Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First Chronicles of Narnia Pictures

TheCrow

user posted image

(from right) William Moseley as Peter, Anna Popplewell as Susan, Georgie Henley as Lucy and Skandar Keynes as Edmund

user posted image

Peter, during battle

user posted image

Tilda Swinton as the White Witch

"Lion" opens Dec. 9. Expect a PG smash that neither enhances nor ignores the book's Christian overtones—and is light on gore. Disney, teaming with Walden Media, will air a TV teaser simultaneously in more than 30 countries on May 7.

The trailer is also expected to be hit cinema screens in front of Star Wars: Episode 3.

Source

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCrow

• *MoG*

• JennRose

• Feenix Fire

Why can't they start the Chronicles of Narnia with the first book - The Magicians Nephew???

The Lion, the witch and the Wardrobe was the second book.

Why can't they start the Chronicles of Narnia with the first book - The Magicians Nephew???

602462[/snapback]

Because it is the most well known of the series and the producers are looking at it from a marketing/business point of view.

It's the most well known so that means they are going in with a fan base and it will be something that most people have atleast heard of before. It is also a self contained story. You don't really need to have read or know the story of Magicians Nephew to like and understand LWW.

Also they are hoping to make a franchise out of this and turn the other books into films. By making LWW first they stand a good chance of doing this because as I said it is the most well know and it has a good story with some good action in and stands a good chance of making a lot of money. In order to make sequels/follow up's or whatever the first one needs to have made back it's budget plus and considerable amount more for the producers to say "ok, it's worth us putting more money out to make another one"

If they made the Magicians Nephew first, it isn't as well known, people may find it a little confusing and maybe even boring and there's a chance it wouldn't make that much money and therefore less chance of the franchise taking place.

Thank you sooo much TC! Those are great!

602462[/snapback]

Lewis wanted LWTW to be read first, as the introduction to the world of Narnia. The Magician's Nephew was sort of a look back into the history of a world you were supposed to already familiar with.

I can't wait for this movie to come out. I was obsessed with the books growing up. I like their choices for the children. Especially Lucy and Edmund.

I can barely rememeber Magicians nephew though. I know it had to do with the origins of the wardrobe.

blush.gif

Thanks Crow & JennRose - the Magicians Nephew wasn't quite as colourful and LWW so I can see that it might be a bit dull to watch.

Angleofmercy you are spot on about the Magicians Nephew - it tells the story of Narnias Creation and of Jadis the witch, Aslan and where the wood for the Wardrobe came from.

It is a good book - but it does make more sence if you already know the story of LWW so I take all points of board.

Thanks for setting me straight guys thumbsup.gif

602462[/snapback]

Lion, WItch and Wardrobe was written first if I have my facts straight....

Indeed it was.

I've just watched the trailer on TV, and it looks AWESOME (though Aslan looks too CGI for me yet, but they can fix it). What did u think of the trailer?

anyone else have a sudden urge for some "turkish delight" ???

anyone else have a sudden urge for some "turkish delight" ???

610360[/snapback]

No, it's horrible stuff tongue.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And here is a map of Narnia:

http://downloads.comingsoon.net/NarniaMap.jpg

Might be best to right click and save as and download it because it is huge

The Trailer:

Hi-Res ~ 54mb: http://progressive.stream.aol.com/aol/us/m..._01_high_dl.mov

Low-Res ~ 30mb: http://progressive.stream.aol.com/aol/us/m...lr_01_%20dl.mov

You need quicktime though so for those that don't have it there's a ton of screen caps here