Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman sees her cat's ghost

Simbi Laveau

My girl Morticia ,who lived to be 24,came to visit me twice after she died .

That's nice.

I haven't been visited by my little friend so far, though.

I'm not too sure about ghosts.

Edited by Mnemonix
  • Like 1

What a pleasure to read about such a majestic kitty cat :D I have yet to see my beauty of a dog that passed a few years ago but I hope she visits one day :)

• Like 1

So I'd be interested to hear an explanation of how animals have "ghosts" given the typical conventional wisdom on what a ghost is.

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. i've always suspected that Cats are in contact with whatever further dimensions there are beyond this one, and my personal theory regarding Ghosts is that that's what they are, only in reverse; they normally inhabit dimensions slightly beyond ours but intersect with ours on occasion.

• Like 2

So I'd be interested to hear an explanation of how animals have "ghosts" given the typical conventional wisdom on what a ghost is.

In my world,all beings that live,have a soul .Souls can be reincarnated into things other than humans . If they chose to remain this way to say hi to a loved one ,it is that souls prerogative.

I have cats that come back to me repeatedly ,reincarnated . I believe some animals are guardian spirits . We think we rescue them,and it is truely the opposite .

There's probably more reports of seeing animals in homes who are long dead than seeing people.

• Like 1

*Sigh* My cat has been gone since March 2011 when she died in my arms. It was the hardest day. I still wish I could have some sort of visit from her. I miss her so much!

Okay I know this is about cats, but I had a visit from the dog that was my very own when I was in my 20s. She visited me the day she died.

• Like 2

*Sigh* My cat has been gone since March 2011 when she died in my arms. It was the hardest day. I still wish I could have some sort of visit from her. I miss her so much!

Awww,I'm so sorry . Not all of them come back . Morticia hasn't come back since 2006,but I think she's been reincarnated .

Do you think a cat's soul could come back as a human?

I ask as I can't describe in words how much I loved my cat (who I had from when I was age 10 into my adulthood aged 27). I farewelled her by holding her in my arms as a dear friend (vet) made her gently go to sleep. I sobbed and sobbed that day. Truly, the grief was overwhelming. She was the softest, most easy-going moggy who was just lovely.

It would be lovely to think that she is still here with me in some way.

I don't have a cat though... :no:

An explanation on how they couldn't be ghosts, given the typical conventional ideas on what a ghost is would be more warranted, I'd think. The belief that a part (call it a shadow) of a being is left behind in a place it remembers well or fondly can span all species. The belief that a deadly event happens in a being's life and a piece of them is left behind here in the confusion of sudden life to death could span all species. The belief that an intense feeling of separation or love from the owner of the pet could trigger the mind to see them appear before their eyes at moments is another possible explanation. I hope this satisfies your question, but I can give more if you'd like.

Your cat beat my dad and step mom's cat by 2 years. I hope your cat didn't go as senile as theirs did toward the very end, though. It was sometimes funny, sometimes maddening, and often sad.

In my world,all beings that live,have a soul .Souls can be reincarnated into things other than humans . If they chose to remain this way to say hi to a loved one ,it is that souls prerogative.

I have cats that come back to me repeatedly ,reincarnated . I believe some animals are guardian spirits . We think we rescue them,and it is truely the opposite .

totally agree.. my cats are lifesavers.. they are so much more advanced than us.. I've had my two old burmese cats (one was 19 when he died and his brother(17) committed suicide the week after out of major depression, as he couldn't go on without him, have appeared many times for me.. i know when they are around cause my ex and i start reminiscing about them in conversation, and sure enough they have come in on an energy level..

24 must be the oldest cat age I've ever heard of.. lucky you..

• Like 1

totally agree.. my cats are lifesavers.. they are so much more advanced than us.. I've had my two old burmese cats (one was 19 when he died and his brother(17) committed suicide the week after out of major depression, as he couldn't go on without him, have appeared many times for me.. i know when they are around cause my ex and i start reminiscing about them in conversation, and sure enough they have come in on an energy level..

I thought maybe she had set a record ,but the oldest cat on record was 26 . My vet used to marvel at how young she looked and acted.

My mom was a three pack a day smoker. The cat and I both had asthma .

I took her in for the steroid shots every few months.

I think if she hadn't gotten so many of those,she would have lived much longer .

She died of kidney failure ,and steroids,long term,kill the kidneys .

I didn't know that at the time.

When my Asta started having the repeated asthma attacks,I took him to a homeopath ,and it saved his life.

Two doses,and a monthly attack,went to no attacks.

He never had another attack again.

I thought maybe she had set a record ,but the oldest cat on record was 26 . My vet used to marvel at how young she looked and acted.

My mom was a three pack a day smoker. The cat and I both had asthma .

I took her in for the steroid shots every few months.

I think if she hadn't gotten so many of those,she would have lived much longer .

She died of kidney failure ,and steroids,long term,kill the kidneys .

I didn't know that at the time.

When my Asta started having the repeated asthma attacks,I took him to a homeopath ,and it saved his life.

Two doses,and a monthly attack,went to no attacks.

