Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Morning or Evening Shower ?

ohio traveler

The wife thinks that it's weird that I get my daily shower of an evening. Before going to bed. She says that I'm one of the relatively few people that she knows that gets one then. She says that nearly everyone she knows gets one in the morning after waking up. I think that's weird. I mean who wants to go to bed dirty ? Right ?

Getting a shower when I do can't be that rare is it ? Maybe people do both.

So what's the general consensus of you fine folks here. Morning or Evening ???

I do both - Once in the morning and last thing at night...

The morning shower is usually just a quick one to freshen up, but the night time shower, is a long one...

I do both - Once in the morning and last thing at night...

The morning shower is usually just a quick one to freshen up, but the night time shower, is a long one...

That's my Summer routine but in Winter - just a morning shower to freshen up. Nothing like a steaming shower when it's cold outside!
  • Like 1

That's my Summer routine but in Winter - just a morning shower to freshen up. Nothing like a steaming shower when it's cold outside!

I agree.. I also like a steaming hot shower if I have a blocked nose and a head cold.. It helps..

I could have sworn we had a thread just like this recently?

I don't think that it's weird to only take showers in the evening, even though I always take one in the morning.

When i can, I like to shower in the morning, then again when I get home from work and if i am lucky another shower or bath before bed. Ideally that is, it doesn't always happen that way.

When I wake up in the morning, I don't want to do anything. So I only do what I have to, and that doesn't include showers. At night, I'm happy to have a shower. Tbh, though, my ideal shower time us just before dinner (assuming I'm not cooking, that is- in which case, just after dinner).

That's just me.

Sometimes I do one, the other, or both. It mostly depends on my schedule. If I work that day I usually do a morning one, but I'm on my feet running around constantly, and a few days a week when I get home I self train for kick-boxing, so at least then I hop in at night too. I have some really mild stress/anxiety issues that can make it hard for me to relax, so sometimes I take a bath or shower purely for the therapy aspect of it.

I mix it up. I prefer to have a shower in the evening, but sometimes I don't get around to it after work. I'll think, "I'll just have one in the morning". But then regret that decision when I wake. Especially now in winter.

Depends on what I got going on... Sometimes morning, sometimes evening.. Sometimes afternoon if I've been out in the yard and working hard. But always at least a couple hours before bedtime so my hair can dry before sleep.

I am another one who does not like to go to bed dirty so it's night time for me with a quick wash up in the morning sometimes, especially in summer. I can't imagine why anyone would think either way is "weird".

I do both too, in the morning a quick one to leave the house smelling nice and in the evening cause I cannot go to bed dirty.

I fumigate and stamp a poison warning sticker on my ass.

Next best thing!

Naw, I take real shower, usually at night, like everyone else. But I still fumigate afterwards. :D

• Like 2

I'm a habitual shower taker. I'll shower in the middle of the afternoon, 3 in the morning...it doesn't matter. I'm slightly ocd about cleanliness.

I'm a terrible morning person, I NEED that shower first thing to get me going. One time, I had apparently lay down and fell back asleep (it's a big garden tub) and the water started to rise to head level. Fortunately, I was woken by the warning sound of cats lapping the water right next to my face.

• Like 1

I'm a terrible morning person, I NEED that shower first thing to get me going.

:P Absolutely!!! I'm not a morning person at all, but my husband is...and he has learned to get me coffee, not talk about anything important and don't ask me any questions until I've been awake for at least 45 minutes.

But, if I've been doing nasty, filthy work I take a shower at night. If I've been doing the paperwork for our business all day, or other light work, I don't bother.

Pretty much what Michelle said.

I shower mornings and only evenings if I actually do something that gets me dirty or overheated. Sitting around doing paperwork or writing doesn't make me dirty... so I can go to bed just fine.

I once met a person who showered every morning, night, again after going to the gym and after every time they went to the bathroom... full shower.

Now that is a bit nutty.

I like my morning shower I aim my face right wear it gets the full force of the water to wake me up, but I am usually pressed for time having slept till the last possible moment which means a quite scrub and then dash for the wardrobe, so I try to shower more leisurely at night when I can, definitely when I've been working out or had a physically active day.

but

Don't see the issue either way but I worked with someone who very conspiritually pointed out(whispered to me as though it was a juicy tidbit :rolleyes: ) that her team mate confessed to showering at night and "doesn't that mean she comes to work with all the night sweats on her?". I never thought about it before but I'm guessing morning showers would on average be more popular with those that habitually sweat at night and not that important to those that don't.

In the winter time, I hate the thoughts of jumping into a shower first thing, because our bathroom is always freezing.. I have to set our heating to go on an hour before we wake up...Yet in the summer going through a heat wave, I would welcome a cold bathroom to shower in...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

The wife thinks that it's weird that I get my daily shower of an evening. Before going to bed. She says that I'm one of the relatively few people that she knows that gets one then. She says that nearly everyone she knows gets one in the morning after waking up. I think that's weird. I mean who wants to go to bed dirty ? Right ?

Getting a shower when I do can't be that rare is it ? Maybe people do both.

So what's the general consensus of you fine folks here. Morning or Evening ???

Firstly, I don´t see how that is an "either or" question. Do some people really think it would kill them taking more than one shower a day?

Secondly, here in Japan, the hot bath at the end of each day is absolutely part of the daily routine. The idea of getting into bed without first taking a nice hot, relaxing bath (or, if abroad, at least a nice hot shower) is kind of disgusting.

Live here long enough, and you will think so too.

Edited by Zaphod222
  • Like 2

Just for the heck of it, let's throw some controversy in - Australia is prone to long periods of drought, where water restrictions are put in place. As a concerned citizen about the use of water, is it ethical to shower only every second or third day especially if you don't work in a labour-heavy industry and don't use the gym (let's say I'm a 9-5 Office Worker in an air-conditioned cubicle, who drives home orders Home Delivery Chinese food, and then sits and watches tv in an air-conditioned house- the sweat would be minimal)?

I shower in the afternoons, as I said, but sometimes I try and get a rise out of my friends when water restrictions are in place to tell them that I am "doing my part" for the Australian environment. So far not many people have found my comment palatable (though every now and then I've met someone who showers every second day, and on rarer occasions even every 3 days). But when sweating is minimal is it really 100% necessary to have a shower, especially with water restrictions in place, and the existence of the remarkable invention known as "shower-in-a-can" (more commonly called deodorant).

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

Some of you guys have no idea what roughing it is.....

I remember about three years ago, me and my husband didn't have a shower or bathtub installed yet, so to take a bath, we had to take a water hose, put it in a tree, and stand underneath it. Exhilarating!

Don't worry, I live out in the country, so you can run around naked and no one can see you.....

:)

• Like 2

Just for the heck of it, let's throw some controversy in - Australia is prone to long periods of drought, where water restrictions are put in place. As a concerned citizen about the use of water, is it ethical to shower only every second or third day

OK, I totally get that. If water is not available readily, then of course who have to prioritize. The main thing is to drink the stuff to stay alive. For desert Arabs, I can totally see how personal hygene takes a second place to basic survival.

But if there is water available without restrictions, then I really do not see a reason why you should not take a shower if you actually can. Jeeze!

• Like 1

But when sweating is minimal is it really 100% necessary to have a shower, especially with water restrictions in place, and the existence of the remarkable invention known as "shower-in-a-can" (more commonly called deodorant).

Nope.

I work at home and some days don't leave the house. Sometimes I skip the morning shower when there has been no dirty work, no sweating, no nothing that would make me dirty in any way. Rarely, but sometimes.

Maybe other people's bodies are different than mine... but I don't turn gross and gooey or anything automatically after 24 hours.

• Like 1