Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What if aliens hate our religions

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,043 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

As rampantly stupid as people are, they'd probably claim they are our creators and it is they, and they only, that we should worship.

Then they'll try and install their version of a healthcare system.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#17    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 26 June 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

As rampantly stupid as people are, they'd probably claim they are our creators and it is they, and they only, that we should worship.

Ahh, but then it would be interstellar health care which sounds much better;) I wonder if they would tax us for the privilege?

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#18    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,450 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostAsadora, on 26 June 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

Ahh, but then it would be interstellar health care which sounds much better

That would mean a big discount for group rates.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#19    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,296 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 26 June 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

actually that will cause another nightmare scenario. Republicans will go insane and launch nukes against aliens.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#20    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

How do we know we that the aliens might be the reason for religion.

#21    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

I think that any possible intelligent aliens out there will have moved beyond old superstition and religion.  The fact that half our world is religious  has to be telling them something about us. Like our view on Amazon indian tribes who pray for days and sacrifice their young to make it rain.

Primitive cave dwellers,... lets wait another millennia and see what happens.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#22    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,580 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:31 AM

We wont be here in a hundred years the way were going ! But If E.T Did Land You can BEt they wont be handing out Bibles ! :innocent:

This is a Work in Progress!

#23    Andromedan StarSeed

Andromedan StarSeed

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

• Technician of the sacred

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

Its not like others would kill or slaughter human for there religions acts or etc that mankind has picked for other reasons what’s best for them. It’s the understanding point many others don’t get about the religions on earth. Other planets don’t have set up like how earth runs, as is you should not bet your testicle some things in Korean expression can be bit odd in some cases.  

I channel in order to dream, Inspiring intuition.
I seal the input of abundance, With the resonant tone of attunement.
I am guided by the power of vision.

#24    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,273 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

Why would Aliens have any particular opinion on our religions? I doubt whether they'd be so altruistic as to wish to liberate us from the oppression of superstition, or be particularly bothered one way or the other. We only bother about imposing "freedom" people if there's something we can get in return, after all, like a monopoly on oil resources or strategic bases in the area.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#25    Harry_Dresden

Harry_Dresden

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 202 posts
  • Location:Good news is i now know where i am...unfortunately i don't remember how i got here...

• “Whoever wishes to keep a secret must hide the fact that he possesses one.”

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

I'm sure that even an advanced alien race would have questions on creation and life after death.. just cause they're smarter/advanced doesn't mean they're all knowing..
Cheers..

#26    SphericalMiracle

SphericalMiracle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• "Living in a world of joy, we build a ship of new alloy for next year's vacation to Jupiter." (from ALEXIS, one of my songs)

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

I hope beyond hope, if there is ever Contact with ETs, intelligent nonhumans and/or whomever of the unseen, that they (somehow) will be MOST impeccably thorough about allowing us to eliminate the concepts of mere BELIEFS alone (without proof) and WORSHIP, the latter of which is slavery that serves ONLY to feed the beyond-monstrous ego(s) of the worshipped.

#27    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

I don´t see why aliens should give a bleep about our various religions.
Do you care about the religions of stoneage tribes in the Amazon delta or New Guinea?
Same thing.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#28    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,273 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 29 June 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

I don´t see why aliens should give a bleep about our various religions.
Do you care about the religions of stoneage tribes in the Amazon delta or New Guinea?
Same thing.
Well, when they were discovered by the White man, the White man was very interested in converting them from worshipping their false idols to the True religion, wasn't he, so, if the Aliens had anything like the same attitude, it could be a cause for concern ...

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#29    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,580 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

One should only be looking at the Actual Facts,Has anyone Landed and Told us what We need to believe in yet? And In the fact that Thats not Happened We should still slog on with trying to understand that Man is so far the only  creature that we know of that makes up stories to try and control ourselfs.
So If E.T does Land just maybe HE will indeed try to Control us too. Like baby sheep ,all herded into the Oven`s for Dinner !
Food for Thought . :whistle:

This is a Work in Progress!

#30    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• 1,670 posts

• We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 29 June 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

So If E.T does Land just maybe HE will indeed try to Control us too. Like baby sheep ,all herded into the Oven`s for Dinner !
Food for Thought . :whistle:

Yup lol! It's possible life on Earth was seeded here a long time ago by aliens, and that the Earth is their farm and we're like cows to them... ready for consumption the next time an intergalactic convention is held nearby... :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users