Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ohio Catholic nuns bash contraceptives

None of the above

Good to see that some sections of the Catholic Church are still sticking with the traditional hatreds and bigotry:

"You deserve to know the truth about contraception! The truth being that it makes women unattractive! That it turns men gay! That it makes men have sex with dogs and turns women into murderers!

Well that's according to a sect of Catholic nuns in Ohio, who have released a 13 minute video ominously entitled "You deserve to know the truth about contraception."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10/08/contraception-makes-unattractive-turns-men-gay-bestiality-and-murder-_n_1947457.html?ncid=wsc-ukhf-news-headline

http://youtu.be/auv6c0-FsjU

i forgot the head of the catholic church was in ohio and that it was run by nuns and of course this will reflect badly on all christians because we dont believe in the bible but the opinions of new fanatics.

calling it a section of the catholic church is ridiculas when there can not be a section differing from the catholic church, there is only one head of the catholic chruch and that is in rome.

Edited by Ever Learning

Interesting. I'm guessing that these particular nuns, unlike many other Catholic nuns, are not going to face threats of excommunication by the pope. What do you think of the "Nuns on the Bus" tour and how the Vatican is responding?

i forgot the head of the catholic church was in ohio and that it was run by nuns and of course this will reflect badly on all christians because we dont believe in the bible but the opinions of new fanatics.

calling it a section of the catholic church is ridiculas when there can not be a section differing from the catholic church, there is only one head of the catholic chruch and that is in rome.

They are described as a 'Sect of Catholic Nuns'.

I expect thy Pontif shall be excommunicating them forthwith?

Interesting. I'm guessing that these particular nuns, unlike many other Catholic nuns, are not going to face threats of excommunication by the pope. What do you think of the "Nuns on the Bus" tour and how the Vatican is responding?

LOL, crossed posts.

They'll be fine. These views are no so far from those of large sections of Catholicism.

To excommunicate them would be to invite a split that the Vatican won't be eagre to see.

They are described as a 'Sect of Catholic Nuns'.

I expect thy Pontif shall be excommunicating them forthwith?

Im not catholic and dont agree with the catholic church in general, i was talking about you saying sections and not sects.

There sure are a lot of 1/2 truths in that video that are extended into absurdity.

And aren't nun's celibate? How's that factor into all this stuff about the duty to procreate? Isn't celibacy a form of contraception, in a sense?

• Like 1

Im not catholic and dont agree with the catholic church in general, i was talking about you saying sections and not sects.

Are you saying that these views are not representative of a section of Catholicism?

• Like 1

Are you saying that these views are not representative of a section of Catholicism?

Roman Catholic sects

There are many groups outside the Roman Catholic Church which regard themselves as Catholic, such as the Community of the Lady of All Nations, the Palmarian Catholic Church, the Philippine Independent Church, the Brazilian Catholic Apostolic Church, the Free Catholic Church, the Society of St. Pius X, the Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God, and others.

im not saying i think its a section im saying the catholic church doesnt have sections.

• Like 1

Roman Catholic sects

There are many groups outside the Roman Catholic Church which regard themselves as Catholic, such as the Community of the Lady of All Nations, the Palmarian Catholic Church, the Philippine Independent Church, the Brazilian Catholic Apostolic Church, the Free Catholic Church, the Society of St. Pius X, the Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God, and others.

im not saying i think its a section im saying the catholic church doesnt have sections.

Catholic Brazillians?

.............No I can't go there! :no:

I notice the mod's have edited my title!

If you are reading, the new title isn't as good :P

Bloody police state ;)

• Like 1

Catholic Brazillians?

.............No I can't go there! :no:

I notice the mod's have edited my title!

If you are reading, the new title isn't as good :P

Bloody police state ;)

lol thought it looked different, id ask you to remind me what it was but wouldnt want you to incriminate your self further :P

• Like 1

Uneducated people making uneducated assumtions. This is how blind faith dummies down society. How embarassing for them!

• Like 2

There sure are a lot of 1/2 truths in that video that are extended into absurdity.

And aren't nun's celibate? How's that factor into all this stuff about the duty to procreate? Isn't celibacy a form of contraception, in a sense?

These are my thoughts. Both priests and nuns practice celibacy ( mostly any way ;) ). This is contraception. Do you know how poor we would be without contraceptives. My wife is as fertile as miricle grow. Id have ten children by now. Im afraid to even look at her without a condom..... Snip snip for me soon...

Ironically with 3, we can't afford to send them to catholic school. Feeding, educating, and raising three boys is economically challenging as it is, and we make good money. I suppose the church would like more uneducated poor constituents.

Every month the nuns themselves must be committing murder when their body's abort their potential child. How sinful... They should be having sex trying to turn all those eggs into babies.

Edited by Seeker79

Dont tell me that this branch of Nuns use contraceptives ?,or are they of the same/similar crowd that believed a spaceship was following a Comet.Proper Nuns wouldnt mention Contraceptives in public.Maybe they are Paranuns,like Paramedics ha ha.

So that's why I'm so ugly?

Let's just be thankful it's not led to murder and beastiality!

• Like 1

The reason they call Nuns because they aren't getting None LOL

• Like 1

Do you know how poor we would be without contraceptives. My wife is as fertile as miricle grow. Id have ten children by now. Im afraid to even look at her without a condom..... Snip snip for me soon.

Well, you wouldn't have to worry about having too many kids because you are only supposed to have sex to have children, I guess. Nevermind building and strengthening your pair bond, sharing intimacy, emotion, and the physical and emotional joy and release of stress that comes with sex, to name a few things.

• Like 1

I used a condom once. Then I turned gay and had sex with my neighbors dog.

Bbwwaaaahhhaaa! Too funny
  • Like 1

Good to see that some sections of the Catholic Church are still sticking with the traditional hatreds and bigotry:

"You deserve to know the truth about contraception! The truth being that it makes women unattractive! That it turns men gay! That it makes men have sex with dogs and turns women into murderers!

Well that's according to a sect of Catholic nuns in Ohio, who have released a 13 minute video ominously entitled "You deserve to know the truth about contraception."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10/08/contraception-makes-unattractive-turns-men-gay-bestiality-and-murder-_n_1947457.html?ncid=wsc-ukhf-news-headline

http://youtu.be/auv6c0-FsjU

I don't think they are Roman Catholic Nuns and this video I suspect will have nothing to do with the Catholic Church. If they are a sect of Catholics then they are not Catholic in the true sense.