Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Knowing when to move on

RockabyeBillie

I don't want to go into details, but I feel the bf and I are at a crossroads in our relationship. I do love him, but I feel it is mostly one-sided. A month ago we had a discussion about things - he expressed his unhappiness about certain things and I expressed mine - but we decided to keep trying. However, it seems neither of us are particularly content. I've been stressing myself over it for a couple of weeks now.

I'm finally at a point where I don't want to feel stressed anymore and I know I just need to DO something.

How do you know when to move on or keep trying? Doesn't have to be psychic advice, any is appreciated. (but I would love a psychic reading if I can get one)

PS We've been together nearly 2 years.

I'm not a psychic, but maybe you need a break from each other. Agree not to communicate for a week,or whatever time limit you decide. This will give you both time to think and assess your feelings.

I'm not a psychic, but maybe you need a break from each other. Agree not to communicate for a week,or whatever time limit you decide. This will give you both time to think and assess your feelings.

We live together and sleep in the same bed, see each other every day. This is hard to accomplish.

Ask yourself this. Is this a person I could see myself with 5 years from now? How about 10 years? If you can't honestly answer that then you have your answer. 2 years is a long time to be together and if you can't see it going down a more permanant road then your just wasting your time.

Ask yourself this. Is this a person I could see myself with 5 years from now? How about 10 years? If you can't honestly answer that then you have your answer. 2 years is a long time to be together and if you can't see it going down a more permanant road then your just wasting your time.

I don't know. I'm confused and frustrated. One day he'll be talking about us buying a house together, the next he's distant. I'm tired of trying to read him. I guess that's the biggest thing.

The only way you can know for sure is to flat out ask him what he wants where you guys are going. It is not easy to do such a thing but unless you flat out state your fears or confusion to him he may be oblivious to it. Unfortunately that is how guys are wired I should know. He may have commitment issues and if that is the case you may find your self in the girlfriend zone for a very long time which may not be what you want. Or he may not realize that is how he is coming across (again we can be dumb sometimes). You just need to decide if you want to keep going with the way things are or lay out all the cards on the table and see what happens.

• Like 1

The only way you can know for sure is to flat out ask him what he wants where you guys are going. It is not easy to do such a thing but unless you flat out state your fears or confusion to him he may be oblivious to it. Unfortunately that is how guys are wired I should know. He may have commitment issues and if that is the case you may find your self in the girlfriend zone for a very long time which may not be what you want. Or he may not realize that is how he is coming across (again we can be dumb sometimes). You just need to decide if you want to keep going with the way things are or lay out all the cards on the table and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice.