Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The endangered Easter egg

cocoa easter egg diseases chocolate treats

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,097 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

As they tuck into a mountain of Easter eggs this weekend, it might be worth telling children to make the most of it.

Demand for cocoa is far outstripping supply, meaning that chocolate treats could soon become the preserve of the rich. Poor weather in the tropics is expected to result in a drop in the amount of cocoa produced this year, and the plants have also succumbed to a range of diseases.

http://www.telegraph...Easter-egg.html

Posted Image

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,810 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

Good, maybe the christians will find something else to hijack to celebrate their religion instead of using someone elses.

The only people who will really miss out will be the cocoa farmers, (whom I do feel for) and the chocolate companies who make a fortune out of selling Easter eggs (whom I do not feel for at all).

Edited by freetoroam, 30 March 2013 - 02:21 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,415 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 30 March 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Good, maybe the christians will find something else to hijack to celebrate their religion instead of using someone elses.

The only people who will really miss out will be the cocoa farmers, (whom I do feel for) and the chocolate companies who make a fortune out of selling Easter eggs (whom I do not feel for at all).

Boooo!

Party pooper.

#4    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,847 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Well, butter animals are popular too, like butter lambs for the Easter feast. So maybe the dairy industry would benefit.
And really, real chocolate might get more expensive... But the food industry already has a handle on fake chocolate. I don't think chocolate eggs and bunnies would go away, just start getting made of chocolate substitute or out of something else entirely. And as long as there is sugar and chemicals, jelly beans will likely always be in the baskets. And peeps, those will probably always be around too.

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,810 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

View PostEldorado, on 30 March 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

Boooo!

Party pooper.
Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

Also tagged with cocoa, easter egg, diseases, chocolate, treats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users