

What Flombie said.... You don't see load sof drunk people running aorund.

It would cost to take drugs.

The streets would be safer and the econemy would be better..... Your view seems like the oppisite of what would happen. lol Listening to too much anti drug campaigns? lol

• Like 1

A friend jsut posted this on facebook, thought it was fitting:

150412_156295681194616_667043446_n.jpg

• Like 7

I am of the same opinion as Russel Brand. Only legalize them, in the sense of helping people get off them.

I don't think all drugs should be legal without regulation. It would be a disaster. I don't think anyone seriously would feel safe if PCP was legal

I am of the same opinion as Russel Brand. Only legalize them, in the sense of helping people get off them.

I don't think all drugs should be legal without regulation. It would be a disaster. I don't think anyone seriously would feel safe if PCP was legal

Good point with PCP, but then there is a difference between legalising drugs and supplying people with pcp.

PCP is usually laced into Marijuana by a drug dealer to get someone more addicted to their drugs.

The pharmicutical companies wouldn't lace marihuana with PCP.................... Scratch that, they've given people HIV before knowing they where doing it. Pharmicutical companies are evil... In fact I'd trust my local drug dealer over big pharmicutical companies. LOL

Ok lets try from a different point of view, being able to grow marijuana or buy it form soemone who does is a lot safer than bying it from a drug dealer.

Some drugs just shouldn't even be, all the chemical ones are a different discussion to natural ones really.

So chemical drugs should be or people getting off them and natural drugs should be fully legalised.

I guess nothing will change really.

Edited by Coffey

Please explain why you think legalizing drugs would destroy society. I would love to hear your full argument. That being said, you are wrong. This argument was made in regards to alcohol in the 1910's and 20's, the result being that alcohol was made illegal. People thought it would be so good for society, that people would stop drinking. Everyone will agree that prohibition was a massive failure. We should have learned then about the unexpected and unwanted consequences of prohibition of any drug, but it seems we as a society did not learn, and so now we have a never-ending 'war on drugs' sucking the lifeblood out of our law enforcement agencies. We have huge drug cartels waging bloody war in Mexico- all financed by the illegal drug trade- which is created by prohibition. We saw all this during alcohol prohibition- the rise of organized crime, the bloody trail those organizations left across the country, Al Capone, etc. This is what is happening today in Mexico and the USA, make no mistake about it. How do you think the Crips and the Bloods finance their gang operations? Through illegal drugs, illegal money. This is the true legacy of our war on drugs, higher rates of crime, higher rates of homicide, more danger to our communities. The true horrors of drugs are these- the things created by the fact that they are illegal. Remove the prohibition, remove the money from organized crime- shift it into our system, regulate it, tax it, have much better control over it. Keep it illegal= huge profits for organized crime, handing the control of distribution over to organized crime, jailing otherwise innocent people who only were hurting themselves by using the drugs... It does not make sense from a reason/logic/historical standpoint to keep fighting this 'war on drugs' the way we have been.

In other news- the Netherlands has extremely relaxed drug laws and society is not falling apart for them over there. In fact they are doing quite well economically last I checked.

• Like 2

Good point with PCP, but then there is a difference between legalising drugs and supplying people with pcp.

PCP is usually laced into Marijuana by a drug dealer to get someone more addicted to their drugs.

The pharmicutical companies wouldn't lace marihuana with PCP.................... Scratch that, they've given people HIV before knowing they where doing it. Pharmicutical companies are evil... In fact I'd trust my local drug dealer over big pharmicutical companies. LOL

Ok lets try from a different point of view, being able to grow marijuana or buy it form soemone who does is a lot safer than bying it from a drug dealer.

Some drugs just shouldn't even be, all the chemical ones are a different discussion to natural ones really.

So chemical drugs should be or people getting off them and natural drugs should be fully legalised.

I guess nothing will change really.

Wouldnt that be the same a buying it from a drug dealer? Either way i agree with drugs being legal. I am a responcible adult and do not need to be told what i can and cannot do. The laws need to be changed so that any "crime" needs a "victim" and any act without a victim isn't a crime.

• Like 2

Wouldnt that be the same a buying it from a drug dealer? Either way i agree with drugs being legal. I am a responcible adult and do not need to be told what i can and cannot do. The laws need to be changed so that any "crime" needs a "victim" and any act without a victim isn't a crime.

Dealers don't usually grow drugs, they get it from a supplier. So even the dealer doens't always know whats in it.

The supplier usually has a lab or in the case of marijuana grows it like a crop in anattic. This sort of marijuana gets laced etc either to make it more addictive or to add cheap material/ingrediants to make more money from it.

If you get it from someone who grows it for their own use, then it is usually 100% natural and good qaulity. If it was legal, you would get more poeple like this growing it and cut out drug dealers and suppliers. I didn't explian myself properly before though. In fact most people who wanted to take it would probably just grow a small amount themselves. Just like growing some herbs or vegetables.

Completely agree with your other comment about a crime needing a victim. :tu:

Drugs are legalized. Unless you're referring to some drugs. The ones that aren't taxed, regulated, stamped with a corporate logo and handed out like candy by the establishment. Should marijuana, the best medicine on the planet, be treated the same as a millon other toxic substances that don't occur anywhere in nature but in a laboratory? Yeah.

