Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Patterson Film

Bogeyman

Enjoy

I tell ya everytime i see this i just think "i dunoooooo" There's something about it that makes me think it just could be real. I mean that coat looks so natural in the way it moves and stuff. I just cant see how a costume can be made so perfectly except by movie companies who've got hundreds of thousands to spend on them.....nevertheless this is not my strong topic so i'll hand it over to those more knowledgable than me....

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/files/mk_davis_pgf.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• makaya325

• psyche101

• Neognosis

• DieChecker

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're fooling yourself. It's still too blurry to make the judgements of authenticity that bigfoot afficionados like to make. The truth is, with film, no matter how you stabilize it, you will never be able to make a conclusive analysis.

You're fooling yourself. It's still too blurry to make the judgements of authenticity that bigfoot afficionados like to make. The truth is, with film, no matter how you stabilize it, you will never be able to make a conclusive analysis.

Therein lies the rub.

It's real! I can see the dermal ridges on its feet! :lol:

More seriously, as I was growing up, I thought this was probably the best evidence for Bigfoot. That in and of itself doesn't mean much, because there's not much else really.

But one thing always struck me as strange: you know how in movies, a character will walk past the camera, so initially all you see is his back, then he stops and looks over his shoulder so you see his face clearly? Usually at that point (if it's a trailer), they'll have the actor's name, then the actor turns back around and walks on away from the camera.

In the PG film, BF does nearly the same thing. He/She/It is walking along, so you can't clearly see its face (as clearly as anything else in that particular piece of film), then it turns toward the camera so you have no doubt what you're supposed to be seeing, and finally it goes on its way. Almost as if it were deliberately teasing you, just like an actor in a movie.

Also, the horses P&G rode were supposed to be spooked, right? BF takes it in stride, literally. I wouldn't necessarily expect an 8 foot tall, 500 pound creature to be scared of a horse, even though horses can weigh twice as much, but BF looks like its attention was turned to a plastic bag blowing in the wind, and not spooked horses, which can be quite dangerous. I would expect an animal seeing spooked horses to be at least on its guard, and not look as though it's crossing a street nonchalantly.

Given all that, I smell manipulation on the part of the filmmakers.

Oh, and here's a pre-emptive call out to the inevitable "Patterson confessed on his death-bed it was a hoax." Ain't true, never has been true, and please don't bring up the old canard.

Oh, and here's a pre-emptive call out to the inevitable "Patterson confessed on his death-bed it was a hoax." Ain't true, never has been true, and please don't bring up the old canard.

patty is a mammoth animal. its huge. it was said that when pattersons camera was making a clacking noise, patty turned around to see who was doing that. consistent with most reports of walking away from people, and making eye contact with them

Patterson didn't confess it to be a hoax on his death bed? Then why did the media report he did? I remember

that was a huge story when it happened and this is the first I've heard it wasn't true (about the confession).

Patterson didn't confess it to be a hoax on his death bed? Then why did the media report he did? I remember

that was a huge story when it happened and this is the first I've heard it wasn't true (about the confession).

Please, do some research. The media didn't report he did. Your memory is faulty. Sorry to inform you of this.

patty is a mammoth animal. its huge. it was said that when pattersons camera was making a clacking noise, patty turned around to see who was doing that. consistent with most reports of walking away from people, and making eye contact with them

So the horses weren't spooked? I'd always heard they were, hence the jumpiness of the film. I doubt the whirring and clacking of a camera could be louder than horses whinnying and stomping around.

The way it walks is as if its a human. It doesn't walk like it belongs in the wilderness but rather like it belongs on a sidewalk where it would be used to no interferences. If it lived in the forest it wouldn't walk that casual way. I think its an old Chebacca outfit or gorilla outfit and that the distance makes it look like it fits well. He looks like he's walking to the bathroom in a restaurant. Not like a creature of the wild.

So the horses weren't spooked? I'd always heard they were, hence the jumpiness of the film. I doubt the whirring and clacking of a camera could be louder than horses whinnying and stomping around.

the animal was startled. by reports, it is more shy than aggressive. why dont they just leave it alone.

btw i dont buy any scientific expeditions looking for biff.

The way it walks is as if its a human. It doesn't walk like it belongs in the wilderness but rather like it belongs on a sidewalk where it would be used to no interferences. If it lived in the forest it wouldn't walk that casual way. I think its an old Chebacca outfit or gorilla outfit and that the distance makes it look like it fits well. He looks like he's walking to the bathroom in a restaurant. Not like a creature of the wild.

it walks with bent knees and the back is at an inhuman angle. it turns it whole body to look at patterson like apes do

Eh, I've always wanted this particular piece of footage to be real, but I dunno. It looks too much like a suit to me and the video is too grainy to be conclusive.

Edited by DelVal Paranormal

the animal was startled. by reports, it is more shy than aggressive. why dont they just leave it alone.

btw i dont buy any scientific expeditions looking for biff.

Just my opinion, but judging by its behavior in the PG film, it was neither shy nor agressive. And not at all curious. It seemed indifferent, in fact. Didn't P&G carry guns? Perhaps they didn't, I've forgotten, but can someone please clarify for me?

I believe it's easy to leave it alone, since I don't think it exists in the first place.

He didn't say it was fake and if i call it was his son who said that, But many people have tried to prove it fake and so far they can't in fact most of the expert's that have viewed the film say it's hard to tell cause of the gate the creature hand when it walked does look like something other then a man...I guess untill a bigfoot is found no one well really know for sure.... :hmm:

ffound and put in a circus where he belongs!!

if i was an animal, i would do everything in my will to hide from people. its a shame that these animals spend their lives avoiding people. no wonder y most sightings occur in remtoe, uninhabited areas

it walks with bent knees and the back is at an inhuman angle. it turns it whole body to look at patterson like apes do

How is the back at an inhuman angle? And if the body is in a costume then of course its going to have to turn the whole body to look back. I'm not suggesting that its a hairy human. I'm suggesting that its a human in a costume.

Edited by Whangarei

Ok,what i don't get with people who say "his back is bent at a weird angle,his knees bend inward,he has an in-human gait",is why couldn't patterson have just walked like an ape?I'm not saying that all these claims are true(i don't see anything in the video to suggest them),but assuming they are true it wouldn't be that hard to just walk weird so that people wouldn't put 2 and 2 together and figure out he's a human.Plus,if he's in a suit he's gonna walk weird anyway.Have you ever seen those people at theme parks with the mickey mouse suits and crap?They have to shuffle their feet to walk.Imagine what it would look like if they were picking their feet up every time they took a step,and you get an exaggerated version of patties walk.They also have to turn their entire body around to look at someone.

And his behavior isn't natural.A wild animal would at least me nervous,or apprehensive of the big loud horses and the weird humans with thunder sticks and clacky metal boxes.But patty just nonchalantly saunters on past,turning to look at a cool-looking stump.

Ok my rants over.

That's what seems odd about his gait to me. And good examples with the Disney Characters I was trying to think of one. But the animal walks like he's walking up a street. Not like he lives in a forest.

That's what seems odd about his gait to me. And good examples with the Disney Characters I was trying to think of one. But the animal walks like he's walking up a street. Not like he lives in a forest.

an animal of that height and weight would be forced to walk with a hunch back. just because it walks away instead of "attacking", doesnt mean its fake.

some animals maintain their cool with people by walking away.

an animal of that height and weight would be forced to walk with a hunch back. just because it walks away instead of "attacking", doesnt mean its fake.

some animals maintain their cool with people by walking away.

He's casually strolling though. He's not hunched and he's not animalistic.