He never had another attack again.

wow.. we were meant to talk about this, cause one of my cats has some serious health issues and ive been trying to find a vet naturopath for her, cause vets are not helping with all their antibiotics, that are not fixing it.. a homeopath saved my life a few years back.. they are the kings of the world.. and it would be so much easier giving her a few drops under the tongue than trying to shove a pill down her throat twice a day.. have to talk the ex into it though, as he is mentally void when it comes to anything alternative (yawn!)..

our old cat, who was 19, had shots too every month.. he had cancer, no teeth, was blind, and deaf but still loved life and was happy.. they are such troopers.. he had asthma too..

thanks

Ahh yes,got ya .

.hold on

The dog and cat and 2 horses from my life so far, who I grew up with through my teens into my 20's, still pop in to visit me in my dreams. The two horses are as if they passed onto another dimension, i see them there frequently as if life never stopped. But the dog in particular is strong, even other members of my family have commented on how they sense him around, when he comes around.

When the dogs presence is here, he is on your mind so strongly. It feels as if he is in the house and this still continues years after. The cat is more subtle now adays, although she has told me in a dream that I am to get another cat, hint. She wants to come back lol. For the first 2 years after her death, i would frequently feel her curled up at the end of my bed, where she always slept.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 3

The dog and cat and 2 horses from my life so far, who I grew up with through my teens into my 20's, still pop in to visit me in my dreams. The two horses are as if they passed onto another dimension, i see them there frequently as if life never stopped. But the dog in particular is strong, even other members of my family have commented on how they sense him around, when he comes around.

When the dogs presence is here, he is on your mind so strongly. It feels as if he is in the house and this still continues years after. The cat is more subtle now adays, although she has told me in a dream that I am to get another cat, hint. She wants to come back lol. For the first 2 years after her death, i would frequently feel her curled up at the end of my bed, where she always slept.

None have ever reincarnated and come back to you ? You may have only needed them with you physically ,when you were younger . If you want one back,you can just ask .They come . Three of mine .They seem to need to be with me . I didn't even know it was possible ,until it happened .

• Like 1

None have ever reincarnated and come back to you ? You may have only needed them with you physically ,when you were younger . If you want one back,you can just ask .They come . Three of mine .They seem to need to be with me . I didn't even know it was possible ,until it happened .

Nope not so far, but i think there is time yet as i haven't had that many pets.. I know the cat has indicated as such and so i think that pact is struck for next time, when the timing is right. But you know how it is with cats, they tend to turn up/find you. I figure that it is all planned out either way :) I think it's great that yours keep coming back. :)

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Nope not so far, but i think there is time yet as i haven't had that many pets.. I know the cat has indicated as such and so i think that pact is struck for next time, when the timing is right. But you know how it is with cats, they tend to turn up/find you. I figure that it is all planned out either way :) I think it's great that yours keep coming back. :)

I had one cat from childhood. Morticia lived to be 24 .Chan I had from young adulthood .He lived to be 17 .So I had them both ,well into adulthood.

I adopted Tish from a shelter,behind my moms back ,without her permission . I hid her in my room . Chan I found in Chinatown ,actually 12 years later . He adored her too.

He was full grown .A stray .

Morticia died in 2004. She visited me twice ,and then no more . In 2007 ,I adopted a black cat that that was about a year old,and she slowly grew the white patch Morticia had on her chest.

Her name is Black Diamond. I called her rescue ,to make sure she was all black the entire year they had her ....she was all black.

I also adopted her in a wild 11th hour save . Long story ,but she would have been in a sanctuary down south ,if something hadnt told me ,,make that call....

She doesn't act like Tish exactly ,but its close . They're never exactly the same.

Chan died in 2008 .Suddenly.

In 2009,I got my first Egyptian mau . I drove 4 hours to pick him out . They had 4 litters . I couldn't have the one I liked,already promised,but while I was looking,a 3 week old kitten,jumped into my hand . The woman said,I've never seen a kitten do that .He just picked you .

He did things,only Chan ever did . I lost him to FIP ,18 months later . I still mourn him,but...pretty sure he's already back .

It was these instances ,that made me realize,that some pets are guardians .

They watch over us ,not the other way around .

Those two ,are probably soul mates of some kind ,to me. I'm glad they stay . It is a comfort.

• Like 2

In my world,all beings that live,have a soul

And what constitutes a "being that lives"?

Do bacteria have souls?

What about flies, spiders, scorpions, jellyfish, sharks, plankton, trees, headlice, dogs, cats, seaweed, marmosets, orangutans, seahorses, alligators, bats, mice, rats, mushrooms, slime molds, algae, etc. etc.?

What exactly is the diving line between a "being that lives" that has a soul and a living thing without a soul?

And what constitutes a "being that lives"?

Do bacteria have souls?

What about flies, spiders, scorpions, jellyfish, sharks, plankton, trees, headlice, dogs, cats, seaweed, marmosets, orangutans, seahorses, alligators, bats, mice, rats, mushrooms, slime molds, algae, etc. etc.?

What exactly is the diving line between a "being that lives" that has a soul and a living thing without a soul?

I believe it would be sentient beings . Anything that thinks . I'm not sure if single celled organisms would fall into the category ,but they might.

So yes,flies ,spiders ,rats,mice.

Mold and algae ,no ...I dont think so plant and animal life are very different forms of life,however,its said some plants do feel,and "know" people .If a plant is damaged by a person,its said they recognise that person ,and can experience a form of fear ..