Why is a flower that helps people sleep, that gives people an appetite, that kills neurological pain, that relieves blood pressure in the eye, that stops nausea in chemo patients, that holds the key to curing the most debilitating and chronic diseases known to man NATURALLY without side effects the drug that's illegal? It's testament to how self-interested and nonchalant the medical industrial complex is. I wish I could sugarcoat the truth but I won't. I can't speak specifically for the UK and Europe, but across the pond, our "compassionate conservatives" want us to suffer.

Follow the path of Colorado and Washington, mother England. Make us proud.

• Like 1

not too sure about cannabis being a 'gateway' drug either.

my gran has a few sherrys at christmas, but it hasn't turned her into a meths drinker!

i'd been tripping for years before I had my first joint, and couldn't see what all the fuss was about.

sid viscious once said, 'weed's not drugs, heroin's drugs', and I think he had a point. I can drink a bottle of brandy in a couple of hours, and get far more mashed than I would smoking a couple of grammes of weed, so I can't understand why it's illegal?

people who take the bad drugs like ecstasy and class a drugs are clearly depressed. leagalising them would kill them. Put them on a boat and sink it.

• Like 1

people who take the bad drugs like ecstasy and class a drugs are clearly depressed. leagalising them would kill them. Put them on a boat and sink it.

Ecstasy is a 'bad' drug? I wouldn't class it anywhere near heroic or crack. It's not even addictive and the only reason people die (which hardly ever happens) is because they are either allergic to it, they dehydrate through lack of water, or they flood their brain through too much water. For me, it's one of the better ones out there. And people do not take it because they're depressed, at least not exclusively (I guess it's the same as some people who smoke or drink or have sex or play computer games because they feel depressed, just like any activity, and a minority of people).

Cocaine in its powder form is much the same.

And how would legalising the drug then kill them? Ecstasy costs between £1 and £10, depending on the strength, your dealer, and how many you buy (less than 50p if you buy a lot). Almost anyone who takes them could take an unlimited amount any weekend they wanted while they are still illegal. Do you think that once they get legalised things will change? Why? You think this would even slightly affect the current lifestyle? Millions of people take them in Britain every weekend without worrying for even a second about getting caught with them. It doesn't even enter the mind, so it can't be that.

I'm guessing your opinion would seem strange to anyone who has actually taken ecstasy.

• Like 5

If we legalise drugs and tax them, can I stop paying out so much freaking money from my wages and in every other kind of tax?? lol.

I can see some benefits, they would be more regulated. Hopefully people buying weed from chemist (or wherever they get it from??) would not be having someone try and push a harder drug on them and there wouldn't be risk of anything extra added that could be dangerous.

Legalising them wouldn't encourage me to buy them, I don't take drugs, I don't smoke and drink alcohol about 3 times a year. I'm guessing it would maybe encourage more people to try them as they would be easily available (I don't currently have any drug dealer contacts) but lots of teenagers would anyway.

Hmmm, not sure, I am undecided on this one.

• Like 1

Ecstasy is a 'bad' drug? I wouldn't class it anywhere near heroic or crack. It's not even addictive and the only reason people die (which hardly ever happens) is because they are either allergic to it, they dehydrate through lack of water, or they flood their brain through too much water. For me, it's one of the better ones out there. And people do not take it because they're depressed, at least not exclusively (I guess it's the same as some people who smoke or drink or have sex or play computer games because they feel depressed, just like any activity, and a minority of people).

Cocaine in its powder form is much the same.

And how would legalising the drug then kill them? Ecstasy costs between £1 and £10, depending on the strength, your dealer, and how many you buy (less than 50p if you buy a lot). Almost anyone who takes them could take an unlimited amount any weekend they wanted while they are still illegal. Do you think that once they get legalised things will change? Why? You think this would even slightly affect the current lifestyle? Millions of people take them in Britain every weekend without worrying for even a second about getting caught with them. It doesn't even enter the mind, so it can't be that.

I'm guessing your opinion would seem strange to anyone who has actually taken ecstasy.

I agree that ecstasy should not be put in to the same category as heroin and crack.

• Like 2

I agree that ecstasy should not be put in to the same category as heroin and crack.

Agreed MDMA is a far different type of drug a lot of research went into its making.Crack and heroin can be instantly addictive and completly ruin the body in a very short time span.

• Like 3

If we legalise drugs and tax them, can I stop paying out so much freaking money from my wages and in every other kind of tax?? lol.

I can see some benefits, they would be more regulated. Hopefully people buying weed from chemist (or wherever they get it from??) would not be having someone try and push a harder drug on them and there wouldn't be risk of anything extra added that could be dangerous.

Legalising them wouldn't encourage me to buy them, I don't take drugs, I don't smoke and drink alcohol about 3 times a year. I'm guessing it would maybe encourage more people to try them as they would be easily available (I don't currently have any drug dealer contacts) but lots of teenagers would anyway.

Hmmm, not sure, I am undecided on this one.

This is a tricky one,but currently being illegal stops very few who want to do them anyways and cost taxpayers unreal amounts of money to help fight a fake war they are helping to run so........Legalizing could work or it could backfire.